ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Referees Signed 1 month before submission date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobobo

Form AN - Referees Signed 1 month before submission date

Post by bobobo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 am

Hi Guys - Just need to check a few things to make sure I am on the right track.
1. My referees are both British Citizens, professionals. However one of them signed my form 1 month prior to submission and the other one 3 days prior to the submission date, would this be a problem in any way, does the referee signature need to be within a set timeframe.
2. What date do I put on the form, I have completed and signed the form 3 days prior to submission date (I am eligible to apply for BC on 21 Sep but the fom is signed and dated 18th Sep) would this be a problem? should this date be the date I physically apply at NCS?

thanks a ton for your help on this.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Form AN - Referees Signed 1 month before submission date

Post by ric1982 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 am

bobobo wrote:Hi Guys - Just need to check a few things to make sure I am on the right track.
1. My referees are both British Citizens, professionals. However one of them signed my form 1 month prior to submission and the other one 3 days prior to the submission date, would this be a problem in any way, does the referee signature need to be within a set timeframe.
2. What date do I put on the form, I have completed and signed the form 3 days prior to submission date (I am eligible to apply for BC on 21 Sep but the fom is signed and dated 18th Sep) would this be a problem? should this date be the date I physically apply at NCS?

thanks a ton for your help on this.
Dont think one month is an issue but I would like to know max how old the reference signature is valid?

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 pm

In one of the casework instruction chapters it clearly says that if euther the applicant's declaration (signature date) or referee's signature are over 6 months old, they may ask to redeclare/resign as circumstances may have changed so 6 months is the cut off date, which in almost all cases should not be a problem as people apply within a month or two of either referee's signature! I will try to get the chapter number but 6 months is definitely the limit.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:13 pm

See similar question from yesterday - When can a referee sign my form AN - can it be early?.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks for the help guys.
Jambo wrote:See similar question from yesterday - When can a referee sign my form AN - can it be early?.