ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 pm

mrgsingh wrote:
stoorrey wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:I have applied SET (O)10 years long residence for myself and FLR (M) for my wife & children at the same time. I have sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue) Due to Bank Hol
payment taken out : Waiting
Acknowledgement letter : Waiting
Biometric letter :waiting
biometric done : waiting
passport/bio card received : waiting

The countdown starts now...hopefully I will get a relief once it’s done….

Hi
I was just wondering whether it is allowed to apply for your wife and children at the same as you even if there visas still have time to expire. I have the same case but I was told that i cannot appy for them at the same time but when you get your ILR then they can apply on FLR(M).
Hi “stoorrey”

My wife’s dependant visa is until 3rd Nov and I understand that the HO may take upto 6 months to decide my application for SET (O) and by that time, my wife’s visa will have been expired. This is why I applied my SET (O) and her FLR (M) at the same time with a covering letter explaining the situation and requested them to make a decision on my application FIRST before going on others as they are dependant on me. The money has been taken for both applications and I have also received acknowledgement letters for both applications yesterday. Hopefully everything will be fine.

My timeline is
payment taken out : 30/08/2012 (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : received on 3/09/12 (dated 30/08/2012)
HI mrgsingh
thanks for the reply,
My dependents visas will expire almost 6 months after i apply for ILR so i dont know to apply for them together on FLR(m) or just wait till i get my visa and then apply for them. HO is taking too much time now a days....honestly dont know whats shall i do.

inception
Newly Registered

Post by inception » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 am

My timeline is
Application sent : 25/08/12
Application received by HO :28/08/12

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:56 am

NOG wrote:@Ged, jbm, s_raj11, Snoop - Thank you folks.
Hello,

Could some one please let me know how do i look at the timeline sheet.

Regards

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am

NOG wrote:@Ged, jbm, s_raj11, Snoop - Thank you folks.

Congrats NOG, u have been one of the helpful member on this forum..and ur ILR took the shortest time.. wow..wow u applied on 30th April ...and u got ur ILR ..congrats

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 am

jbm wrote:
NOG wrote:Its DONE!

BRP card arrived today dated 1st September. Applied 30th April 2012.
Not sure whether the documents have been received yet as they must have been sent to another address I specified, will need to check.

Thanks to all, especially a select few on the forum, you know who you are!

The waiting has been one hell of a roller-coaster ride and I plan to drink myself to death today. See you in the naturalisation forum in a year's time.
Congrats NOG great news. my B card arrived today aswell dated 01 sept 2012 .

Congrats Jbm and NOG ..its time to enjoy yuor freedom and travell round the world heheehehe GOD Bless ya all

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks kimnjuka. Quite surprised myself that it took 18 weeks for my application. Hope this follows for all waiting.

@s_raj11, Mate I will PM you on how to edit the excel file. I assume this is what you mean? If you simply want to look at it, the URL is:

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:18 am

NOG wrote:Thanks kimnjuka. Quite surprised myself that it took 18 weeks for my application. Hope this follows for all waiting.

@s_raj11, Mate I will PM you on how to edit the excel file. I assume this is what you mean? If you simply want to look at it, the URL is:

Thanks NOG for your quick response as usual. I tried clicking the link but it says web page cannot be displayed. So i thought will seek help from some one. I dont need to edit but look at the time line.

Regards

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 am

NOG wrote:Thanks kimnjuka. Quite surprised myself that it took 18 weeks for my application. Hope this follows for all waiting.

Hi NOG,

Congratulations and also thanks very much for all the good work in keeping the spreadsheet up to date and clean. Can I please ask what documents you sent in with your application? Can you think of something that you sent which may have accelerated the processing of your ILR?

Also would you still be updating the spreadsheet further or would you like me to take over?

Kind regards

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:34 am

@mbnarayn, many thanks mate.
For my application I sent the following documents -

My 3 passports,
LIUK test result,
A spreadsheet detailing all absences and corresponding reasons for the absences,
A copy of "CID Search Summary Report" from my SAR file which basically shows the "application raised dates" that all my previous visa extensions were made in time (prior to current visas expiring).

I am happy to continue to update the waiting times spreadsheet for a few weeks and then if you wish you can take over as I plan to go abroad for a while.

ak145m
BANNED

Re: ILR

Post by ak145m » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

Alhamdulillah mate, congrats.
alambiomedeng wrote:Hi all,
with THE GRACE OF Almighty Allah i have received my passport today with approval letter, my timeline is

application date: 22/03/2012
Acknowledgement date: 28/03/12
Bio letter/enrollment date:11/04/2012 and 15/04/12
Passport received with approval letter and supporting docs:05/09/2012
Biometric card: waiting

i will soon update once i received my b/card. thanks million to this site and members of this site who help and pray for each other.No doubt the guidance and advice you all get from senior help a lot to achieved end result.
Wish you all very best of luck.

