ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tarun123
Newly Registered

PEO appointment

Post by tarun123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:37 am

I am currently under Tier 1 General UK visa holder and my wife is here with me in UK as my dependent on that visa. I applied this visa by post and got this visa on 30th Dec 2010. My and my wife's visa runs out on 30th December 2012 and I just wanted to apply in person (same day service and not through post) for an extension for myself and my wife any day in the first or second week of December.

Moving ahead, I just need to book an appointment for me and my wife somewhere in first/second week of December 2012. Now the thing is when I go online to the UK border website (I have already registered my account) and try to book the appointment, it doesn't show me any dates starting from today till Dec 2012 :(. Furthermore, when I log in to my account on that website, I get a screen mentioning that - "You do not currently have any transactions. You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment.". So I need to know which application are they talking about?!?!

Also, if I ignore this screen and move forward to book an appointment and select "Yes" for the option - " Are you applying using the premium service?", I get to see another help message mentioning that -

"Are you applying using the premium service?
When completing a paper form or uploading an interactive form, we offered you the option to apply in person for same-day service. This is known as premium service. If you chose premium service at that time, answer "yes". Otherwise, answer "no". Please note that you can not now change your previous decision on premium service."

So I just need to know which application are they referring to?!?! I didn't fill up any recent application. I just need to book an appointment in person in any PEO in Croydon, Solihull, Cardiff etc. etc. for me and my wife in Dec 2012.

So please please please suggest? Many thanks.
Last edited by tarun123 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 am

They only release appointments 42 days in advance so you won't be able to get an appointment for December yet.

tarun123
Newly Registered

Post by tarun123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks for that information, Guru. Two questions evolve with this:

1. Why am I not able to see even the appointments from 14th Sept till anytime in Dec even if 42 days rule is there!?!?

2. Regarding the message (when I login to my account)-
When completing a paper form or uploading an interactive form, we offered you the option to apply in person for same-day service. This is known as premium service. If you chose premium service at that time, answer "yes". Otherwise, answer "no". Please note that you can not now change your previous decision on premium service."

...which paper form or interactive form are they talking about?!?!?

Thanks,
Tarun

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

tarun123 wrote:Thanks for that information, Guru. Two questions evolve with this:

1. Why am I not able to see even the appointments from 14th Sept till anytime in Dec even if 42 days rule is there!?!? Because of the huge delay that postal applications are currently experiencing (people who're getting their approvals now are those that applied in end-may/early-june) there is a very high demand for PEO appointments and they run out within 5 mins of the slots opening at 12am 42 days before the appointment day.

2. Regarding the message (when I login to my account)-
When completing a paper form or uploading an interactive form, we offered you the option to apply in person for same-day service. This is known as premium service. If you chose premium service at that time, answer "yes". Otherwise, answer "no". Please note that you can not now change your previous decision on premium service." You need to answer 'Yes' to this question

...which paper form or interactive form are they talking about?!?!?

Thanks,
Tarun

tarun123
Newly Registered

Post by tarun123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks a lot, muhandis.ak.

Regarding my second question, I do answer "yes" always to check for the available booking dates which I am struggling to get till now, but which paper form or interactive form are they referring to? In addition to this, just after I login to my online account and before the screen which asks you for the desired dates, I also see one screen which mentions - "You do not currently have any transactions. You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment."

As you can see, it mentions clearly "...YOU SHOULD NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION....", so I just need to know which application are they referring to?!?!? The only past application I filed was from UK regarding my Tier 1 General UK Visa but that was on 30th Dec 2010!!!

So please suggest?

Once again, I really do appreciate for the time all of you are devoting in answering my questions.

Regards,
Tarun

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:34 pm

tarun123 wrote:Thanks a lot, muhandis.ak.

Regarding my second question, I do answer "yes" always to check for the available booking dates which I am struggling to get till now, but which paper form or interactive form are they referring to? In addition to this, just after I login to my online account and before the screen which asks you for the desired dates, I also see one screen which mentions - "You do not currently have any transactions. You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment."

As mentioned above, appointments are only made available for 42 days in advance so for December (say mid December) you have to login around end of OCT.

New appointments made available at 12:00am (00:00 mid night) and as many people are after them so in just 5-10 minutes they got reserved.

You have to be very quick and ignore any error messages you get just use back button and try search again end when you get some date select and provide details (DOB and name etc) and book it.

So try on this Sunday night 11:59pm, as per my experience they don't come on Friday and Sat night and start from Sunday midnight onward.

tarun123 wrote: As you can see, it mentions clearly "...YOU SHOULD NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION....", so I just need to know which application are they referring to?!?!? The only past application I filed was from UK regarding my Tier 1 General UK Visa but that was on 30th Dec 2010!!!

Ignore this message and go ahead with next step, you don't need to fill interactive form to get appointment.
After you are manage to get appointment then your appointment will show here under transactions.

So please suggest?

Once again, I really do appreciate for the time all of you are devoting in answering my questions.

Regards,
Tarun[/quote]

tarun123
Newly Registered

Post by tarun123 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks for the reply, hsmp505.

Where is the "42 days in advance" clause mentioned on the UK border website? Also, you mentioned to IGNORE the text on the website and don't get me wrong please, I am just not fully ok with this :(...I believe whatever is mentioned on their website is to be followed as a rule book, do you have any friend who has very recently applied for the extension and he/she didn't fill up any interactive/paper form before booking an appointment?

Regards,
Tarun

hsmp505

Tier 1 General Extension PEO only

Post by hsmp505 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:03 pm

This 42 days is not a rule or any instructions, it is what I have experienced and came to know through this forum.

If you try search option here for PEO appointment you would see this 42 days mentioned by most of them, some seniors have also mentioned here.

This text I mentioned you should ignore can be varified again by some of those posts as few other people asked about this.

"YOU SHOULD NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION"

This above text does apply if you are applying by post and you have to use this same online form for just Bio metric appointment as in that case you must have applied before booking appointment and you would need reference number to book. You also select No for question 'Do you need premium appointment?' in first step of this online form instead of Yes which is for in person application.

Hope this clears any confusion.