ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Expired While Waiting fr the Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

poshah
Newly Registered

Visa Expired While Waiting fr the Extension

Post by poshah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi All, I have already applied for the tier1 visa extension via post (from UK). My current visa expires in Oct, and looking at the speed with which UKBA is processing the applications, I am wondering that by the time I get my extension, my current visa may have already expired.

Can you pl let me know if this will be an issue- ie while waiting for the results of the extension my visa expires...I believe I can still continue to stay and work in UK while I wait for the result of the extension?

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

You will be having the same status until a deicision is made on your visa application

Can work and live in UK as normal

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Your status remain the same while your application is being considered for your extension.

You are allowed to live and work in UK until the outcome of your application.

All the best

rk_simh
Newly Registered

Post by rk_simh » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:12 pm

sit back and relax, you are a valid UK Work permit employee, until UKBA decision.

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

hi all, I know the UKBA shows they are processing bio given before 10th July....it is stuck there since 2 weeks..is the processing been really slow this year ?? its like they are taking close to 5 months to process an extension?

Is there anything one can do other than wait?