** Could some one pls update my information in the sky time line.

Once again thanks to everyone.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:57 pm

stoorrey wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:
stoorrey wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:I have applied SET (O)10 years long residence for myself and FLR (M) for my wife & children at the same time. I have sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

My timeline is
payment taken out : Waiting
Acknowledgement letter : Waiting

The countdown starts now...hopefully I will get a relief once it’s done….

Hi
I was just wondering whether it is allowed to apply for your wife and children at the same as you even if there visas still have time to expire. I have the same case but I was told that i cannot appy for them at the same time but when you get your ILR then they can apply on FLR(M).
Hi “stoorrey”

My wife’s dependant visa is until 3rd Nov and I understand that the HO may take upto 6 months to decide my application for SET (O) and by that time, my wife’s visa will have been expired. This is why I applied my SET (O) and her FLR (M) at the same time with a covering letter explaining the situation and requested them to make a decision on my application FIRST before going on others as they are dependant on me. The money has been taken for both applications and I have also received acknowledgement letters for both applications yesterday. Hopefully everything will be fine.

My timeline is
HI mrgsingh
thanks for the reply,
My dependents visas will expire almost 6 months after i apply for ILR so i dont know to apply for them together on FLR(m) or just wait till i get my visa and then apply for them. HO is taking too much time now a days....honestly dont know whats shall i do.
Hi Stoorrey

If you believe that you will get a decision on your application before your spouse’s visa expires then I would wait. Just apply visa for yourself and once you get yours then you can apply for your spouse. However if you don’t get it back on time then you can send FLR(M) application with a covering letter explaining the situation. Hope it helps.

settlementnow
Newly Registered

My Timeline

Post by settlementnow » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 pm

payment taken out : 01/09/12
Acknowledgement letter : 03/09/12

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:11 pm

mrgsingh wrote:
stoorrey wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:
stoorrey wrote:

Hi
Hi “stoorrey”

My timeline is
HI mrgsingh
thanks for the reply,
Hi Stoorrey

If you believe that you will get a decision on your application before your spouse’s visa expires then I would wait. Just apply visa for yourself and once you get yours then you can apply for your spouse. However if you don’t get it back on time then you can send FLR(M) application with a covering letter explaining the situation. Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot mrgsingh......i think i shall do as you said. Looking like thats a better option for me, if i dont get the decision on time i will apply then for the dependents and like you said explain it in a covering letter. thanks

ONE-DAY
Newly Registered

I am getting distraught

Post by ONE-DAY » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 pm

I am really happy for all the good news and I wish you all best of luck in all your endeavours. Could someone please advice me on what to do as my application's taking sometime. I applied on the 13th of March -with biometric done on the 9th of May- and yet no news. It's a bit understandable as my case is a bit complex but could I do anything to speed up the process. I will appreciate any advice. It's taking so long.

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: I am getting distraught

Post by NOG » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am

ONE-DAY wrote:I am really happy for all the good news and I wish you all best of luck in all your endeavours. Could someone please advice me on what to do as my application's taking sometime. I applied on the 13th of March -with biometric done on the 9th of May- and yet no news. It's a bit understandable as my case is a bit complex but could I do anything to speed up the process. I will appreciate any advice. It's taking so long.
ONE-DAY, it is unfortunate and unfair how UKBA operate. I applied on April 30th and received my BRP a couple of days back. Unfortunately, I do not think anything can be done to expedite an application unless there is an emergency/medical reason to travel and you have requested your local MP's intervention. This could however go two ways, UKBA asking you to "withdraw" the application and on the rare occasion actually processing your case faster. It might perhaps be beneficial to call UKBA and inquire since your application has now been pending for over 25 weeks.

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks NOG.

Just speculating here, maybe making the UKBA aware that you had applied for your SAR by enclosing the CID Search Report helped the caseworker to find your files quickly. Of-course I may be wrong.

In my case I applied for my SAR last year and received all the details then, but I did not include any evidence of my SAR this time with my application.

Many thanks
NOG wrote:@mbnarayn, many thanks mate.
For my application I sent the following documents -

My 3 passports,
LIUK test result,
A spreadsheet detailing all absences and corresponding reasons for the absences,
A copy of "CID Search Summary Report" from my SAR file which basically shows the "application raised dates" that all my previous visa extensions were made in time (prior to current visas expiring).

