ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: .

Post by sufferhead » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 am

mattd0rg wrote:can someone please explain BRP to me

when I get my passport back can I travel straight away?
or must I wait for my BRP?

hence then when ever I travel I need to show both a passport and BRP???

I'm a little confused
While passport is what you can use to prove your identity, BRP is what you can use to prove your immigration status to UKBA staff at point of entry so wait till you get your BRP.
nothing united in United Nation.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: ILR postal application

Post by sufferhead » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 am

jimmy62196219 wrote:HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Can any one help me ? I applied for ILR under HSMP judicial review on 8th March and received acknowledgement on 12Th March since then I am waiting I have not received any BIO MATRIX appointment

But My wife and me have done biomatrix when we came in this country is that enough or I have to do bio matrix again?

Thanks
You need to contact UKBA. Your Biometric invitation letter may have lost in post.
nothing united in United Nation.

mattd0rg
Newly Registered

Post by mattd0rg » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 am

I was hoping it would be a new passport sticker, now I've got an extra thing to worry about losing when traveling lol

jimmy62196219
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy62196219 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 pm

sufferhead wrote:

Can any one help me ? I applied for ILR under HSMP judicial review on 8th March and received acknowledgement on 12Th March since then I am waiting I have not received any BIO MATRIX appointment

But My wife and me have done biomatrix when we came in this country is that enough or I have to do bio matrix again?

Thanks
You need to contact UKBA. Your Biometric invitation letter may have lost in post.
Which number I need to dial. when i dial general customer service they dont pass any info bcoz they say they dont have any info untill the case is six months old

and why would they invite me again bcoz they did my bio matrix in Paksitan when I got my HSMP

Thanks

MWill

Post by MWill » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Wonder why SET M applications seem to come through quite a bit quicker than SET O? Less complex? SET Ms seem to be coming through in around 4 months at the moment.

stanny359
Newly Registered

BRP - Information

Post by stanny359 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi All,

I notice that some people on here have been able to call UKBA and find out when there request to submit biometric details has been sent out. Please could someone let me know how as when i call the UKBA i just get the standard response off we can't tell you anything till after 6 months. This is a SET(M) application for my wife and stepson. I am a british citizen and quite honestly am disgusted with this process. How do they expect people to just sit around not knowing anything for 6 months. I am pretty sure this would be against some sort of human rights law!!!

Does anybody know if you can upgrade your application once submitted? WE did use the check and send service in Manchester and was told 6-10 weeks when using this service......that is a lie!!!

ok rant over :-)

Neil

sahdi

Re: BRP - Information

Post by sahdi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:30 pm

[quote="stanny359"]Hi All,

I notice that some people on here have been able to call UKBA and find out when there request to submit biometric details has been sent out. Please could someone let me know how as when i call the UKBA i just get the standard response off we can't tell you anything till after 6 months. This is a SET(M) application for my wife and stepson. I am a british citizen and quite honestly am disgusted with this process. How do they expect people to just sit around not knowing anything for 6 months. I am pretty sure this would be against some sort of human rights law!!!

Does anybody know if you can upgrade your application once submitted? WE did use the check and send service in Manchester and was told 6-10 weeks when using this service......that is a lie!!!

I don't think you can upgrade, you can only request docs bk, but no refund!!. My husband applied for set m in march, we didn't receive a biometric letter, so I called in July to query , and they said they apparently sent a letter in April!!!, they resent another letter, and he submitted his on 2nd August . I've also written to my mp, complaining about this awful service, and the fact that our application has been delayed through no fault of our own. He has written to them asking for my husbands application to be completed in a timely manner, so let's see what happens. I'm so annoyed at the fact that applicants are at the mercy of these people!! Its disgraceful!!!
ok rant over :-)

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 pm

jimmy62196219 wrote:
sufferhead wrote:

Thanks
Which number I need to dial. when i dial general customer service they dont pass any info bcoz they say they dont have any info untill the case is six months old

and why would they invite me again bcoz they did my bio matrix in Paksitan when I got my HSMP

Thanks
Hi, you need to press option 4 then option 1 I think for biometric enrolment,

Doesn't matter that you had biometrics in Pakistan, you still have to submit them here again. I woud def call them, my husband applied in march, and we didn't receive a letter either, we called in July, they told us a letter was sent in April!!...it got lost in the post, amazing how many ukba letters go missing!!?... :?

Ebeth
Newly Registered

Post by Ebeth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi, we also used the Manchester service and we were told the same thing, i.e. that it would take no longer than 3 months, but we would probably receive a decision after 2 months. After 2 months we phoned UKBA only to be told this was not the case and we could not progress the application until after 6 months. We were devastated as we would have used the premium service, but we made the postal application based on the information provided by the Manchester office. I asked UKBA if we could upgrade, and they said we could by withdrawing the application and reapplying for the Premium Service, by which time my husband's visa would have expired, and UKBA said this would cause more problems.

