ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Called for an interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Called for an interview

Post by szandi1990 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Hello guys,

Having fun with UKBA, as they are trying to make the most of it! :) So this time, finally my husband received his COA, and we were invited for an interview to Liverpool in September! Does anyone know what this interview for?

Furthermore, how long more can we expect to wait for this Residence Card, as we are waiting since March!

Thanks,

Sandra

anp

Post by anp » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Can u please qoute the letter that invites you to the interview?
Be good.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm

"At UKBA, we are concerned that our customer service for family members of EEA citizens may not live up to the requirements of European Law. As such we would like to interview you about how we can do better"...
Sorry I was dreaming...

anp

Post by anp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
"At UKBA, we are concerned that our customer service for family members of EEA citizens may not live up to the requirements of European Law. As such we would like to interview you about how we can do better"...
Sorry I was dreaming...
Where is this quote taken from?
Be good.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Joke warning! This is what UKBA should be doing rather than bothering people who are doing applications.

I am very interested in the interview topic tough. This is the first time I have ever heard of an RC applicant being interviewed.

anp

Post by anp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Perhaps it is not the UKBA requesting the interview. I think it is the respective council. It is nowadays common when the couple annouce their intent to get married. If it is UKBA requesting it, it will be beneficial to see the actual text.
Last edited by anp on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be good.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Guys, i will copy the letter here for you, to see what it is. I was quiet surprised by this interview as well, especially that me and my husband living together for 3 years! They might find age difference tricky (we have 10 years of age difference), but I dont think that should be a reason for them! Please feel free to comment!

"I am writing concerning your application for confirmation of your right to reside in the United Kingdom on the basis of your marriage to an EEA National.
In order to consider the matter further, you and your spouse are requested to attend an interview on:
Date: Thursday 20th September 2012
Time: 1.00 pm
Place: 6 Union Street, Liverpool, L3 9AF

Please email NWEUROMARRIAGE@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk returning the reply slip if you have received this via e-mail to confirm that you will attend this interview, or that you will need to arrange an alternative date (if this appointment cannot be kept), no later than 23rd August 2012 - advising whether or not you or your spouse will need an interpreter(s) and what languages(s) they will need to speak.
Please note: Interpreters need to be booked in advance and cannot be requested on the day of the interview. If you do not advise us in advance that you need an interpreter then the interview will be conducted in English.
Failure to reply to this invitation within the given timescales will result in your interview being cancelled and a decision will be made on the basis of the information already provided on your application form which could result in a refusal of your application.
If, after confirming your attendance, you are unable to attend your interview due to illness you will need to inform us as soon as possible and prior to the time of your interview, either by emailing NWEUROMARRIAGE@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or by telephoning 0151 213 4009 and leaving a message on the European Marriage Interview answerphone. In addition, a medical certificate stating the full nature of the illness must be provided no later than 5 days of your interview date.
You may bring a legal representative with you to be present during your interview. You may also bring your own accredited interpreter if you wish. Both your legal representative and interpreter should each provide a letter of introduction.
Please note: Your representative, interpreter and spouse/civil partner will only be admitted to the Home Office building if they accompany you. You should therefore meet your representative and any interpreter at an arranged place outside the Home Office and enter the building together. Your interview will not be deferred to wait for either your representative or interpreter to arrive.
You should attend on time and bring to the interview this letter and any documentation you consider relevant to your application. The information you give will be treated in confidence. However, information may be disclosed to your spouse/civil partner, and/or other government departments or agencies, local authorities, international organisations and other authorised bodies to enable them to carry out their functions.
If not already provided, your spouse is required to bring with them evidence of their continuing employment in the form of a letter from their employer and their last pay slip. Should your spouse/civil partner change his/her employment since making the application, you need to bring evidence of this change to the interview. This should include a letter from their new employer, a pay slip and if wages are paid into a bank account, a bank statement showing the wages being received in the account. If a permanent National Insurance number has been obtained since the application was made evidence of this should be brought to the interview
In addition to the above, you will also need to bring (unless already provided) the following:
• Your and your spouse’s last 6 months bank statements (joint and individual)
• Your last 2 years council tax bills
• Photographs taken during your relationship
• Wedding photographs (if not already supplied)
• Joint utility bills
• Tenancy agreement/mortgage statement
• Your passport/ID card (if not already with the Home Office)

It would be helpful if you could inform us if anyone attending the interview has a disability which would hinder them evacuating the building in the event of an emergency or if anyone attending the interview has special circumstances which would mean taking a break while the interview is in progress. You should make us aware of these in advance by emailing NWEUROMARRIAGE@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
On arrival for the interview this letter should be shown to the officer on duty at the Public Enquiry Office entrance to 6 Union Street who will direct you to the waiting area.
Failure to attend this interview or to notify us within the timescales set out in this letter could result in the refusal of your application."