I am happy to continue to update the waiting times spreadsheet for a few weeks and then if you wish you can take over as I plan to go abroad for a while.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 pm

@mbnarayn, never know mate, anything is possible with the UKBA. Anything.

alambiomedeng
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by alambiomedeng » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Hello everyone,

By the grace of god i received BRP card yesterday dated 03/09/12. Just to let you guys know i had gap in my 10 yrs residency back in 2009 due to picture , my application was invalid and returned to me after my visa expired. i resend fresh application after 4 days and visa was granted. Total gap was 14 days.. I applied through solicitor , he suggested not to apply for SAR file and didn't mention in the application regarding GAP. I don't know why. At the end it payed off. Thanks for the lovely people for this forum it was great and immense moral support that i got from it. Good luck to everyone u all will get it soon.

Could someone pls edith my information in the sky line.

Thanks again for the support.

stoorrey

Set (o) form error on page 7

Post by stoorrey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:46 pm

On SET (O) form version 07/12 if you look at the top right hand corner of Page 7, you will see version 04/12 instead of version 07/12, though on the bottom of the page its correct as version 07/12.
I was just wondering whether it will make a problem if I apply for my ILR on this form. Shall I apply using this version or wait until they correct this error.
Your help is much appreciated.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Ged

Post by Ged » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:32 am

Hi alambiomedeng.
Congratulations for your success with ILR.
Regarding the 14 days gap you mentioned, can you clarify it a little bit please? As far as I know, after an application is returned as invalid, due to a picture or a payment issue like yours, the UKBA gives 10 days to fix the reason of the rejection and reapply. How did you count this 14 days? Was it 14 days after your previous visa expired, or was it 14 days after the rejection decision (due to section 3C) or in any other way?

let_koko

CCJ

Post by let_koko » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello guys
Am just a bit worried about my application as i just discovered that i did not declare some info in the application which i ought to have, but out of ignorance. In Page 15, it says "Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the
UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?" I ticked No because i did not realize that a CCJ is a civil judgement and CCJ was made against me in July 2010

My questions are
1) Should I write to them and explain why I ticked No and also, should I print page 15 and fill it out with the correct info of the CCJ and asked them to insert the new one into the right page

2)Which of the address should i write to ? Liverpool or Croydon ?

3) What implication would a CCJ has on my application if declared or not declare ?
Thanks guys for your usual help, Appreciate

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Set (o) form error on page 7

Post by saanju9 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am

stoorrey wrote:On SET (O) form version 07/12 if you look at the top right hand corner of Page 7, you will see version 04/12 instead of version 07/12, though on the bottom of the page its correct as version 07/12.
I was just wondering whether it will make a problem if I apply for my ILR on this form. Shall I apply using this version or wait until they correct this error.
Your help is much appreciated.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
I think its a silly stupid mistake done by HO. Someone is so lazy that they put in a copy of the page from previous version, but forgot to change the version title. Idiot.

However, rest say 07/2012 (Page 1 Title and bottom of the pages), so it shouldn't be a problem.

xx

ak145m
BANNED

SET (O) for 10 yrs long residence

Post by ak145m » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Guys

I will be varying applying from FLR (M) to SET (O) for 10 yrs long residence Visa, I haven't lived more than 45 days away and only left UK on 3 or 4 occasions but I don't have the exact dates except last one as my current and previous passport is currently with UKBA.

I don't want to ask for SAR report either not sure if it will have have left and returned dates but I'll have to wait around 40 days.

Do you know if I leave date left and returned to UK under SECTION 6 - IMMIGRATION HISTORY and attach a cover letter to say please check the dates on the passport you currently hold , will UKBA have any problem with this?

Thanks in Advance.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm

@let_koko, might be worth seeking professional help with it. I see from the timeline that you are 5 weeks into your application. It is likely that any correspondence sent will be picked up by UKBA since you have not enrolled your biometric information just as yet, however, I personally think it would be beneficial to seek legal advice on just what information needs to be sent to UKBA.

Yulichka
Newly Registered

10 years long residence SET (O) waiting times

Post by Yulichka » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to make my contribution to the waiting time stats.
Applied for ILR 10 year residency on 28/05/2012 on the basis of 6year student visa + 2year PSW + 2year partner visa.
Got acknowledgement letter on 06/06/12
Biometric letter 09/08/12
Submitted biometrics 18/08/12
Keeping my fingers crossed and very impatiently waiting.