Application made on 19 April Set (M) Spouse
Biometrics taken on 22 June
Still waiting ....

nsk
Newly Registered

My ILR (SET-O Time Line

Post by nsk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 am

1. Sent My (SET-O) Application on 15-05-2012
2. Money Taken Out by UKBA ON 23-05-2012
3. Received Biometric Leter on 27-08-2012
4. Waiting for decision.

14-15 Weeks now!

pareshchop
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric letter?

Post by pareshchop » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:21 pm

dadageer wrote:Has anyone who applied in Mid-July 2012 received their Biometric letter?
I am more concerned about SET-O applicants.
I too am in the same boat as you. Applied 16th July, still waiting for the biometrics enrollment invitation. Going by the timelines posted by most people, it could take another couple of months before we recieve it.

I still cant understand how they can do all the checks within a few hours if u pay £600 more but take 6 months to do at normal price. Even more pissed off as I couldnt get PEO appointment despite looking each day if any appointment slot opened up. :(

pedoff22
Newly Registered

Post by pedoff22 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Hey guys!

Finally received the biometrics enrolment letter today! Waited 4 months for that letter can you believe it!? God knows how long I need to wait again for the decision making process after that.

JeanR
Newly Registered

Post by JeanR » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

I was told by the Cambridge Settlement Service that it would take 16 weeks, which was also untrue. And my MP's efforts to expedite my application -- I applied in the first week of June, and had an "urgent professional reason", in fact a great fellowship, that was supposed to begin in France on September 1st -- only resulted in her getting endless long-winded bureaucratic letters reiterating the rules for ILR, which of course she and I both knew. Before that, I had been told by someone at the UKBA that I could apply for naturalization, which turned out not to be true. I was then told to fill out the wrong form -- SET(O) instead of SET (M). It is truly unbelievable how inefficient, unknowledgeable, and above all totally uncaring the people at the UKBA are. As someone here has commented, no organization in the private sector could get away with that level of incompetence. Meanwhile we are all left stewing and fretting and worrying, while the UKBA people award themselves large bonuses that even Parliament has protested are unearned and ought to be returned!!
Ebeth wrote:Hi, we also used the Manchester service and we were told the same thing, i.e. that it would take no longer than 3 months, but we would probably receive a decision after 2 months. After 2 months we phoned UKBA only to be told this was not the case and we could not progress the application until after 6 months. We were devastated as we would have used the premium service, but we made the postal application based on the information provided by the Manchester office. I asked UKBA if we could upgrade, and they said we could by withdrawing the application and reapplying for the Premium Service, by which time my husband's visa would have expired, and UKBA said this would cause more problems.

Application made on 19 April Set (M) Spouse
Biometrics taken on 22 June
Still waiting ....

JeanR
Newly Registered

Re: Effort

Post by JeanR » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:23 pm

I am a journalist who has published in a lot of newspapers and magazines in America, and I definitely intend to try to publish something about the way we (that is, the people on this board who are applying for ILR as spouses, and have been tortured by the long waits and the uncertainty and the absolute indifference of everyone at the UKBA) are treated. So let's try to cooperate on this one. When I finally get my ILR (my whole life has been screwed up by the delays -- family, professional obligations outside the country, a fellowship I won and couldn't take, etc., and I know there are many, many other people who have experienced similar or worse problems because of the long waiting times) I will post something here, soliciting stories. But I feel that even for those who have not experienced specific hardships, just the fact of having to wait so long without any word is a form of mental torture. As another poster on this board says, it is probably a violation of our human rights! I wouldn't be surprised if the blood pressure of every one of us had gone up thanks to the UKBA.
SouthLondon wrote:I know that neither the public, nor politicians are keen to listen to us, but I don't think that should stop us from trying to push. I don't think this is possible as individuals, but if we make it a joint effort we could maybe achieve something.

What about we start a coordinated effort- create standard letters which everybody can forward to their MPs; maybe we can contact a journalist and get those who are most affected (like people who have not seen their relatives for a while, or can't go to World Ironman Champs because of travel controls) to share their stories. I am sure there would be more ideas.

I would be happy to be the coordinator if there is enough support for this.

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystardust » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

dadageer wrote:Has anyone who applied in Mid-July 2012 received their Biometric letter?
Hi Dadageer

My application was received on the 4th of July. I received BRP enrolment info yesterday 30.08.2012. Needless to say there was a spelling error on my first name, rang them this am and was told they will be sending correct info in 15 working days.
So you shouldn't be far off as you are a week after mine. Best of luck!!

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystardust » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 pm

pareshchop wrote:
I too am in the same boat as you. Applied 16th July, still waiting for the biometrics enrollment invitation. Going by the timelines posted by most people, it could take another couple of months before we recieve it.

Hi Pareshchop,

Please see my response Dadageer. Best of luck!!

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
Hi Dadageer

My application was received on the 4th of July. I received BRP enrolment info yesterday 30.08.2012. Needless to say there was a spelling error on my first name, rang them this am and was told they will be sending correct info in 15 working days.

