ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

settlementnow
Newly Registered

My Timeline

Post by settlementnow » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am

Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue) Due to Bank Hol
payment taken out : Waiting (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : Waiting
Biometric letter :waiting
biometric done : waiting
passport/bio card received : waiting

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:08 am

Updated waiting spreadsheet with some recent additions here:
Lets hope for some good news with March Applications.

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

mat88
Newly Registered

Contacting Local MP

Post by mat88 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 pm

i'm very new to this forum and i just would like to ask how do you contact your local MP and what do you write to them?

Do you think i can request some sort of a reference letter from the MP and attach it with my set O application, along with my passports and other required documents?

Your kind assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: Contacting Local MP

Post by NOG » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:45 pm

mat88 wrote:i'm very new to this forum and i just would like to ask how do you contact your local MP and what do you write to them?

Do you think i can request some sort of a reference letter from the MP and attach it with my set O application, along with my passports and other required documents?

Kind Regards
Depends on the reason you require your MP's assistance and proof that it is an absolutely dire station that you need your application expedited.

settlement10year
Newly Registered

ilr 10yr

Post by settlement10year » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I have been watching this thread for a while and found it very helpful. Thank you to those who have been participating.

I applied for ILR 10year route with a combination of visas including student, work permit and visitors. I have no gap in my visas at all and i have only left the UK for 7 days in total.

My timeline is as follows:

Application sent: 29/06/12

Money debited from Acc: 02/07/12

Acknowledgement letter dated: 02/07/12

Ack letter recieved: 05/07/12

Biometric Letter received: 23/08/12

Biometric enrolled: 28/08/12

The waiting continues.......

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:31 pm

mat88 wrote:i'm very new to this forum and i just would like to ask how do you contact your local MP and what do you write to them?

Kind Regards
Sorry matt I am quite busy at work and our computers dint allow socialnetworks. Contacting your MP is actually your right and his/her caseworkers will guide you into how they can help contact UKBA. However you must know that they will not be advocating on your behalf rather than raising a query. You will advise them on where the UKBA made mistakes and then they will raise them to UKBA. Expect a quick reply from UKBA after initial contact. I haven't read through your case yet but I am going to do so tomorrow and I will keep in touch.
Always optimistic

Jon336

Re: UPDATE

Post by Jon336 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 pm

nickpatel2012 wrote:not sure how to start new topic so here is waht i found out today

its been 6 months today for my application i posted mine on 15th march ( today is completion of 24 weeks) they said its 6 calander months so i can call them only after 15th sep and they can acess my file untill than they cannot say anything...

Tier 4 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:Can any one suggest?

A person received Entry clearance at 23 September 2003

Entered in Britain 03 October 2003

Leave valid 24 August 2013

Can he apply long residence or does he need to apply extension in some other category to bridge this gap (24 August 2013 – 03 October 2013) ?
Technically yes, you need to apply for some sort of visa to fill the gap but then one of my friend was in the same situation and his solicitor helped him out with a very good covering letter. but then this was a couple of years ago. things might've changed a lot from a case worker's perspective...So I'd suggest you to seek advice from a professional Immigration lawyer..but then its only my personal opinion....HTH

BTW he did had a suggestion donno if its worth trying...but you can apply for a Student visa and hope for the HO to make a decision delayed for atleast a month or so and then make an application on Long Residence by withdrawing your student application and asking them to forward your passport to the relevant ILR dept...
Thanks for your advice and encouragement, can I just ask how much time was short in your friend case. Is that will be possible to ask him details or the address of lawyer as well? Thanks again
Nick u wanted to know the reason for my refusal, sorry I couldn't get back to u quickly. But I had a thread about my refusal named ILR refusal please Help. I also remember u contributing somehow. If you go back around 23rd July u will find the whole refusal letter and the steps I took plus the lawyers and contacts that were passed on to me.
Always optimistic

Jon336

Re: UPDATE

Post by Jon336 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Jon336 wrote:
nickpatel2012 wrote:not sure how to start new topic so here is waht i found out today

its been 6 months today for my application i posted mine on 15th march ( today is completion of 24 weeks) they said its 6 calander months so i can call them only after 15th sep and they can acess my file untill than they cannot say anything...

