ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card on A4 Sheet of Paper

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Some improvement:

A PR confirmation for non EEA was placed in the blue "wallet".

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 216#704216

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Jambo wrote:Some improvement:

A PR confirmation for non EEA was placed in the blue "wallet".

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 216#704216
Jambo, thanks for posting this link.

This is great and very sensible. Let's hope that this becomes the norm.

anp

Post by anp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:13 pm

UK RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION FOR A NATIONAL OF AN EEA STATE

Page 1

Page 6

PR is attached on page 4 (when opened). Page 2 asks for signature of the holder, page 3 Emergency contact, page 5 UKBA Sheffield return address if found.
Last edited by anp on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Be good.

anp

Post by anp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Jambo wrote:
chokedup wrote:On ukba website it says visa vignette transfer is 100 pound dont know what exactly would they do
The fee is for visa under the UK domestic immigration rules not EEA "visa". The only way to transfer a EEA visa is to make a new application.
God forbid if one's passport is lost or stolen. Anyone else finds this soooo inconvenient? Is there no other way around it other than a new application which could take ages?
Be good.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Residence Card on A4 Sheet of Paper

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:21 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Was your residence card issued on a sheet of paper (aka immigration status document)?

Has it inconvenienced you in any way?
Perhaps you found it difficult to travel to other EU countries?
Perhaps you had to fold it up to make it fit with your travel documents?

If so, have you complained? Remember, a "complaint" can lead to improvements.

There's a very simple remedy. The UKBA could affix the vignette to the blue cardboard document similar to the one that they use for EEA nationals. While cheap and nasty, it really does the job, it can be folded over into a nice little booklet. The vignette's protected and it's portable.

The blue card even helpfully states that the document is issued pursuant to Directive 2004/38/EC. That can be dead useful when traveling to other EU states.

Sometimes, it's the really simple things that make the difference.

If you're affected, why don't you complain? You've nothing to lose.
@ANP, thanks for posting the picture. Just to clarify, the cardboard is reasonably robust and is far better than an A4 piece of paper.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:54 am

Hi,
Has anyone experienced any problem while travelling with EEA residence card on Immigration status document ? I am travelling in January that is why I wonder about it. Secondly can we fold A4 size paper without damaging the RC sticker on it just to make it portable ?
thanks

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:23 am

horizon1985 wrote:Hi,
Has anyone experienced any problem while travelling with EEA residence card on Immigration status document ? I am travelling in January that is why I wonder about it. Secondly can we fold A4 size paper without damaging the RC sticker on it just to make it portable ?
thanks
I have only used mine to re-enter once, but no problem in that case. The ISD I got in October was clearly designed to be folded into a booklet, and even had guide lines indicating where to fold it, which I did.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 pm

GMB wrote:
thanks
I have only used mine to re-enter once, but no problem in that case. The ISD I got in October was clearly designed to be folded into a booklet, and even had guide lines indicating where to fold it, which I did.
Thanks for your reply. You mean the dotted lines which divide A4 paper in to 4 section/ boxes ?

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm

horizon1985 wrote:
GMB wrote:
thanks
Thanks for your reply. You mean the dotted lines which divide A4 paper in to 4 section/ boxes ?
Yes. It folds along those lines into an A6-sized booklet.

nobodysperfect

Post by nobodysperfect » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Page 20 Says- You should note that Immigration Status Documents are being replaced by Biometric Residence
Permits from 2012 and they will be issued within the UK to anyone from outside the EEA
granted leave for more than six months. There will however still be Immigration Status Documents
in circulation.

Does that mean the new EEA 2 applicants who are still waiting for the RC but have their passports returned on request will get a biometric card? Anyone got any biometric cards this year?

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Well i find it annoying because it is unconventional and many different people that you have to deal with,mostly with no common sense, will ask alot of questions about this matter. I applied with a valid passport for eea2, i havent asked for the pass and didnt make a singke phone call to the HO. I have tomsay imdid get the RC in 6 weeks but on an a4 sheet! Why? Is it more expensive just to glue the Rc to the pass? Cant see the logic behind this. Its just, inconvinient. As if the HO is telling me well we will give u the rc quickly but gomsuffer for another 5 yrs. but thats my own personal view.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:08 pm

I would complain if I were you. Presumably you were charged £55 for the privilege?

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:46 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I would complain if I were you. Presumably you were charged £55 for the privilege?
Ofcourse i was charged. Complain and then what? Nothing will change and nothing will happen.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:54 am

nemerkh wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I would complain if I were you. Presumably you were charged £55 for the privilege?
Ofcourse i was charged. Complain and then what? Nothing will change and nothing will happen.
If you already have decided nothing will change, then it is very unlikely that anything will change. I suspect this sort of thing is nothing for you.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:51 pm

I understand your reverse psychology :) however, we waited for around 2 yrs for this and i wouldnt risk sendng my stuff to HO unless i have to.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:34 pm

nemerkh wrote:
Letting off a little steam by posting is fine if that helps you. It won't get your residence card into a passport. You have the opportunity to do something about it. If you chose not to that's your prerogative. Best of luck.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 pm

So complain, spend another fee on the application and put your and your familys holidays on hold just to get the sticker in the passport rather than having it on a piece of paper?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:02 am

nemerkh wrote:So complain, spend another fee on the application and put your and your familys holidays on hold just to get the sticker in the passport rather than having it on a piece of paper?
I think you've missed the point entirely. Who said you'd have to pay another fee? You have the opportunity to do something about this. It's over to you.