ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saanju9
Member of Standing

If I have done the Biometrics for my previous visa

Post by saanju9 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:43 pm

If I have done my Biometrics done for my previous visa and posted the card with this application, do I still need to do my Biometrics????

Is that going to save me any time

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Jon336 wrote:Thanks Kim and mbna for your prayers. I will pray for a postive result for all of you. Ta
Thanks Jon. On a side note, did you get any money back off your solicitor?

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi guys,I applied on 29th February 2012 and enrolled my biometric on 27th march 2012 so after that there is no reply.I contact with NWCS regarding my application they informed me my application is under process,My 6 months timescale is near to complete on 29th august(next week tuesday) till no good news arrived.My application is straight forward no gaps 6 yeas students 3 years eea national spouse and 1 year retained right of residence.
seniors please advice me what to do?
Many Thanks
SAMEER

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:42 am

mbnarayn wrote:
Jon336 wrote:Thanks Kim and mbna for your prayers. I will pray for a postive result for all of you. Ta
Thanks Jon. On a side note, did you get any money back off your solicitor?
He refunded 3/4 of the fee.
Always optimistic

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 am

sameer2012 wrote:Hi guys,I applied on 29th February 2012 and enrolled my biometric on 27th march 2012 so after that there is no reply.I contact with NWCS regarding my application they informed me my application is under process,My 6 months timescale is near to complete on 29th august(next week tuesday) till no good news arrived.My application is straight forward no gaps 6 yeas students 3 years eea national spouse and 1 year retained right of residence.
Many Thanks
I am not a senior here but I would advise you to contact your MP next week on Wednesday/Thursday.
And secondly there is no straight forward application; each application is complicated in its own ways.
I wish you all the best, this must be quite a stressful time for you espcially as you were expecting to get your passport in a short space of time
Always optimistic

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 am

Jon336 wrote:
sameer2012 wrote:Hi guys,I applied on 29th February 2012 and enrolled my biometric on 27th march 2012 so after that there is no reply.I contact with NWCS regarding my application they informed me my application is under process,My 6 months timescale is near to complete on 29th august(next week tuesday) till no good news arrived.My application is straight forward no gaps 6 yeas students 3 years eea national spouse and 1 year retained right of residence.
Many Thanks
I am not a senior here but I would advise you to contact your MP next week on Wednesday/Thursday.
And secondly there is no straight forward application; each application is complicated in its own ways.
I wish you all the best, this must be quite a stressful time for you espcially as you were expecting to get your passport in a short space of time
thanks jon I already call my MP couple of weeks ago.one of his immigration caseworker advised me to wait till next month september because of summer vacations so i hv to wait till then.
As I have already mentioned above I contacted North west customer services and they told me application is in process they will contact shortly it was on 18th august 2012.till then there is no news.Hope to hear before next wednesday my 6 months timescale will complete on 29th of this month.
hope for the best.
SAMEER

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Many Thanks
Hi Sameer sorry for that, i remember u thought ur passport will come within a short space of time, but u never know what they check,, wait til sept and see whats gonna happen.Did u use a Solicitor or u applied on ur own..Good luck be positive

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:03 pm

kimnjuka wrote:
Many Thanks
Hi Sameer sorry for that, i remember u thought ur passport will come within a short space of time, but u never know what they check,, wait til sept and see whats gonna happen.Did u use a Solicitor or u applied on ur own..Good luck be positive
Thanks for you reply.No I didn't use any solicitor I applied by myself.I hope I should get my passport before 6 months.Thanks guys
SAMEER

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:08 pm

This thread could really do with a steady stream of some good news. Things appear to be stagnant with March applications.

glenrock12
Newly Registered

ILR (10 years long Resident )

Post by glenrock12 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:17 am

HERE IS MY ILR TIME LINE: almost 9 years Student 2 years PSW

APPLICATION SENT :07/03/12 (through a solicitor)

BIOMETRIC DONE :17/04/12

APPROVED ILR :17/08/12

BIOMETRIC CARD RECEIVED :21/08/12

PASSPORT RECEIVED : 23/08/12

P.S: Would like to thank people who works for the forum & the people who give the informations .GREAT PHENOMENAL PEOPLE . Hope everyone will receive their ILR soon .BEST OF LUCK
Last edited by glenrock12 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kimnjuka

Re: ILR (10 years long Resident )

