ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR fee payment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nmm

ILR fee payment

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:34 am

Hi,

I am applying for ILR next month at Solihull PEO. My question is about paying fee for ILR at PEO.

At the moment half of the funds are in my account and remaing half are in my wife's account. I am going to present my bank account to show maintainance funds, now there are two options to pay ILR fee at PEO. Can senior member please guide what is better way:

1. Pay from my wife's account. I am not sure if PEO will allow to use her (as she is a dependent) account for payment and in case of refusel what could be the option?

2. Second option is to tranfer all money into my account then I will pay the fee from my account. If I go for this option is their a possibility that case worker might get confused and ask questions like what is source of the payment or why I get the money transferred?

As I want to make the case as simple as possible to avoid any confusion, I am wondering which one is simple and stright forward way of making the payment.

Thanks a lot

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 am

you are just making a payment. doesn't matter where it comes from. if your wife is present with you and she can use her card then i can't see any issues.

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for your reply.

Do they ask questions if you get some money other than your employer? (I am full time employee)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 am

not really.

i remember when I sent my first application, my uncle paid so i used his card details. they just want money, end of

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Sorry, I mean if there is a trasaction on the bank statement showing that I have received x000£ from another person (e.g wife), do they ask the reason?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 pm

nmm wrote:Sorry, I mean if there is a trasaction on the bank statement showing that I have received x000£ from another person (e.g wife), do they ask the reason?
No. People can receive payments from different people for all sorts of reasons (standing orders, refunds etc...) & they appear in their bank statements. Besides, your bank statement and the method of payment you use for your application fee are independent of each other.

Don't over-complicate this.

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Maintenance funds and payments

Post by mziyabo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:21 pm

I agree with the previous posts.

1. There is no requirement to show maintenance funds for ILR. As long as you can show that you are employed, you should be ok.

2. You can pay using a credit as well. You don't need to rely on debit card if you are so worried.

Read the application forms carefully and use this resource. I too will be applying for ILR in October and I thank God for this forumn for easing my mind on alot of isssues.