ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Channel Islands

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Srajput
Newly Registered

Travel to Channel Islands

Post by Srajput » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:49 am

Hey guys,

Do my husband finally got his visa granted on Tuesday!!

We are due to be having our Indian ceremony in next few months and obviously as he has an Indian passport we won't be able to go to many places without him requiring a visa. So I was thinking to go somewhere in the UK and found a good deal on the channel islands...guernsey to be precise...would he need a visa to travel there? Or can he travel on his India passport showing he has a visa to stay in the UK?

Thanks for your help :-)

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 pm

......From the govt of Guernsey website "If you have a valid visa for the United Kingdom and Islands, you will not normally be refused entry on arrival unless your circumstances have changed, you gave false information, or you did not tell the entry clearance officer important facts when you applied for your visa"

http://www.gov.gg/doirequireanentryclearance

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Honeymoon query!!

Post by madona587 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 am

Srajput wrote:Hey guys,

Do my husband finally got his visa granted on Tuesday!!

We are due to be having our Indian ceremony in next few months and obviously as he has an Indian passport we won't be able to go to many places without him requiring a visa. So I was thinking to go somewhere in the UK and found a good deal on the channel islands...guernsey to be precise...would he need a visa to travel there? Or can he travel on his India passport showing he has a visa to stay in the UK?

Thanks for your help :-)
What visa your husband got and how long for?

If he has valid UK visa he can travel channel islands (Jersey etc) and there won't be any immigration checks (No need for visa either) since its considered as a domestic flight. Hope this helps.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)