Post by kimnjuka » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:48 pm

glenrock12 wrote:HERE IS MY ILR TIME LINE:

APPLICATION SENT :07/03/12 (through a solicitor)

BIOMETRIC DONE :17/04/12

APPROVED ILR :17/08/12

BIOMETRIC CARD RECEIVED :21/08/12

PASSPORT RECEIVED : 23/08/12

P.S: Would like to thank people who works for the forum & the people who give the informations .GREAT PHENOMENAL PEOPLE . Hope everyone will receive their ILR soon .BEST OF LUCK

Congrats ,, u didnt mention the kind of visa's ( the combination of Visa's u had) you had pliz share with us, to insoire others...Good luck God Bless

stoorrey

ILR (10 years long Resident )

Post by stoorrey » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Hello every one!
I know this not a relevant forum to post my query but I don’t know where to post it.

Can anyone kindly help me with these questions?
I am currently on Tier 1 (general)
Visa Expires: 14/05/2013
Dependants:
Wife: Visa Expires: same as mine (came to UK as dependant in Sep 2008)
Child 1: Visa Expires same as mine (Born in UK)
Child 2: New Born, no visa yet: (Born in UK)
My 10 years will be completed on 20/11/2012
I will apply after 20 October for ILR on 10 years basis after 20th November 2012.
My questions are:
• I know my dependants can’t apply with me for ILR on SET (O) but can they apply on FLR(M) form at the same time as me though they have a dependant visa till May 2013.
or they have to wait till the outcome of my case
• If they can’t apply now then when they can apply.
• What will be the immigration status of dependants if they don’t apply at the same time as me?
• If my 10 years case is not decided till the expiry of my Tier 1 visa, do I have to withdraw my application and apply for extension on Tier 1 (General) basis?
• If my case is not decided till my visa expires and I don’t withdraw and afterwards I have a negative outcome, will I be able to apply for extension on Tier 1 basis.
Any more information about my case will be helpful.
Thanks in advance and May God Bless you all.

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 pm

sameer2012 wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:
Many Thanks
Thanks for you reply.No I didn't use any solicitor I applied by myself.I hope I should get my passport before 6 months.Thanks guys
Hi guys finally I have received my passports today with ILR Approval Letter.
My timeline
Applied on 29th February 2012
Biometric enrolled 12 March & 27th March 2012
Passports Received 25 August 2012
Approval Letter Dated 23 August 2012
(6 years student 4 years eea spouse permit) I applied for discretion
They approved it (Normally If you are eea national residence permit then you can only apply for Permanent Residence not ILR on Long residence.
Biometric still to come I hope I should received on Tuesday because Monday is a Bank Holiday.
Many thanks everyone
SAMEER

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: ILR (10 years long Resident )

Post by sufferhead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:06 pm

@ Stoorrey

I don't know much about tier 1 general to ILR, but one thing am 100% definite about is that, once you get your ILR you can register your 2 children as British Citizen straight away if they were born here welther they have leave to remain or not.

As per what your wife can do am not fully sure, but she can apply same time as you on form FLR(M) or wait till you get your ILR and then apply with FLR (M), once her leave to remain is approved she can apply straight for her ILR with SET (M) if she can prove that both of you have married and been together for 5 years here.
nothing united in United Nation.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 am

sameer2012 wrote:
sameer2012 wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:
Many Thanks
My timeline
They approved it (Normally If you are eea national residence permit then you can only apply for Permanent Residence not ILR on Long residence.
Biometric still to come I hope I should received on Tuesday because Monday is a Bank Holiday.
Many thanks everyone
Congrats Sameer, i wonder how u applied for discretion and u didnt use a lawyer ..u must be lucky.. but i knew u deserved to get ur ilr since u divorced with an EU residence and retained 1 year of residence.God Bless am happy for u now the worry and panic is over. :)

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Question about biometrics

Post by liveinhope » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:09 am

What is the general timescale to receive a response from the UKBA , from the date you submitted your biometrics?

I have read on here people saying, its 4-6 weeks? But looking at the people who are successful, I have noticed some applications have taken upto 4 months.

Thank you to all you wonderful people who contribute to this forum.

Snoop
Newly Registered

Post by Snoop » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello Guys/NOG,

I have requested for SAR file to HO, which I would get after around 40 days as they mentioned. I am planning to send my application within a week. Would you suggest me to wait for SAR file to be added to my application and then send. Well, my case is straight forward as there is no rejections, no gaps, been out of the UK only 55 days in last 10 years.

