ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application with two Trafic offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehedi14
Newly Registered

ILR application with two Trafic offence

Post by mehedi14 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments earlier regards to my dependent. We are planning to apply for ILR on 7th November 2012.

I just have one more query regarding my traffic offence. Details as follows:

I got my 1st UK full Driving licence on 14-03-2008.

Traffic Offence 1: On 27-10-2008, I was stop by police for driving a car without insurance.

Result: I went to court and was sentenced for 200.00 pound fain and got 6 points. My licence was revoked as because I got 6 points within two years after passing Driving test. So I had to retake my driving test again including theory test and I had to pass both of them.

Traffic Offence 2: I passed my 2nd driving test on 22-07-2009. I got 3 points and 60 pound fain for speeding on 01-05-10. I am still using this licence.

In my current paper copy of driving licence has both traffic offences. Do you think it would be a problem for our ILR application? I believe I have to declare both on the form.

Do you think this offence would stop me to get ILR? If so what other possible option I have?

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks.
Mehedi

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:16 am

for the first offense of driving without insurance, there was no other way for police to deal with you but to send you to the court so I would say you will be fine with that one though it don't get spent until 5 years.

second offense, can be ignored because it was an FPN.

i would advise you to do a PNC Acro check. it only costs £10 pounds but will show you what you have on file. if its on ACRO (the first offense) then you may have a problem.

shru
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application with two Trafic offence

Post by shru » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 pm

mehedi14 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for your comments earlier regards to my dependent. We are planning to apply for ILR on 7th November 2012.

I just have one more query regarding my traffic offence. Details as follows:

I got my 1st UK full Driving licence on 14-03-2008.

Traffic Offence 1: On 27-10-2008, I was stop by police for driving a car without insurance.

Result: I went to court and was sentenced for 200.00 pound fain and got 6 points. My licence was revoked as because I got 6 points within two years after passing Driving test. So I had to retake my driving test again including theory test and I had to pass both of them.

Traffic Offence 2: I passed my 2nd driving test on 22-07-2009. I got 3 points and 60 pound fain for speeding on 01-05-10. I am still using this licence.

In my current paper copy of driving licence has both traffic offences. Do you think it would be a problem for our ILR application? I believe I have to declare both on the form.

Do you think this offence would stop me to get ILR? If so what other possible option I have?

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks.
Mehedi
hi dear have you applied for your ILR and how you did it and have you got ILR please do elt me know as i am also in smae sort of suitation please just confirm you got ILR or not