ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business catagory requirement for UK Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pinkpanter

Business catagory requirement for UK Tier 1

Post by pinkpanter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Guys,

I would be grateful if you could guide me. I (permanent residence) and my brother (student visa) wants to start a business in UK. I can arrange £55k and my brother (who is in student visa) can arrange £6k. I want to support my brother for UK Tier 1 visa and happy to transfer money into his account for statement purpose as we want to start a business together. However, He has just completed his Post graduate study in Business from 'A' Trusted college (NOT FROM UNI).

1) My question is can he eligible for this visa providing we can arrange £60k but he is post graduated from the college?? or Shall I support him as a third party. Please advice and would much appreciated.

I just want to add few more information regarding our proposed business. We want to open Subway franchise and need investment of around 170k. Our franchise accept our business plan and currently we are under the process with HSBC for Enterpreneur Finance Loan (government support loan).

2) My second question is as my brother has done his post graduation in Business and hospitality and has 4 years experience at KFC as a store manager. My question is whether SUBWAY@Franchise business is eligible for UK Tier 1(Entrepreneur) visa
Last edited by pinkpanter on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 am

Please can anyone senior or guru advice regarding the above?

a85yousaf
Newly Registered

hi

Post by a85yousaf » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:11 pm

First of all your brother can not go for 50k route. This route is only for people who are already on Post study work visa.However if you get your money from venture capitalist firms regulated by financial service authority then he can apply the entrepreneur visa by showing 50 k .
and yes you can run a franchise business they will accept such business as it is explained in the guidance which is
Franchises
A24. Businesses that are set up as franchises can be accepted for the award of points. You will either be self-employed or employed, depending on how you decide to structure the franchise business, and should provide the appropriate evidence.
I am not an expert i hope this help.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:50 am

thanks a85yousuf,

I think student can also apply from this route providing he/she has access of £50k. Its mention on the guidelines below~:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

Please can anyone experienced confirm me?? :?: