ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cerrahpasalilar
Newly Registered

I Got it

Post by cerrahpasalilar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Great News
I have received my Permanent residence today. I received just before Eid ul-Fitr (Ramadan Festival)

EEA4 application sent on 4 July 2012 (6 weeks before the 5th year of my wedding anniversary)
EEA4 application received by the Home Office on 5 July 2012
Permanent residence was issued on 17 July 2012
I received all my documents back on 17 August 2012 (today)
I have NOT received COA (who cares)

The HO was crazy. They were unbelievably quick to issue my Permanent residence. It took them only 12 days to issue my PR after they received my documents. I think it is record for recent EEA4 applications
Everthing including delivery took 43 days.

The other interesting thing is that they issued my permanent resident before I completed 5 year marriage so it is good example for those who want to apply for EEA 4 and want to incorporate the cohabitation time before marriage

Additional information
It was my first EEA4 application (i.e. I did not apply before)
I never contact the home office after I sent my application
I did not use any solicitor
Note that my 5 years residence card (EEA2) was going to expire in December 2012.
My wife obtained the PR as a result of EEA 3 application in November 2009.
My special thanks to Spike_UK and Mrfantastic. They kindly answer my questions on the private message. I wish all guys on this forum will get their documents promptly

anp

Post by anp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Wow!! This has got to be the fastest response EVER! Congratulations mate.

I think that if your partner has a PR, it does speed things up quite significantly. What do you all think?
Be good.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 pm

It is either fake news to drive others waiting crazy or ukba decided to allow te sorting officer to issue some PRs where everything is straightforward.

Sounds overly suspicious i tell ya

cerrahpasalilar
Newly Registered

Post by cerrahpasalilar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 pm

mcovet wrote:It is either fake news to drive others waiting crazy or ukba decided to allow te sorting officer to issue some PRs where everything is straightforward.

Dear mcovet
I think you are rude on your comment. I have no profit to lie to people here. what is the point to create the story?
Yes, some people get quickly
Look at the applicants punjab, manis and Vardon78 cases. They got it in 40 days, 28 days and 6 weeks respectively I would recomend you to consider your comment again

Punjab
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=340

For manis and Vardon78

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=180

anp

Post by anp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

mcovet wrote:It is either fake news to drive others waiting crazy or ukba decided to allow te sorting officer to issue some PRs where everything is straightforward.

How can you be so sure?
Be good.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: I Got it

Post by Plum70 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:08 am

cerrahpasalilar wrote: The other interesting thing is that they issued my permanent resident before I completed 5 year marriage so it is good example for those who want to apply for EEA 4 and want to incorporate the cohabitation time before marriage
Hi Cerrah,

Very, very encouraging results or you were just 'lucky'!

I will be doing the same in mid October - applying 6 weeks before my 5th anniversary - and a straight forward case as well: My husband already attained PR confirmation in Nov. '11 and has been exercising treaty rights as employed for 6 years, I have also been employed for most of the last 5 years and we co-habited before we got married.

Can I ask what docs you provided to show co-habitation and how far back you went to prove this? - a couple of weeks or months? Did you include a cover letter?

EDIT: One other question: did you also show proof that your wife had not lost her PR since it was attained in '09? If so, what docs did you provide?
Last edited by Plum70 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

spike_UK

Re: I Got it

Post by spike_UK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:08 am

cerrahpasalilar wrote:Great News
I have received my Permanent residence today. I received just before Eid ul-Fitr (Ramadan Festival)

EEA4 application sent on 4 July 2012 (6 weeks before the 5th year of my wedding anniversary)
EEA4 application received by the Home Office on 5 July 2012
Permanent residence was issued on 17 July 2012
I received all my documents back on 17 August 2012 (today)
I have NOT received COA (who cares)

The HO was crazy. They were unbelievably quick to issue my Permanent residence. It took them only 12 days to issue my PR after they received my documents. I think it is record for recent EEA4 applications
Everthing including delivery took 43 days.

