Question on Passport Application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation
aprilclub

Question on Passport Application form

Post by aprilclub »

Hi everyone

I have just got the citizenship approval for me and my daughter (Indian Citizen, 5yrs+ 1 yr ILR)

I am filling up the passport application form and have a few questions. Apologies if these have been asked before, I could find the answers

Section 4

1. It asks for grandfathers detaills. Is it necessary for us (i.e those who are notn claiming via ancestry)

2. Ask for my parents date of maariage. Is it necessary. I know the year, but not the exact date; and doubt if there are any records back in India

Section 10

3. Can my NHS Surgery doctor be the countersignatory? He knows us professionally for 6 years, but not personally

Please help

Regards
genorp

Post by genorp »

1 and 2, read the booklet that comes with the passport application. There is a chart that says which parts you need to fill in depending on your situation, e.g. parents and grandparents sections are listed in the chart with either a check or X.

3, yes if the doctor is willing to countersign.
aprilclub

Post by aprilclub »

genorp wrote:1 and 2, read the booklet that comes with the passport application. There is a chart that says which parts you need to fill in depending on your situation, e.g. parents and grandparents sections are listed in the chart with either a check or X.
Actually the table/chart you refer to concerns the supporting documents that are needed to be sent; not about the informations about grandparents or marriage date of parents. As I read it, these info are to be provided in all cases where the parents are born out of UK.

So can someone please clarify if it is mandatory to provide the details about the grand parents ( and how on earth will they check anything - thats details of birth in India 120 years ago)
jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk »

aprilclub wrote: As I read it, these info are to be provided in all cases where the parents are born out of UK.

So can someone please clarify if it is mandatory to provide the details about the grand parents ( and how on earth will they check anything - thats details of birth in India 120 years ago)
As you pointed out yourself, that information is required. I have submitted that on a separate sheet, as the space provided is not sufficient.

At my interview I was asked to confirm names, dates and places of birth for both of my parents, but not the date of their marriage [or subsequent divorce], nor any information about grandparents.
noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Question on Passport Application form

Post by noble72uk »

aprilclub wrote:Hi everyone

I have just got the citizenship approval for me and my daughter (Indian Citizen, 5yrs+ 1 yr ILR)

I am filling up the passport application form and have a few questions. Apologies if these have been asked before, I could find the answers

Section 4

1. It asks for grandfathers detaills. Is it necessary for us (i.e those who are notn claiming via ancestry) No need to fill it .Even some people at the post office will ask you to do it, just change a post office as I did.

2. Ask for my parents date of maariage. Is it necessary. I know the year, but not the exact date; and doubt if there are any records back in India. Fill in the year and go to section 8 More information/ write: Parent's day and month of marriage not known
Section 10

3. Can my NHS Surgery doctor be the countersignatory? He knows us professionally for 6 years, but not personally Yes

Please help

Regards