ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with traffic conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faisallt
Newly Registered

ILR with traffic conviction

Post by faisallt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 am

Hi,

please advice if anybody knows.

I got convicted through court couple of years ago for traffic offence and got 6 months ban on driving which is already done and dusted. My company recently done SC clearence as it was required for the job and I got clearance without any doubts, My question is that my ILR is due in a month time, does traffic conviction/ban could affect my ILR application although DVA vetting got no issues?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

a ban gets spent when the length of ban is reached. points however stay on license for 5 years. do a crb check

leo_sangha

Re: ILR with traffic conviction

Post by leo_sangha » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

faisallt wrote:Hi,

please advice if anybody knows.

I got convicted through court couple of years ago for traffic offence and got 6 months ban on driving which is already done and dusted. My company recently done SC clearence as it was required for the job and I got clearance without any doubts, My question is that my ILR is due in a month time, does traffic conviction/ban could affect my ILR application although DVA vetting got no issues?
No it doesn't make any difference to your ILR application, in my opinion.