The other interesting thing is that they issued my permanent resident before I completed 5 year marriage so it is good example for those who want to apply for EEA 4 and want to incorporate the cohabitation time before marriage

Additional information
It was my first EEA4 application (i.e. I did not apply before)
I never contact the home office after I sent my application
I did not use any solicitor
Note that my 5 years residence card (EEA2) was going to expire in December 2012.
My wife obtained the PR as a result of EEA 3 application in November 2009.
My special thanks to Spike_UK and Mrfantastic. They kindly answer my questions on the private message. I wish all guys on this forum will get their documents promptly
Many congratulations mate, GOD bless us, that is a great news, now you got 2 Eids to celebrate :D, I'm waiting 1 more week to complete 6 months, so inshallah just after Eid I would get it too.
Certainly u got the record!! well done and all the best with BC.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 am

My EEA4 PR finally arrived this morning!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:17 pm

onetowatch20 wrote:My EEA4 PR finally arrived this morning!
Congratulation mate, finally it's over for you.
Did you apply it through solicitor or you done it yourself, I presume the PR came to your address. I applied same time as you but my lawyer not back until next Wednesday so I don't know whether I have it yet!!!
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:38 pm

spike_UK wrote:
Did you apply it through solicitor or you done it yourself, I presume the PR came to your address. I applied same time as you but my lawyer not back until next Wednesday so I don't know whether I have it yet!!!
Thanks! It's such a relief knowing I don't have to deal with that incompetent department anymore. I called them on Wednesday and they would've known already that it had been processed, but they gave me the usual line that the six months hadn't passed yet so they couldn't tell me anything.
I made the application myself, received it in the post this morning. I reckon yours must be waiting with your solicitor.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:01 pm

onetowatch20 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:
Thanks! It's such a relief knowing I don't have to deal with that incompetent department anymore. I called them on Wednesday and they would've known already that it had been processed, but they gave me the usual line that the six months hadn't passed yet so they couldn't tell me anything.
I made the application myself, received it in the post this morning. I reckon yours must be waiting with your solicitor.
You welcome, well I have to wait till next Wednesday my lawyer back to work!!! but comparing to 6 months I can wait 4 days, I just hope that she has it :)
PR dated 05/03/2013

cerrahpasalilar
Newly Registered

Post by cerrahpasalilar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Dear All
Many thanks for your wishes and thank you for helping out questions.

Plum 70,
We started living together since mid- june 2007. For the cohabitation period before marriage, we added bank statements from end of June 2007 and my phone bills for June and July and August 2007. Also a letter showing the address from UKBA as a result of EEA1 application dated July 2007.

For my wife, we showed only last there year p60s and a letter from her work as an evidence that she has been still living here and she did not lose her PR status together with her PR card. If your husband obtained PR, then you do not need to show any work-related evidence for him for the years before he got PR as long as you send his PR card with your application

For me, P60s for the last 4 years and a letter from the university where i work and a letter from another university where i obtained my PhD degree and my scholarship payslips
Good luck to everyone

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:49 pm

walidukdz wrote:Just hold tight mate .24-7 =17 you should get it tomorrow . It will confirm the week before 6 months theory ! I guess in their mind the later they send it the later you apply for BC.
You were right mate, last time I spoke to my solicitor was Tuesday 14/08/2012 ans she was off since and be back on Wednesday 22/08/2012 but I couldn't hold myself and I rung the law centre, they checked for me(the receptionist) and he said it is here which was arrived last Thursday 16/08/2012. More frustrating is that there was no immigration solicitors there to open it for me(receptionist not allowed, i was told) and I have to ring back or go down there tomorrow. I'm soooooooooooo scared what the out come is going to be :cry: any Idea guys, thanks
PR dated 05/03/2013

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:22 pm

spike_UK wrote:
walidukdz wrote:Just hold tight mate .24-7 =17 you should get it tomorrow . It will confirm the week before 6 months theory ! I guess in their mind the later they send it the later you apply for BC.
You were right mate, last time I spoke to my solicitor was Tuesday 14/08/2012 ans she was off since and be back on Wednesday 22/08/2012 but I couldn't hold myself and I rung the law centre, they checked for me(the receptionist) and he said it is here which was arrived last Thursday 16/08/2012. More frustrating is that there was no immigration solicitors there to open it for me(receptionist not allowed, i was told) and I have to ring back or go down there tomorrow. I'm soooooooooooo scared what the out come is going to be :cry: any Idea guys, thanks
You don't need to be scared, I think you should start celebrating because it is definitely a good news.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 pm

cerrahpasalilar wrote:Dear All
Many thanks for your wishes and thank you for helping out questions.

Plum 70,
We started living together since mid- june 2007. For the cohabitation period before marriage, we added bank statements from end of June 2007 and my phone bills for June and July and August 2007. Also a letter showing the address from UKBA as a result of EEA1 application dated July 2007.