Tier 4 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
Technically yes, you need to apply for some sort of visa to fill the gap but then one of my friend was in the same situation and his solicitor helped him out with a very good covering letter. but then this was a couple of years ago. things might've changed a lot from a case worker's perspective...So I'd suggest you to seek advice from a professional Immigration lawyer..but then its only my personal opinion....HTH

BTW he did had a suggestion donno if its worth trying...but you can apply for a Student visa and hope for the HO to make a decision delayed for atleast a month or so and then make an application on Long Residence by withdrawing your student application and asking them to forward your passport to the relevant ILR dept...
Thanks for your advice and encouragement, can I just ask how much time was short in your friend case. Is that will be possible to ask him details or the address of lawyer as well? Thanks again
Nick u wanted to know the reason for my refusal, sorry I couldn't get back to u quickly. But I had a thread about my refusal named ILR refusal please Help. I also remember u contributing somehow. If you go back around 23rd July u will find the whole refusal letter and the steps I took plus the lawyers and contacts that were passed on to me.
Always optimistic

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:37 am

Hey Jon, Not sure if you got yourself confused with the user called Pay who got refused initially.

Matt88 is just some user who thinks a referral from his MP would expedite his initial application. But I am sure this is of no real need and would do nothing to expedite his application.
Jon336 wrote:

Kind Regards
Sorry matt I am quite busy at work and our computers dint allow socialnetworks. Contacting your MP is actually your right and his/her caseworkers will guide you into how they can help contact UKBA. However you must know that they will not be advocating on your behalf rather than raising a query. You will advise them on where the UKBA made mistakes and then they will raise them to UKBA. Expect a quick reply from UKBA after initial contact. I haven't read through your case yet but I am going to do so tomorrow and I will keep in touch.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 am

Tier 4 wrote: Thanks for your advice and encouragement, can I just ask how much time was short in your friend case. Is that will be possible to ask him details or the address of lawyer as well? Thanks again
My mate was 33 days short of his qualifying period but then if he deducted 28 days ...he was still short of 5 days. (hope you know why those 28 days). Apparently his solicitor charged him a mammoth amt of £700 which i suspect is an unfair amount for a 10 yr settlement (As not much of a paper work is needed other than a strong covering letter supporting the application. I shall be PM'ing you the solicitors details in a while as i am unaware of this forum's policies for the fact they've got their own solicitors and probably don't like the idea of me marketing external solicitors.

HTH

hulobilai
Newly Registered

Waiting is over!

Post by hulobilai » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 am

It was my Wife, who got her ILR granted. Thank you all ..and thanks for your support.

Time line
Applied 21/03/12
Money taken 26/03/12
ack rcvd 28/03/12
Biometrics done 20/04/12
ILR stamped 28/08/12

Thus good luck to all..yours is not very far...

A quick question , my son was born here in the UK, he doesnt have any passport as we didnt travel outside the UK, how would we go about his application? Please help! Thanks

XX
Hulobilai

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Damanisshallo wrote: My mate was 33 days short of his qualifying period but then if he deducted 28 days ...he was still short of 5 days. (hope you know why those 28 days). Apparently his solicitor charged him a mammoth amt of £700 which i suspect is an unfair amount for a 10 yr settlement (As not much of a paper work is needed other than a strong covering letter supporting the application. I shall be PM'ing you the solicitors details in a while as i am unaware of this forum's policies for the fact they've got their own solicitors and probably don't like the idea of me marketing external solicitors.

