ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Biometric card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bhaskaroy
Newly Registered

ILR Biometric card

Post by bhaskaroy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi Team,

Has anyone recently received ILR on Biometric Card? I have received my card yesterday and wanted to clarify 1 thing.

On the front side of the Card says -

Remarks: INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN
Type of Permit: SETTLEMENT
Date of Issue: 05/09/2012
Valid Until: 05/09/2022

My question is - why they have mentioned valid until till 2022? I was under the impression that ILR doesn't have any end date. Does that mean that after 2022, again I need to apply for extension or this means something else.

If anyone can answer the above question, that would be great.

Kind Regards,
Bhaskar Roy

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 pm

It means that in 2022, assuming you have not naturalized as a British citizen by then, you will need to renew your biometric card much like you might renew a passport or driving licence photocard. You do not need to apply for an extension since indefinite leave to remain is indefinite.

bhaskaroy
Newly Registered

Post by bhaskaroy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Greenie,

Thank you for your response. Does that mean again I will have to pay in the time of renewal? How much that cost would be?

In the beginning of 2012 few of my colleagues also got ILR [sticker on Passport]. But they do not have VALID UNTIL on their ILR stamp. Is that something new which UKBA has implemented recently?

Kind Regards,
Bhaskar Roy

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Since they have only started issuing BRPs for ilr no one has yet had to renew their permit. I would imagine the cost would be the same as it is to replace a lost or stolen card, which is currently £37 although i am sure this will be higher in 10 years.