Thanks guys!

I will wait for 2 more weeks before calling them!
My application was received 16th July so going by your timeline for BRP I am still away at least 2 weeks...fingers x

As many of other people have posted here that this is definitely a mental torture that we cannot get any feedback or status whatsoever..I am a Canadian PR as well and they had a pretty decent system of checking the status of your application online...can't believe a country like UK cannot do this!!!
Not all those who wander are lost...

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 pm

pareshchop wrote:

I still cant understand how they can do all the checks within a few hours if u pay £600 more but take 6 months to do at normal price. Even more pissed off as I couldnt get PEO appointment despite looking each day if any appointment slot opened up. :(
You are absolutely right! Just paying £600 more and many people on this forum have got their ILR within few hours! Some of them just waited for an hour and they had their ILR approved...I also tried my best to get a PEO appointment but I was always getting the same shit message that there are no slots available....how come our applications by post are taking this long? I can even take 2 months max but some people here have waited for 6 months..this is ridiculous..same application which they can check and authorize ILR in an hour can take more than 6 months by post...does it make any sense at all?
Not all those who wander are lost...

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 pm

dadageer wrote:
pareshchop wrote:

You are absolutely right! Just paying £600 more and many people on this forum have got their ILR within few hours! Some of them just waited for an hour and they had their ILR approved...I also tried my best to get a PEO appointment but I was always getting the same shit message that there are no slots available....how come our applications by post are taking this long? I can even take 2 months max but some people here have waited for 6 months..this is ridiculous..same application which they can check and authorize ILR in an hour can take more than 6 months by post...does it make any sense at all?

I totally agree with you guys, it doesn't make sense why our applications are taking 6 months to process, when the same cases are being processed within hours!!!...I wander where we can question this...I think this point should be highlighted!!

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:50 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
Hi Dadageer

Applied for ILR for my wife and child dependant as a BC, on the 3rd July, via SCS. No Bio letter yet! :(

dkapan10
Newly Registered

Post by dkapan10 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 am

pareshchop wrote:

I send my application on 3rd July. Ack letter received received on 10th July dated 5th july. I received my biometric letter today dated 20th August! Planning on enrolling on monday!

jimmy62196219
Newly Registered

ILR postal application

Post by jimmy62196219 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:23 am

Hi ALL,

I sent my application SET O Under HSMP Judicial Review Policy

sent on 08/03/12
Acknowledgement by UKBA 12/03/12

since then NO bio matrix letter or no information

Contacted my MP who got me a letter from UKBA saying my case is waiting.

They did my biomatrix when I got entry clearance five year ago 01/04/2007 when I got HSMP then is it not a joke doing it again plus if that is the case I have not even got any Bio matrix invitation letter which I confirmed yeaterday from UKBA bio matrix customer service

You guys are right on premium appointment they decide the case within an hour and more than 6 months on postal application that absoluteness does not make any sense plus no case updates or info......

Can anyone advice me what shall I do my six months will be completed in next 7 days on 08/09/12 and I am waiting for what ???

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 am

Hi all,

Finally got my ilr today (set o ancestry) - total waiting time : 5 months 3 weeks

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Here is my updated status.

This is a SET(M) for Spouse of BC + 1 Child Dependant (combined application)

Submitted Application via SCS : 03 July 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received : 12 July 2012
Payment Taken : 09 July 2012
Biometric Letter Received (child dependant) : 01 September 2012
Biometric Letter Received (spouse) : TBC
Biometrics Processed : TBC
BRP Received : TBC

As you can see from the above update, I have received my child's biometric letter but not my wife's. :(

Oh well, I guess I should be grateful for small mercys. At least it is a step in the right direction!

Will update again as and when.

Thanks! :D

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi! Just thought I would also add my timeline.

HSMP - JR - SET(O)

-----------------------------------------------

HSMP / TIER 1 valid till - Tuesday 26th June 2012

Application posted - Sat 16th June 2012

Application reached - Monday 18th June 2012

Fees debited - Tuesday 19th June 2012 - credit card

Acknowledgement letter received - Sat 23rd June 2012 - dated 19th June 2012

Biometric enrollment letter received - Sat 25th August 2012

Biometric taken at Golders Green Post Office - Tues 28th August 2012 - Cost £19.20

-----------------------------------------------

Waiting for the rest...

Someone posted in another forum that it should take around 12 weeks. His timeline was :

Week 1 - Money deducted and acknowledgement; Week 2-9 - wait; around week 9 biometrics letter received and done then wait; around week 12 approval. His time line correspondences to mine so I am hoping mine will take 12 weeks too (already been 11 weeks), although looking at the time lines at this forum it does not seem to be the case....;o((

My OISC approved immigration advisor friend says it will now take around 3 months more...;o(( Personally, I am hoping it will take another 4-5 weeks ie up to the first week of October which makes it 16 weeks.

Will keep you all updated.