HTH
Thanks again, good to hear some had same condition as mine and got ILR. And you are right about solicitors, different solicitors got different views, plus its very hard to get right info in this forum and other forums as well as every so-called solicitor just want to grab money with wrong information. Not every one needs a solicitor though as I think if some got real knowledge of the matter they should help others rather than being greedy.
Last edited by Tier 4 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N/A

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Waiting is over!

Post by sufferhead » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:02 pm

hulobilai wrote:It was my Wife, who got her ILR granted. Thank you all ..and thanks for your support.

Time line
Applied 21/03/12
Money taken 26/03/12
ack rcvd 28/03/12
Biometrics done 20/04/12
ILR stamped 28/08/12

A quick question , my son was born here in the UK, he doesnt have any passport as we didnt travel outside the UK, how would we go about his application? Please help! Thanks

XX
Hulobilai
Register your son as a British Citizen, then apply for British passport for him afterwards through your wife ILR.
nothing united in United Nation.

hulobilai
Newly Registered

forms for reg as british citizen

Post by hulobilai » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm

hulobilai wrote:
It was my Wife, who got her ILR granted. Thank you all ..and thanks for your support.

Time line
Applied 21/03/12
Money taken 26/03/12
ack rcvd 28/03/12
Biometrics done 20/04/12
ILR stamped 28/08/12

XX
Hulobilai

Register your son as a British Citizen, then apply for British passport for him afterwards through your wife ILR.
----------------------------------------------------

Bit confused with many forms hanging around ( MN1, AN ) , some one also saying you should apply for native passport..blah blah blah..pls help..

harsh83uk
Newly Registered

acknowledgement

Post by harsh83uk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Received my acknowledgement letter today. Now hoping that ILR is processed quickly.
Here is my timeline.

Date of application sent: 22/08/2012
Date on acknowledgement letter: 24/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 31/08/2012
Invite for Biometric: WAITING
Biometric enrollment: WAITING
Approval: WAITING
Return of documents: WAITING

hulobilai
Newly Registered

Pls Help!

Post by hulobilai » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:35 am

Thanks to all for your support whilst we waited for our decision. ILR granted on 28/08/12 , applied 21.03.12

Could someone help with my query pls!

1. Registering children ( who didnt get a passport so far) as British citizen with the support of my Wife's ILR, WHICH FORM I should use? Also what nationality I can mention if asked in the form for the baby? As he/she doesnt have any passport.

2. How long someone may stay outside the UK , visiting family back home, return and apply for Naturalisation- which is after one year from now?

I am sure many friends of this forum has the knowledge to help me out with my questions.

Many thanks!

jbm

Re: Pls Help!

Post by jbm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 am

hulobilai wrote:Thanks to all for your support whilst we waited for our decision. ILR granted on 28/08/12 , applied 21.03.12

Could someone help with my query pls!

1. Registering children ( who didnt get a passport so far) as British citizen with the support of my Wife's ILR, WHICH FORM I should use? Also what nationality I can mention if asked in the form for the baby? As he/she doesnt have any passport.
Congrats hulobilai and everyone got their ILR. i hoping for mine soon as applied on 26 march 2012.

@hulobilai Q1: i sure u use MN1 form to register child as BC . his nationality is still parents nationality until u register him as BC but it doent effect ur child application.
must also read
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/section/1

and
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... de_mn1.pdf

i hope thats help

skrskr

Post by skrskr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 pm

hi guys
i got my passports back on 18th august and ILR approval letter showing 16th august on my 10 year residency status ...but till now i didnt receive my BRP card ..i am bit worried when will it come...on the letter it says i need to wait 10 working days ..which it finished yesterday..anyone like this situation ...shall i call or email.suggestions please

smzai80
Newly Registered

Post by smzai80 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Would you like to let us know when did you apply for ILR and when did register you Biometric if any?

skrskr wrote:hi guys
i got my passports back on 18th august and ILR approval letter showing 16th august on my 10 year residency status ...but till now i didnt receive my BRP card ..i am bit worried when will it come...on the letter it says i need to wait 10 working days ..which it finished yesterday..anyone like this situation ...shall i call or email.suggestions please

toladaniel
Newly Registered

does biometric enrolment invitation mean my appl is ok?

