ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! Guys please help!PSW dependant visa fund maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joelyke
Newly Registered

Urgent! Guys please help!PSW dependant visa fund maintenance

Post by joelyke » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

Hi All,

I am on a Tier 1 (PSW) visa. I wanted to apply for a dependent visa for my wife on Sept 19 and we are getting married on Sept 16, therefore urgent. She will be applying from India.

I have been in the UK since October 2010 ( More than 12 months - First 14 months on Tier 4 and last 9 months on Tier 1 (PSW)).

Regarding the maintenance funds for my wife,

1. Is it ok to show £600 in my name for the last 90 days?
2. Would copies of my visa and BRP card be enough to prove my presence in the UK for more than 12 months?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by joelyke on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 am

Read the policy guidance on PSW dependent before throwing your queries.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ntoffunds/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

If you have got access to internet you should be able to get answer from a more reliable UKBA source than asking forum members.

joelyke
Newly Registered

Post by joelyke » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

I did go through the docs.

1. But, in the policy, they have mentioned that the Tier 1 migrant has to be in the UK for 12 months or more - I am only on Tier 1 for the last 9 months and was on Tier 4 before that. So, was confused if I qualify for just showing £600?

2. And, the policy does not clarify how I can prove that I was here for that period. I guess my visa stamps would do, because there is nothing else.

All these happened because, I was maintaining £1600 just to avoid any confusion as per the first link that you sent, but later I saw that in the second link that they changed it recently to £1800 for just one tier 1 dependent.

Thanks for your time!

coolrd
Newly Registered

Post by coolrd » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:34 pm

The UKBA statements are not very clear to understand..They can mean several things..I realised that you go to find answer of one thing and you come out with several questions from UKBA. Sorry but this is fact.
joelyke wrote:Hi

Thanks for the reply!

I did go through the docs.

1. But, in the policy, they have mentioned that the Tier 1 migrant has to be in the UK for 12 months or more - I am only on Tier 1 for the last 9 months and was on Tier 4 before that. So, was confused if I qualify for just showing £600?

2. And, the policy does not clarify how I can prove that I was here for that period. I guess my visa stamps would do, because there is nothing else.

All these happened because, I was maintaining £1600 just to avoid any confusion as per the first link that you sent, but later I saw that in the second link that they changed it recently to £1800 for just one tier 1 dependent.

Thanks for your time!