ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thedesihunter
Newly Registered

Re: June 2012 Timeline

Post by thedesihunter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

thedesihunter wrote:My timeline:

Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
Date application posted: 23-06-2012 (via Special Delivery)
Date application received at UKBA: 25-06-2012 (Monday)
Date payment debited: 26-06-2012
Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
Acknowledgement letter received (From Liverpool): 28-06-2012 (DATED: 26-06-2012)
Biometric letter received: WAITING

Hoping to receive the Biometric letter soon, will update.
I received my Biometrics enrollment letter today. Will enroll on Monday at the nearest post office.

I hope to receive a response in the next 4 - 6 weeks, will update.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject:
Hi guys! I have applied for SET(m) on 23rd of Feb2012 and recieved my acknowledgment on 29th of feb.
Since then i havnt heard anything from home office. I am very worried as i havnt even recieved my biometric invitation!! So confused !! Does anyone else have this problem??

Hi, we had the same problem, we applied in march and heard nothing , no bio metric letter either. I called them at the end of July, and ukba said they posted the letter in April!!!. We never received it...so they reposted another one, my husband submitted his biometrics on 2nd August.

Contact them, they are useless!!!

02augILR
Newly Registered

updated status

Post by 02augILR » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 am

Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
Application form ILR: SET (O) with 2 dependants
Application posted: 02-08-2012 (Special Delivery)
Date application received at UKBA: 3-08-2012
payment debited: 17-08-2012
Payment mode : Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 18-08-2012
Biometric : waiting

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:26 am

Hi friends,

after long wait i got my documents back...they said they will send the brp in 7 days

Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
Date application posted: 22-03-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 23-03-2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 29-03-2012
Payment mode: debit card
Biometric letter received: 08-05-2012
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 09-05-2012
Date of Approval: 16-08-2012
Date of arrival of BRP card: waiting
Date of return of passport: waiting

Thanks again for all the members..... for all the information and support....

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:41 am

Apaiva wrote:
anushil123 wrote:bond123 applied On 03/03/2012 (Sa) - 24 weeks (biometrics Letter 26/06/2012)
gurudev applied On 07/03/2012 (We) - 23 weeks
jimbo2012 applied On 09/03/2012 (Fr) – 23 weeks
AussieSetO applied 12/03/2012 (Mo) - 22 Weeks (biometrics Letter 03/05/2012)
sekhar applied On 14/03/2012 (We) – 22 weeks
mustang390 applied On 20/03/2012 (Tu) – 21 weeks

Are you all waiting as well for your approvals??? I am asking because we all are pretty much around the same timelines!!!!
I am in the same boat, still waiting as well. Applied on 11/03 :(
I'm still waiting....

ILRsetO123
Newly Registered

Post by ILRsetO123 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 am

I understand that we can requst for an update from Home office only after 6 months. Is this equal to 24 weeks from day of application. How many weeks do we have to wait to dial HO number for an update. It has been 21 weeks now and wanted to know if I can call up HO in another 3 weeks time.

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 am

Mariyeh wrote:Hi guys! I have applied for SET(m) on 23rd of Feb2012 and recieved my acknowledgment on 29th of feb.
Since then i havnt heard anything from home office. I am very worried as i havnt even recieved my biometric invitation!! So confused !! Does anyone else have this problem?? :(
Hi, biometrics only came in at the end of February, so you will not have had an invitation as not required for your application

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 am

RajuT wrote:Hi friends,

after long wait i got my documents back...they said they will send the brp in 7 days

Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
Date application posted: 22-03-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 23-03-2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 29-03-2012
Payment mode: debit card
Biometric letter received: 08-05-2012
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 09-05-2012
Date of Approval: 16-08-2012
Date of arrival of BRP card: waiting
Date of return of passport: waiting

Thanks again for all the members..... for all the information and support....
You are lucky Mate I posted 2 Days before you on 20/03/2012 and still waiting, :(((

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:48 am

Dont worry mate...

u wud get it this week:) let me know when u do :)

You are lucky Mate I posted 2 Days before you on 20/03/2012 and still waiting, :((([/quote]

pala

Re: ILR Processing Timelines - postal app. (excluding 10/14

Post by pala » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Hello All:

Please kindly post your ILR Applications and processing Timelines along with your experience at this place for benefit of current and future applicants..