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Is there anything interesting about your application? Did you marry a few days before making it? Are you living together? ...

Interesting that they have this set up like this. If you decide to go, I believe you can ask for your expenses to be paid for the trip there and back.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:01 pm

well, we married not long ago as the application was made, however we are together for 3 years, and living together since the beginning of our relationship... do you think they are suggesting our marriage is a marriage of convenience? what else can we take there to prove it is not true? what can we even expect on the interview? and how long it takes them to make a decision as we applied in march already? on the day of the interview, they will be over with the 6month! We are going to the interview, because we have no reason not to. We are 100% genuine, so there is nothing to hide.

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Is there anything interesting about your application? Did you marry a few days before making it? Are you living together? ...

Interesting that they have this set up like this. If you decide to go, I believe you can ask for your expenses to be paid for the trip there and back.

tanabrennan
BANNED

Post by tanabrennan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 pm

My advice to you is to attend the interview, they will interviw you and your husband seperately about how you met, your home, families etc. Every document and pictures you hold, you must know what they contain and both of you must not say different answer bcus if you that will be the evidence to fail you. I was at court as a witness for a friend. Even though it was foundout that they are living together and in a good relationship, the HOPO is still telling the judge is a marriage of convinience because of her husband pass immigration history without no evidence from HO that they are not living toger at that day in court, my friend even produce the IS96 that say her husband must live at her address 9mths before wedding. We are still waiting for result from the tribunal. I still wonder what HO mean by marriage of convinience, i thought it should be sham marriage were they never live together or plan to live together. Also wonder what the judge will look at on eea case.

tanabrennan
BANNED

Post by tanabrennan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

My advice to you is to attend the interview, they will interviw you and your husband seperately about how you met, your home, families etc. Every document and pictures you hold, you must know what they contain and both of you must not say different answer bcus if you that will be the evidence to fail you. I was at court as a witness for a friend. Even though it was foundout that they are living together and in a good relationship, the HOPO is still telling the judge is a marriage of convinience because of her husband pass immigration history without no evidence from HO that they are not living toger at that day in court, my friend even produce the IS96 that say her husband must live at her address 9mths before wedding. We are still waiting for result from the tribunal. I still wonder what HO mean by marriage of convinience, i thought it should be sham marriage were they never live together or plan to live together. Also wonder what the judge will look at on eea case.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 pm

There is some case law on marriages of convenience here

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... reece.html

tanabrennan
BANNED

Post by tanabrennan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:There is some case law on marriages of convenience here

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... reece.html
I read this case in January; I don’t think the Home Office has read it. They use IS-Case with no material fact to make it compulsory for spouse of an eea to show that their marriage is not convenience which is not in the eea law. They still do and still will continue doing it.
A marriage to an EEA is an Automatic right to residence not a leave to remain. But they will say it is a marriage of convenience to take away that right, a good loop hole for Home Office to refuse application with no fact or bases.

(A non-EEA spouse who is party to a marriage of convenience has no right to be treated as a family member. A marriage of convenience is a sham marriage undertaken solely for immigration purposes. The couple have no intention from the outset of the marriage of living together as man and wife in a settled and genuine relationship. It is not enough to say that the couple are not living together at any given time; it must be proved that they never lived or intended to live together.)

If this is the case, how can Home Office proved that they never lived or intended to live together. Still they use the IS-Case of Lack of Evidence to refuse applicant.

mobismome

Post by mobismome » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 am

is because of the age gap ie in their eyes but attend the interview and expect numerous questions.

my pal was invited for interview the age gap was 15 years and has applied before as a dependant now as eea spouse.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm

they are ridiculous then! We are living together for 3 years, and all the evidences has been provided towards HO. We are attending the interview, and not scared it at all, as there is nothing to hide! And we know each other well enough!

What do you think when they are going to make a final decision? Because on the date of the interview, the 6 months will be over already! Will they give us a Residence Card on the same day?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm

szandi1990 wrote:they are ridiculous then! We are living together for 3 years, and all the evidences has been provided towards HO. We are attending the interview, and not scared it at all, as there is nothing to hide! And we know each other well enough!

What do you think when they are going to make a final decision? Because on the date of the interview, the 6 months will be over already! Will they give us a Residence Card on the same day?
If you are a genuinely married couple (and I presume you are), you'll be fine.

