ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to remain, CW asked for extra docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to remain, CW asked for extra docs

Post by imthiyaz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi,
I appeared in person at croydon PEO office on 30th August, my scenario is WP1+WP2+tier1 to ILR.

I have submitted all the required documents, the case worker was insisting to see a letter of employment contract from WP1 employer which i didnt took it. At the end the case worker gave me a letter saying to

"provide the evidence as in the form of letter of employment from WP1 or any other evidence i have from WP1 within 14 days, faling to produce the employment contract your application ofr ILR will be refused under immigration rules 322(9) i.e for not producing the letter from the employer in the 14 days time"

i came home and started looking into various files i had and lucky i found the contract of employment and posted on 30th august with a special delivery, the case worker gave me address label to affix on the enelope while posting the requested letters back.

my worry is i paid a premium service and i am sure the requested letter is reached today to the home office team, not sure if the members knew how much time this will take to consider my ILR and let me know the status on my case.
do they email or ph to update the status of the application, just want to know the waiting times please help.

Mark 1100
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to remain, CW asked for extra docs

Post by Mark 1100 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Well all circumstances varry from person to person. Once the case worker receives it in post it will definately be handled . The likelyhood of getting a response in 2 weeks may not be possible but the good thing is that you were asked a document you had.
so be patient you will be responded to. As you had paid premium it wont take long. I would request you to send out emails after 3 days and if no response you can ask your Mp.
There cases like yours in the forum where Mps had to write and call coz its unfair on your part having paid that amount in excess thinking you will get an instant decision.
Good luck and keep me posted.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Thank you Mark, I start sending few emails and see how it goes, I will keep posted.

brij4134

Re: Indefinite Leave to remain, CW asked for extra docs

Post by brij4134 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm

Did you submit letter from your 1st employer which include all necessary details. (i.e. job position, start date, end date, pay, etc)

Keep posted. Thanks

Brij

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:05 am

Hi brij4134,
Yes the contract of employment stats, the positioin, salary, start date, my signature as acceptance and employment terms and conditions.

The case worker was interested to see the employment contract from WP1 and i dont know why.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:52 am

just spoken to the royal mail to confirm the delivery of my postage, they are unable to confirm the delivery how ever post office confirmed the package went to croydon peo office and dont have details who signed for it.

is this normal?

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:27 am

royal mail called and confirmed the extra docs will be delivered on monday and there was a delay from royal mail.

the waiting time is killing and really painful :(

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:30 am

I have posted my docs to
UK Border Agency
PEO
Extended/SCW Team
1st Floor
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon CR9 2BY

does it mean my case will not be handled by the CW who i saw on the appointment date?

correct me if i am wrong I am guessing my case will be dealt with Extended or senior case worker.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:57 am

imthiyaz,

can you think of any reason why CW would have asked for that document? Mismatch in job title, salary etc?

Also, was there any technical discrepancy between your WP1 and WP2?

On the brighter side, from experiences on this forum, when CW has asked for further documents, the wait time is not as long as a 'further check' or 'postal'. So I would give it another few weeks after they receive it.

Keep your hopes up. Good Luck.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:09 am

when i came on wp1 the employer from time to time asked me work to his clients, my salary was paid by the client and dont know what was the arrangement between employer and his client.
i continued working as i was getting paid by the client.

CW wants to see the letter of contract from WP1 employer says that the emoloyer have stated as a clause saying i will be asked to work for his clients as and when required.

when i found the employemtn contract i can see the clause was made very clear from WP1 employer.

I dont know why the salary was paid by client even though i was at my WP1 employer office , i was issued a p45 from the client when i left the WP1 emploer that time i didnt bother going back and asking to wp1 employer.

now the situation is both wp1 employer and the client companies are dissolved.

when i said above to the CW, CW went to comapnieshouse website and confirmed both dissolved and he insisted that he wants to see a letter of employment contract from WP1 employer. luckly i had it and posted on 30th of Aug, royal mail delayed my post and should be delivered on Monday the 3rd of september.

The letter issued to me by CW cleary states, " in order to consider your matter you need to provide the letter of employment contract from WP1 employer or any other evidense that says you hav been employed by WP1 employer, failing to produce this in 14 days , your application will be refused under immigration rules 322(9)"

now i am just waiting and waiting

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:25 pm

any recommendations please?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 pm

imthiyaz wrote:....

now i am just waiting and waiting

That would still be the best recommendation to you right now.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Imthiyaz,

Just hang in there mate, all will be fine in the end. A relative of mine also experienced a long wait when applying for further leave to remain under HSMP. It is frustrating, but there is no use in stressing. Will include you in our prayers.

Take care.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi, Thank you all for your support.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:55 am

Hi Nirrik,

Sorry to be bug you, do you know what was the approximate wait time for your relative in getting the response from UKBA?

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi All,
Thank you for all you support, i received a call from UKBA on 13th Thursday confirming ILR granted verbally by the case worker.
This after noon i have received all the original paper documents along with the ILR approval letter.

Thank you again for all your support and thank you for the people of immigrationboards.com who are helping to share immigration experiences.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 am

Thank you and big big congratulations for you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 am

I'm sure you're relieved! Congratulations.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm

congrats.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi guys,
Thank you all, yes i am relieved. A big and huge thank you for the greatest almighty without his help i wouldnt have achieved it.