ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my LITUK Test Cert.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kacmac
Newly Registered

Lost my LITUK Test Cert.

Post by kacmac » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:34 am

Hi,

I have passed the life in the UK test last year and used my certificate to apply for ILR.

I need to apply for citizenship and I have list my Life in the UK test certificate, could you advise what need to be done? take the test again or no need?

Thanks,

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Lost my LITUK Test Cert.

Post by mcovet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:39 am

kacmac wrote:Hi,

I have passed the life in the UK test last year and used my certificate to apply for ILR.

I need to apply for citizenship and I have list my Life in the UK test certificate, could you advise what need to be done? take the test again or no need?

Thanks,
contact the test centre which issued it and ask the to reissue a replacement! There may be a charge for that, but you certainly don't need to retake it!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 am

If you already provided the certificate for your settlement application, there is no need to produce it again for naturalisation. Just tick the first box on the relevant question on the form.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 am

Jambo wrote:If you already provided the certificate for your settlement application, there is no need to produce it again for naturalisation. Just tick the first box on the relevant question on the form.
You say that but the lady at the NCS did take the original copy of the certificate from us when we applied for naturalization.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

genorp

Post by genorp » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Sometimes the case worker takes them when ILR is applied for so not everyone has them. I didn't have mine, so the lady at the NCS just called someone and got the test number to put on the application.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 pm

manyaonisland wrote:
Jambo wrote:If you already provided the certificate for your settlement application, there is no need to produce it again for naturalisation. Just tick the first box on the relevant question on the form.
You say that but the lady at the NCS did take the original copy of the certificate from us when we applied for naturalization.
The fact that she took it doesn't mean it is required.

If you passed it already for ILR, you just need to confirm that by checking the relevant box in the form. The actual certificate is not required (but can be submitted if you have it).

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I have been told when I sat for the test that they don't issue another certificate if I lose it.
If you have the certificate number then no need to provide a copy of it, but if you don't know the number or the copy of it then I believe you need to set for the test again.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 pm

guyintheuk wrote:I have been told when I sat for the test that they don't issue another certificate if I lose it.
Correct.
If you have the certificate number then no need to provide a copy of it, but if you don't know the number or the copy of it then I believe you need to set for the test again.
Nope. Just check the first option in the relevant question. No need to provide the number again.