Post by toladaniel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:39 am

I applied under the 14 year rule on the 4th of july.
Acknowledgement letter was received on 14th of August.
I received the Biometric enrollment letter on the 31th August.
completed the Biometric enrolment at the post office on 1st September.
Please can someone advise what happens next? how long more to go?
Does receiving a Biometric enrolment letter mean my application is okay I will be granted ILR?

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: does biometric enrolment invitation mean my appl is ok?

Post by sufferhead » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 am

toladaniel wrote:I applied under the 14 year rule on the 4th of july.
Acknowledgement letter was received on 14th of August.
I received the Biometric enrollment letter on the 31th August.
completed the Biometric enrolment at the post office on 1st September.
Please can someone advise what happens next? how long more to go?
Does receiving a Biometric enrolment letter mean my application is okay I will be granted ILR?

6 months is UKBA standard waiting time, it may be longer depending on enquiries to be made on your case.
You may also like to check on the link below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=55963
nothing united in United Nation.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:30 am

mrgsingh wrote:I have applied SET (O)10 years long residence for myself and FLR (M) for my wife & children at the same time. I have sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue) Due to Bank Hol
payment taken out : Waiting
Acknowledgement letter : Waiting
Biometric letter :waiting
biometric done : waiting
passport/bio card received : waiting

The countdown starts now...hopefully I will get a relief once it’s done….

Hi
I was just wondering whether it is allowed to apply for your wife and children at the same as you even if there visas still have time to expire. I have the same case but I was told that i cannot appy for them at the same time but when you get your ILR then they can apply on FLR(M).

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

a few queries before applying for ILR in 10yr catagory

Post by Haider » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:32 pm

To all who are contributing to this topic:

I am following the post on this topic and finding it very helpful. As I am going to apply for my ILR soon under the same catagory, experiences shared here are inspiring. I nearly spent 10 year in various catagory (student, work) and extended my visa several times. In few occasions, my visa was issued with a later date than the previous one's expiry date. So, there's a gap of days where I didn't have any visa but I had the HO acknowledgement letter saying my application was under process. I also do not have all the letters in possessions. Is this going to be a trouble?

Thanx. Haider

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: a few queries before applying for ILR in 10yr catagory

Post by NOG » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Haider wrote:To all who are contributing to this topic:

I am following the post on this topic and finding it very helpful. As I am going to apply for my ILR soon under the same catagory, experiences shared here are inspiring. I nearly spent 10 year in various catagory (student, work) and extended my visa several times. In few occasions, my visa was issued with a later date than the previous one's expiry date. So, there's a gap of days where I didn't have any visa but I had the HO acknowledgement letter saying my application was under process. I also do not have all the letters in possessions. Is this going to be a trouble?

Thanx. Haider
Request your SAR file from UKBA and it might be worth noting the application raised dates. This will give you clarity if there were any late applications made. Visas issued after expiry of the current visa does not necessarily mean there is a gap, it is the application raised date which is important as far as I am aware.

jai_aus

Applied for ILR on 31.Aug.2012

Post by jai_aus » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,

I have been following this topic for quiet a while to gather information. I have applied my ILR on 31.Aug.2012.

I have been in UK since Sep.2002.

Student: 2002 - 2007
IGS: 2008 - 2009
Tier 1 Dependent: 2009 - Present.

I have lost my first passport which I used to enter the UK but did submit all the copies of all the pages including the blank ones from the first passport except one blank page. I did not realise that I am missing one until I saw the page numbers on the copies.

I did request my SAR and luckily I got the first landing card(2002) and the copies of my passport that they have on file.

I also received all the letters from Home office about approved visa extensions.

I submitted all these documents and hopefully within six months I get the ILR.

I am hopeful that the Homeoffice wont question me about one missing photocopy of the page as they have all my travel history on their system.

Regards