Thanks again...
hi. i have just received a letter from my solicitor to make an arrangement to collect my documant as my brp has arrived. (set m) applied on 11 april. i will update you with my time line later on. i hope everyone who is waiting will get their documant back soon. many thanks to this forum.

Gala
Newly Registered

Post by Gala » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:50 pm

@ pala
Great news!!!! :lol: So happy for you.

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:17 pm

honstly I am very angry! my blood is boiling :twisted: . i applied for SET(M) on 20th of Feb, so it was before inforcing the Biometric. I called them today because it is more than 6months that they had my application, the lady aksed me if i have done the biometric :x i told her i have applied before bloody 29th so i guss i dont need one. but she requested one for me todayyyyy after 6 effing monthss???? i dont get them??? now i have to wait for 10 days to reciev the invitation letter!!

why didnt they send me a lleter before if i needed one?? i want to write a letter to out MPs but she is in conservative party!!
i am the most unluckiest person ever :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

pala

Post by pala » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Gala wrote:@ pala
Great news!!!! :lol: So happy for you.
thank you gala. i hope everyone getst their very soon.

stanny359
Newly Registered

ILR Set(m)

Post by stanny359 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi

We used the checking service from Manchester. Therefore we kept all our documents which includes my wifes passport. When they issue the ILR will we have to send her passport to UKBA or do we go somewhere to collect the visa? I am little confused as to how this process will work.

Thanks

inna

Post by inna » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Mariyeh wrote:honstly I am very angry! my blood is boiling :twisted: . i applied for SET(M) on 20th of Feb, so it was before inforcing the Biometric. I called them today because it is more than 6months that they had my application, the lady aksed me if i have done the biometric :x i told her i have applied before bloody 29th so i guss i dont need one. but she requested one for me todayyyyy after 6 effing monthss???? i dont get them??? now i have to wait for 10 days to reciev the invitation letter!!

why didnt they send me a lleter before if i needed one?? i want to write a letter to out MPs but she is in conservative party!!
Did you get approved or do they need your biometrics before making the decision?

waitingILR
Newly Registered

Post by waitingILR » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi guys...im one of the silent visitor of this page from some weeks, like others im also waiting for my ILR. I have applied 3 and half months ago. already done my Biometric 2 months ago. nothing after that.
last week i email my local MP, after he spoken to UKBA i told me " that your application is waiting to be allocated" (exact wording)...

what does it mean? ( according to ukba)...had some one else had such comments on their application.

Regards

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

waitingILR wrote:Hi guys...im one of the silent visitor of this page from some weeks, like others im also waiting for my ILR. I have applied 3 and half months ago. already done my Biometric 2 months ago. nothing after that.
last week i email my local MP, after he spoken to UKBA i told me " that your application is waiting to be allocated" (exact wording)...

what does it mean? ( according to ukba)...had some one else had such comments on their application.

Regards
hi i would assume this means that your application has not been assigned to a case worker yet. so basically its still sat in a queue

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Mariyeh wrote:honstly I am very angry! my blood is boiling :twisted: . i applied for SET(M) on 20th of Feb, so it was before inforcing the Biometric. I called them today because it is more than 6months that they had my application, the lady aksed me if i have done the biometric :x i told her i have applied before bloody 29th so i guss i dont need one. but she requested one for me todayyyyy after 6 effing monthss???? i dont get them??? now i have to wait for 10 days to reciev the invitation letter!!

you can still ask your mp to help even if they are from conservative, i would definitly try.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know, or think that if you get your biometric invitation letter then your ILR has probably been approved and the rest is formalities in getting the BRP processed and issued?

Or is the decision not made until the very end of the process, after the biometric info is captured?

As I said, just curious to figure out the logic to the process, assuming there is one of course.

Thanks!