For my wife, we showed only last there year p60s and a letter from her work as an evidence that she has been still living here and she did not lose her PR status together with her PR card. If your husband obtained PR, then you do not need to show any work-related evidence for him for the years before he got PR as long as you send his PR card with your application

For me, P60s for the last 4 years and a letter from the university where i work and a letter from another university where i obtained my PhD degree and my scholarship payslips
Good luck to everyone
Cheers Cerrah.

Hubby and I moved in together in May 2007 so I will provide our joint tenancy agreement and utility bills from then to present. Yes, only his PR card is needed. I imagine that as he has only held PR for less than a year there's no need to prove that he hasn't lost it?

I am really encouraged by how quickly your application was dealt with and can only hope that mine will be a similar story.

Thanks again.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

presido007 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:
You don't need to be scared, I think you should start celebrating because it is definitely a good news.
Thanks but how can you be so sure?!!! what about if it is a refusal?!!! 1 guy I know he said last day of the 6 months re received his refusal!! but it was for RC and HO it is a marriage of shame.
Right now I'm more nervous than exciting because I have applied for PR based on been living together for over 5 years and treaty right and etc,,,
PR dated 05/03/2013

anp

Post by anp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 am

Hopefully good news for you spike!! You deserve it.
Be good.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi guys, yes finally law centre reviled my application and as I excepted it is a refusal, but I haven't seen it yet until tomorrow I have appointment at 10am for appeal. Thanks guys and good luck to all of u.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Gigimou
Newly Registered

Post by Gigimou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear that Spike.

What was their reason for refusing you?

Good luck for your appeal!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Gigimou wrote:Sorry to hear that Spike.

What was their reason for refusing you?

Good luck for your appeal!
Thanks mate, sorry I mentioned that I havent seen or known the reason as my lawyer is back to work tomorrow but her manager opened the post for me and didn't discuss the reason with me, I really don't know until tomorrow 10am, but I think simply because they look at my marriage certificate and it's less than 5 yrs, and they refuse, with checking that we been living together more than 5 yrs.
PR dated 05/03/2013

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Guys, tomorrow my lawyer filling appeal for me, do u know how long I have to wait for hearing, am I going to court or is it just paper?
After court how long roughly takes to get a decision from court?
This is my last chance for now, many thanks for any opinion.
PR dated 05/03/2013

anp

Post by anp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 pm

First of all, I am so sorry about that. But, do not despair. You will manage to get it, you will see.

I have a friend who recently got his PR after appeal. He didn't have sufficient proof of residence because his former wife had gone back to Sweden. She had taken all documents with her and was refusing to help him. That's why he got refused. He appealed to the court. Not sure though if you may appeal to the HO, without going to court. If you do send your appeal through to the court (namely immigration tribunal or smth similar), I believe they send you a court date that both parties have to attend within 1 month I think. That depends on how busy they might be. Normally the verdict is taken the same day and then the HO has 10 days to appeal the court decision. My friends' lawyer said that that never happens. Then, his lawyer requested the PR, which he received Friday last week, exactly 8 weeks after the verdict. He had originally applied early November 2011. Sadly, you are looking at around 2-3 additional months.

I will call him tomorrow and ask him for more details and I will surely let you know.
Be good.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 pm

anp :)
Hey man, u been great and I appreciate ur help and trying calm me down :) whatever decision I get, I like this forum because we have generous people like u and trying their best with advice,, I certainly appreciate ur help, please do get me some information, many thanks.
Could we please text eachother inorder to get more information.
PR dated 05/03/2013

patson2012
Newly Registered

EEA4 Proccessing time

Post by patson2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 am

:(
Hi guys !

I called the Home Office Yesterday and they said that a decision has been made on my application yesterday and I would receive all my documents in the next week. So I want to know how long is it going to be before I receive my documents ?
Last edited by patson2012 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

presido007

Re: EEA4 Proccessing time

Post by presido007 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:36 pm

patson2012 wrote::(
Hi guys !

Just want some advice on EEA4 application.

Applied for PR tru EEA3 & EEA4 forms on 27/02/2012
HO received application on 28/02/2012
COA received on 24/03/2012 dated on 19/03/2012
PR for EEA3 received on 24/03/2012 dated on 19/03/2012
PR for EEA4 still waiting ????????

My question is that: It would be exactly 6 months on Tuesday 28/08/2012 since I made my EEA4 application. Please what is the next step if I dont receive my PR by then ? Thanx you all

You have to be on the phone to HO, infact from tomorrow, make sure you call them everyday, until they send your PR