There are plenty examples of inter-facial marriages, marriages with significant age-differences, etc. None of these factors are going to automatically lead to problems.

Please relax. Don't be angry (just yet), get the interview out of the way. Like you said, you've nothing to hide.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
szandi1990 wrote:they are ridiculous then! We are living together for 3 years, and all the evidences has been provided towards HO. We are attending the interview, and not scared it at all, as there is nothing to hide! And we know each other well enough!

If you are a genuinely married couple (and I presume you are), you'll be fine.

There are plenty examples of inter-facial marriages, marriages with significant age-differences, etc. None of these factors are going to automatically lead to problems.

Please relax. Don't be angry (just yet), get the interview out of the way. Like you said, you've nothing to hide.

that`s what I am going to do. But I am concerned about the waiting time for Residence Card. I mean on the date of the interview, 6 month will be over since we made our application for Residence Card. How long more will it take them to issue one as we would like to travel and I need our passports!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 pm

You should send UKBA a letter (by special delivery) reminding them that they have a maximum of 6 months to issue the RC. And also tell the people interviewing you. Have them write it down!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... on/17/made
(3) On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.

Have UKBA offered to pay for your travel expenses? How many hours will it take you to get there and back? When you are at the interview ask for details of getting all your expenses reimbursed. And keep all related receipts.

eea2june2012
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Interview!

Post by eea2june2012 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:30 pm

szandi1990 wrote:Hello guys,

Having fun with UKBA, as they are trying to make the most of it! :) So this time, finally my husband received his COA, and we were invited for an interview to Liverpool in September! Does anyone know what this interview for?

Furthermore, how long more can we expect to wait for this Residence Card, as we are waiting since March!

Thanks,

Sandra
I am wondering how your interview went and how long it was for. Can you share with as how it went. Thanks and all the best anyways
Last edited by eea2june2012 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Interview!

Post by szandi1990 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 pm

eea2june2012 wrote:
szandi1990 wrote:Hello guys,

Thanks,

Sandra
I am wondering how you interview went and how long it was for. Can you share with as how it went. Thanks and all the best anyways

Hello, interview went really well. We had 40 questions asked from each of us seperately about our relationship. Regarding our wedding, the ceremony, the food, the venue, the witnesses. Our flat where we live together and our hobbies and everyday life questions. We have been told that the reason why we had to do interview is because apart from suspected marriages, the computer selects a few random applications also to be invited for a marriage interview, and our application was picked by the computer. We have been told that we will be fine, and we are going to receive feedback in the next couple of weeks, however they have sent me back my passport, so I could travel back to my home. I hope we will be sorted out soon for the residence card, as it is getting a real headache now.

Good luck to anyone, who is going for interview. Be confident, and look as chilled and happy as you can.

Best wishes,

szandi1990

sidah
Newly Registered

marriage interview eea

Post by sidah » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm

hi i recently get interviewed by this team marriage and i am waiting for the ensswer from theme can you please tell me how many working days we take to get my passport back thanks :D
we get around 95 questions it s was too long and we do some mestake in the interview is that mean i can be refused the residence card thanks you for you help

fahad346

Re: marriage interview eea

Post by fahad346 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

sidah wrote:hi i recently get interviewed by this team marriage and i am waiting for the ensswer from theme can you please tell me how many working days we take to get my passport back thanks :D
we get around 95 questions it s was too long and we do some mestake in the interview is that mean i can be refused the residence card thanks you for you help
Hi Sidah,

You went to liverpool ? :S Maybe it will take 4-8 weeks but obvsly within 6 months time period

What sort of questions did they asked you just a rough idea ? seperately or together ? did they asked for the proofs etc etc ?

wolf123
Newly Registered

Post by wolf123 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:45 am

any questions helpful for interview?
Last edited by wolf123 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

tweety0211

Re: marriage interview eea

Post by tweety0211 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm

sidah wrote:hi i recently get interviewed by this team marriage and i am waiting for the ensswer from theme can you please tell me how many working days we take to get my passport back thanks :D
Hi Sidah

I was wondering whether they gave you questions on paper or you were questioned by an immigration officer? Did you haveto travel o Liverpool or you were interviewed somewhere else? Did they cover the traveling expenses?
Im thinking if they invite my hubby and me, its going to cost us a fortune considering we live more than 600 miles from Liverpool.

tweety0211

Post by tweety0211 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Meant kilometers :D just checjed on train times, it would take us over 10 hra to get to Liverpool.