ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-entry with permission to remain

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

k8
Newly Registered

re-entry with permission to remain

Post by k8 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 am

Hi all,
I am a currently applying for permission to remain in Ireland - Can someone tell me if my application is successful, would I have to apply for re-entry visas to go on holiday or leave on business? I am here as a student.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:34 pm

I believe it depends on your nationality which you dont mention. Do you know that the requirements for business permission are quite difficult to meet? especially the sum that needs to be invested!

k8
Newly Registered

Post by k8 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi Joe Soap,
I'm a New Zealander so I know I don't normally require any type of visa for Ireland. I don't know what category I will fit in if I do get permission to remain. Do you mean it can be difficult to get re-entry visas if the purpose of leaving Ireland is on business?
First things first though, at the moment I'm just wondering if the re-entry visa would be something I would need.
Thanks.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:02 pm

You would not require a re-entry visa in any category. Re-entry visas are only required by those who require a visa to visit Ireland.

k8
Newly Registered

Post by k8 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Thanks. One more thing off my mind!