ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Question 2.3 - Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

FLR(M) Question 2.3 - Please help

Post by mrgsingh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi
I am applying for my ILR on the basis of 10 yr long residency. I am submitted SET (O) and wife’s FLR (M) at the same time.

My wife is currently on a Tier 1 dependant visa. I am not sure if I should say yes or no in question 2.2, If I say yes as my wife has been given UK visa to join spouse previously then what should I click later or should I add something in comments ….

Please help me

2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.

Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

Unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.
Civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

Same sex partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.
Spouse of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Unmarried partner of a person with temporary leave who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Civil partner of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Same-sex partner of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
Yes No

If you answered No, go to question 2.3
If you answered Yes, go to section 3

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person - 33 months, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or Proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain - (30 months completed)

You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

Or
You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed a period of 30 months in one of the categories at question 2.1

You require further leave to remain before applying for indefinite leave to remain to obtain a relevant qualification showing Knowledge of the English language and of Life in the UK (KOL)

You applied to enter as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

If you applying for any other reason - please explain below

rajasekhar_you

Re: FLR(M) Question 2.3 - Please help

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:21 am

mrgsingh wrote:Hi
I am applying for my ILR on the basis of 10 yr long residency. I am submitted SET (O) and wife’s FLR (M) at the same time.

My wife is currently on a Tier 1 dependant visa. I am not sure if I should say yes or no in question 2.2, If I say yes as my wife has been given UK visa to join spouse previously then what should I click later or should I add something in comments ….

Please help me

2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.

Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

Unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.
Civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

Same gender partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.
Spouse of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Unmarried partner of a person with temporary leave who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Civil partner of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Same-gender partner of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
Yes No

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person - 33 months, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or Proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain - (30 months completed)

You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

Or
You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed a period of 30 months in one of the categories at question 2.1

You require further leave to remain before applying for indefinite leave to remain to obtain a relevant qualification showing Knowledge of the English language and of Life in the UK (KOL)

You applied to enter as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

i think it is :

Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.[/b

Yes

mrgsingh

Re: FLR(M) Question 2.3 - Please help

Post by mrgsingh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm

rajasekhar_you wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:Hi

Please help me

Same gender partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

Same-gender partner of a person with temporary leave who is a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection and a biometric immigration document.

Yes No

Or

i think it is :

Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.[/b

Yes

Thanks for your advise What should i fill in 2.3 question

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:13 pm

it says :

so i have not filled in 2.3 and gone to section 3 .

if you read all the options, nothing really matches our criteria.
dependent didnt not complete 33 or 30 months, nor she arrived late, nor she needs time just for LFUK or she entered like fiance.

i would ask the case worker then and there before submitting if i still have a doubt, obviously only when i m going for PEO appointment.