ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply Tier4 in the UK, certificates of qualification problem

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

T-Tyler
Newly Registered

Apply Tier4 in the UK, certificates of qualification problem

Post by T-Tyler » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 pm

I just got my bachelor degree and going to do my master here. I need renew my Tier 4 visa. According to question K3 on Tier 4 application form, I have to submit my certification of qualification. However, I am still waiting for it (I may get this before 20 Oct). But I really need to renew my visa as soon as possible. So I went to my Uni and asked for a letter to prove my graduation. (sealed and stamped) However, there's clause on the Tier 4 Policy Guidance (113 page 21), which stated"We will not accept original provisional certificates".

I am really confused, is my letter a provisional certificates? Then may I use the letter as the certification of qualification?

Thank you sooo much for your help! :)

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 am

As long as your uni confirms that you successfully achieved your qualification and just waiting for your degree that is acceptable. 'Provisional' implies that there is a possibility degree may or may not be awarded if you meet/do not meet certain other condition.

T-Tyler
Newly Registered

Post by T-Tyler » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Deepshithole2010 wrote:As long as your uni confirms that you successfully achieved your qualification and just waiting for your degree that is acceptable. 'Provisional' implies that there is a possibility degree may or may not be awarded if you meet/do not meet certain other condition.
Thank you very much! :D