ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advise needed on maintainance fund in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolrd
Newly Registered

Urgent advise needed on maintainance fund in India

Post by coolrd » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi
I am working on PSW visa since July 2012. My wife is going to apply for dependant visa on my PSW visa in India. How much money in INR she would need to show in her Indian account and for how long that particular amount needs to be held in the account?
Do I also need to maintain £600 for 3 month (for her) here in UK?
Waiting for reply!
Thanks
[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:25 pm

You wife can show maintenance from your account, or her account, or a joint account. If you are using an account that is not in the UK, you need to show the Sterling-equivalent of the required sum held for the required period. You already know the required sum in Sterling and the required period, as you have stated this in your question. So, now all you need to do is make sure that you have held the Sterling equivalent sum, converted using the OANDA exchange rate at the time the application is submitted.

A more detailed explanation of this is available in the guidance.

coolrd
Newly Registered

Post by coolrd » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.
Lucapooka wrote:You wife can show maintenance from your account, or her account, or a joint account. If you are using an account that is not in the UK, you need to show the Sterling-equivalent of the required sum held for the required period. You already know the required sum in Sterling and the required period, as you have stated this in your question. So, now all you need to do is make sure that you have held the Sterling equivalent sum, converted using the OANDA exchange rate at the time the application is submitted.

A more detailed explanation of this is available in the guidance.