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Process Procedure

Post by ILtoWait » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 pm

I am not convinced that is necessarily the case but on one of the times I called to chase up my Biometric Registration invitation letter, I was told that they do only send these invitations to successful applicants - the logic being to avoid wasting peoples time/resources etc registering them in advance when they may later have an unsuccessful decision.
SgtBellPepper wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone know, or think that if you get your biometric invitation letter then your ILR has probably been approved and the rest is formalities in getting the BRP processed and issued?

Or is the decision not made until the very end of the process, after the biometric info is captured?

As I said, just curious to figure out the logic to the process, assuming there is one of course.

Thanks!

leo_sangha

Re: Process Procedure

Post by leo_sangha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:59 pm

ILtoWait wrote:I am not convinced that is necessarily the case but on one of the times I called to chase up my Biometric Registration invitation letter, I was told that they do only send these invitations to successful applicants - the logic being to avoid wasting peoples time/resources etc registering them in advance when they may later have an unsuccessful decision.
SgtBellPepper wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone know, or think that if you get your biometric invitation letter then your ILR has probably been approved and the rest is formalities in getting the BRP processed and issued?

Thanks!
Correct me if i'm wrong i believe UKBA's policy of biometrics is to avoid illegal immigration, human trafficking etc etc. So they'll get the biometrics done irrespective of whether your application is approved or not.

VASEY

ILR

Post by VASEY » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am

Hi guys,

applied 01/03/2012 and still waiting....................................

Contacted the UKBA and after 30minutes they finally answered only to tell me that my 6 months date was 05/09/12. They would hope to have a decision by then.

She informed me that NO decision has yet to be made on my case.

I am baffled as to what they are doing.

Applied through settlement checkindg service 01/03/2012
Payment cleared 05/03/12
Biometrics letter - July I think , will post date later
Still waiting

I am so anxious

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 am

youoz wrote:Morning folks, thought I'd share with you all where things are at with my ILR SET(O) app. I'm 1 week shy of an agonising 6months wait, so I feel all of your pain ... trust me. I called up my MP's office this morning and they offered to call UKBA and enquire where in the process my application is. Just received a call from the MP's office saying that the caseworker made their decision on my case yesterday (!) .... now the agonising wonder of what that decision is begins :cry:

UKBA said that the next stage is for the decision to be passed to the despatch team who will review the caseworker's decision (MP's exact words) and after that they will send it out to me. What does that mean, despatch team reviewing the caseworker's decision? Does that mean it was a negative decision? arghhhh who knows!!! I've been out of the UK for a lot more than 180 days due to holidays and lots and lots and lots of weekend trips (no trip more than 90 days) ...

I will update you all when I do receive my documents back - MP couldn't get out of UKBA when that may be, just that it won't be 'months'. In the meantime if anyone knows whether I should read anything into the MP's wordings of the despatch team reviewing the caseworker's decision then please let me know!
Well I received my passport and ILR stamp through the post yesterday (2nd class signed for - someone in the building must have signed on my behalf).

Basically my wait has been 1 day shy of my 6 months! So although extremely happy that I now have my freedom back, it is inexcusable the length of time that UKBA takes to review and decide the SET(O) applications! To those who have passed 6 months or are very near to 6 months, good luck! Hang in there ....

Here's my summary:
SET(O) ILR - received by UKBA 22 Feb 12
ILR stamp date: 14 Aug 2012 (issued by Liverpool)
Received 20 Aug 2012

anushil123
Newly Registered

Post by anushil123 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 am

Hi all,

I received my ILR approval letter on Friday 17.08.12 dated 15.08.12.
The letter says you will receive your BRP witihin 10 days.......normally i have seen people getting it the very next day. I still havent received the permit.....I know I have to continue waiting but has anybody had to wait longer than 4 working days for their BRP????

Apaiva
Newly Registered

Post by Apaiva » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 am

anushil123 wrote:Hi all,

I received my ILR approval letter on Friday 17.08.12 dated 15.08.12.
The letter says you will receive your BRP witihin 10 days.......normally i have seen people getting it the very next day. I still havent received the permit.....I know I have to continue waiting but has anybody had to wait longer than 4 working days for their BRP????

Congrats! when did you apply please? tks