Your response would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Re: Question about biometrics

Post by liveinhope » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 pm

liveinhope wrote:What is the general timescale to receive a response from the UKBA , from the date you submitted your biometrics?

I have read on here people saying, its 4-6 weeks? But looking at the people who are successful, I have noticed some applications have taken upto 4 months.

BTW my timeline is
Applied in Early May 2012
Acknowledgement letter around 15 th May 2012
Nothing heard since.

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:01 pm

liveinhope wrote:What is the general timescale to receive a response from the UKBA , from the date you submitted your biometrics?

hi

Some how it true. My application submission to receiving BMC date is 6 March 2012 - 2 August 2012.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:06 pm

camelot wrote:

hi

Some how it true. My application submission to receiving BMC date is 6 March 2012 - 2 August 2012.

So it took more than 4 months after you submitted the biometrics . I thought that was the case.Thanks

z18runway

Re: ILR Letter Received - BMRP awaited

Post by z18runway » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm

maliimran wrote:Applied for my wife and son for ILR based on 10 year long residence.
Both are my dependents and I was granted ILR on 10 year long residence in Dec 2011.

Wife:
Application = 29th Feb 2012
Acknowledgement = 5th March 2012
Biometric = 23rd March 2012
Documents and Letter = 23rd August (Dated 17th August) 2012
BMRP = Awaited

Son (under 12 years):
Biometric = 20th August (dated 16th August) 2012 [this is not a typo, it was delayed for this long]
Documents returned with Wife's passport but not the passport of my son.
Letter, BMRP and Passpot = AWAITED
so you mean, you and both your wife and child spent 10 years in uk ? or they dependent on your ILR ?

calvin2025
Newly Registered

REFUSED ILR 5MONTHS IT TOOK

Post by calvin2025 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:48 am

I applied for Indefinite Leave to remain SET(O) - 10 Years Legal Stay basics- They refused my application as unspent convictions due to a MINIOR driving offense on 2010 - Driving a motor vehicle with insufficient tyre tread ( Offense code CU30 ) with normally deal with a Fix penalty notice but that time office in charge didn't had any fix patently notice forms with him ( as he said ) he referred to court which fine me 250 pounds with 3 points.

I am married to a british citizen and I am on Spouse visa until 2013 July which again allow me to apply for settlement on grounds of been married for a settle person in UK, but which again arise the same issue.

They have not given me appeal rights as my stay does not effect from the decision, as I have current spouse visa until 2013 July.

Can I appeal as this is a minor traffic offense as even per highway code its stated as a Fix penalty notice to be given for this nature of the driving offenses ,

also i read in immigration rules , caseworker should use his discretionary to overlook 1st minor offense and disregard as per nature of the offense.

how I go around this

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 am

sameer2012 wrote:
sameer2012 wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:
Many Thanks
My timeline
Many thanks everyone

Hi Sameer , i have a query my friend married a Eu and he got 5 years as a EU spouse.He divorced after 3 years and when he informed the HO that they have divorced, he was given another 5 years residency Expiring in 2016.He has already retained 1 year of Residency.They guy came here in 2002 Oct and he was told he cant apply for 10 years Ilr He has to wait til 2016.So how did your work out coz ..pliz help him out ..thanx looking forward to hear from u.

maliimran
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Letter Received - BMRP awaited

Post by maliimran » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:52 am

z18runway wrote:
maliimran wrote:Applied for my wife and son for ILR based on 10 year long residence.
Both are my dependents and I was granted ILR on 10 year long residence in Dec 2011.

Wife:
Biometric = 23rd March 2012
Documents and Letter = 23rd August (Dated 17th August) 2012
BMRP = Awaited

Son (under 12 years):
Biometric = 20th August (dated 16th August) 2012 [this is not a typo, it was delayed for this long]
Documents returned with Wife's passport but not the passport of my son.
Letter, BMRP and Passpot = AWAITED
so you mean, you and both your wife and child spent 10 years in uk ? or they dependent on your ILR ?
Both applied in their own right in two separate applications under same cover letter since first passport is common with son entered on mother's passport.

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 am

Hi

Have you not received your biometrics letter yet?

Regards

liveinhope wrote:

BTW my timeline is
Applied in Early May 2012
Acknowledgement letter around 15 th May 2012
Nothing heard since.