ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question - Singh Ruling

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ruthie

Question - Singh Ruling

Post by ruthie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Gurus,

I've been investigating on Singh ruling for quite a while as I am thinking to go through that route to bring my mother along to UK with me. I am now curious and can't help thinking about the following question,

If I want to go to Ireland with my mom(given I have enough proof of dependency), live with her, exercise Treaty Rights for 6 months, come back to UK with her under Singh ruling, does my mom REALLY need to get an Irish Residence Card (4EUFam as it's called?) before returning to UK? As I know, in Ireland, usually applying for EU1 will take 6 months or more and before it's issued, only a temporary Stamp 4 will be given. For some family reason I am not keen to leave UK for more than 6 months. Can we just come back after working for 6 months, without a Irish Residence Card? Would that cause problem for EEA2 application?

I understand it might not be required by EU law but would holding a residence card of Ireland greatly help applying EEA2 in UK afterwards at all? Or does it acutally not really matter as long as I can prove I've worked there for 6 months?

Hope someone can shed some light on it. Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.

ruthie

Re: Question - Singh Ruling

Post by ruthie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 am

No one has any idea? Or I haven't made my question clear enough?
Really need your help guys :( :?:

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm

ruthie wrote:Hi Gurus,

I've been investigating on Singh ruling for quite a while as I am thinking to go through that route to bring my mother along to UK with me. I am now curious and can't help thinking about the following question,

If I want to go to Ireland with my mom(given I have enough proof of dependency), live with her, exercise Treaty Rights for 6 months, come back to UK with her under Singh ruling, does my mom REALLY need to get an Irish Residence Card (4EUFam as it's called?) before returning to UK? As I know, in Ireland, usually applying for EU1 will take 6 months or more and before it's issued, only a temporary Stamp 4 will be given. For some family reason I am not keen to leave UK for more than 6 months. Can we just come back after working for 6 months, without a Irish Residence Card? Would that cause problem for EEA2 application?

I understand it might not be required by EU law but would holding a residence card of Ireland greatly help applying EEA2 in UK afterwards at all? Or does it acutally not really matter as long as I can prove I've worked there for 6 months?

Hope someone can shed some light on it. Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.
I would suspect that it might be easier for an applicant to apply in the circumstances you described if they had a residence card from another EU country. It's not a must though.

Is your parent dependent on you? This is important to your Irish and subsequent British application.

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: Is your parent dependent on you? This is important to your Irish and subsequent British application.
Thanks EUsmileWEallsmile. Yes, I've been sending back money periodically since 2009 and her utility bills are still on my name. Also I'm the only child of hers. So I think I should have enough proof to show that she is both financially and emotionally dependent on me.