ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rabia90
Newly Registered

Post by rabia90 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:44 pm

They tend to take longer now don't they, by the looks of other people's timelines on here. it's so nerve wracking! Keep me updated with your process please so I'll have an idea of how long they may take with my husbands application.

laiba85
Newly Registered

Post by laiba85 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 pm

If u applied in june i wouldnt expect a reply till atleast November at the earliest since they seem to be taking the full 24 weeks to reply but doesnt mean that you wont get an earlier response as it does depend on each individual case. I applied 20th june and im not expecting a response till end of November, early december. Good luck everyone

rabia90
Newly Registered

Post by rabia90 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Well I guess you never know because i've noticed by reading through some of the people's timelines on here taking 4 months, there's quite a few actually. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best :)

laiba85
Newly Registered

Post by laiba85 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes rabia you are right it can come at 4 months it depends on each individual case and circumstances. We can only hope and pray that we get earlier responses.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:21 pm

i will do. i'm looking at november now was hoping for mid october

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:55 pm

My husband applied similar time and looking at the average timeline of 4 months, we should get a reply by the end of October, Inshallah and good luck everyone.
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

angelkhan

Post by angelkhan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Shazia1104 wrote:My husband applied similar time and looking at the average timeline of 4 months, we should get a reply by the end of October, Inshallah and good luck everyone.
my husband applied on the 22nd ov may nd the processing started on the 2nd ov june its been 15 weeks 2day buh inshallah iv it does take 4 months then inshallah should hear at the end sep or in october inshallah nd yh sme times it does happen b4 four month nd hpe urs does as mine aint at the moment

angelkhan

HEY

Post by angelkhan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Shazia1104 wrote:My husband applied similar time and looking at the average timeline of 4 months, we should get a reply by the end of October, Inshallah and good luck everyone.
its been 50 wrking days 4 ur self they count working dats nd the week ends i was confused to b4 i subbmited mine in 22nd ov may nd under process on the 2nd ov june its been 15 weeks nd 75 wrking days nearly 4 months inshallah nxt week buh no reply yt jus hpe i get A REPLY SOON i even have seen a persons visa was granted in 9 normal days mashallah every one is diffrent and has diffrent kismat so wat ever is in ur kismat u will surely get it no matter wat nd the dat ur visa has been writen 2 be granded it wil b no day later or no day b4 so jus wish 4 the best cuz allah makes the write choice 4 us always jus remember that i have a dua i found on the internet for kamyabi
you have to read durood shareef 21 times b4 nd 21 times after it thedua is
HAQ HAQ HAQ BISMILLAH HIRAHEMAN NIRRAHIM YA MUSABBIRU SABBIB YA MUDABBIRU DABBIR YA MUFATTIHU FATTE YA MUSAYIRU YASSIR BI HAQQI LAILAHA ILLA ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULILLAHA SALLOALAHO ALYEHI O SALLIM HPE U GET KAMYABI JUST PUT UR BELIEVE IN THIS WEN READING ND BEFORE U READ IT MAKE NIYAT IN UR HAERT FOR KAMYABI ND Mke DUA AFTER READING THIS INSHALLAH IT WILL WRK ND PLUS FOR MORE BENIFIT READ IT AFTER EVERY NAMAS ND IF NT SO ATLEAST 2 TIMES IN A DAY AS MANY TIMES AS U CAN

Peshawar_khan
Newly Registered

Post by Peshawar_khan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm

ali1122 wrote:
Visa321 wrote:Slaam

My sisters husband submitted his visa on the 9th of March 2012, and its still under process. Its been over 6 months!!

Is there anyone she can contact via telephone or email to make some enquiries as it is now getting ridiculous. 6 months!
ohh..

how many march applicant are still waiting? .....

Aplication submitted : islamabad on 26/03/12
forwarded : 26/03/12
under process at BHC : 10/04/12
Letter for apology : 18/08/2012
RFC : .............Waiting
I am march applicant as well Mr Ali...
Applied on 26/03/2012 at Islamabad.
Still waiting....

Shah12

Re: HI submittGuys, i

Post by Shah12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:20 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Shah12 wrote:
Do you blame them? I think the policies they are implemting are brilliant. Not only are they trying to limit immigration as they rightly should because this country is over-crowded as it is. But they are also ensuring that genuine immigrants come through whereas in the past entire family trees would come through as soon as one person got a VISA.

You knew you would have to wait several months when you applied, you knew there was the possibility of a refusal, even a incorrect refusal and you may have to wait up a year or even more if it goes to court. So why complain now?

I don't get it, why do people complain about how long it takes for a VISA to the Uk as if it's their God given right to have it.

Wait, it's quite clear hundreds of Pakistanis are applying each week, there's only so much a human can do, so wait and you will get your response.
Ok let get this straight, why did Britain join the European Union and sign up to free movement of labour. Joining the EU has meant that unprecedented number of eastern europeans have migrated to britain without a cap. There are nearly double the number of asians and polish people have already out numbered pakistanis or indians. So they haven't done a good job have they. They should have limited all immigration around the fu**ing worl not just outside the EU.

ali1122
Newly Registered

Post by ali1122 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Peshawar_khan wrote:
ali1122 wrote:
Visa321 wrote:Slaam

My sisters husband submitted his visa on the 9th of March 2012, and its still under process. Its been over 6 months!!

Is there anyone she can contact via telephone or email to make some enquiries as it is now getting ridiculous. 6 months!
ohh..

how many march applicant are still waiting? .....

Aplication submitted : islamabad on 26/03/12
forwarded : 26/03/12
under process at BHC : 10/04/12
RFC : .............Waiting
I am march applicant as well Mr Ali...
Applied on 26/03/2012 at Islamabad.
Still waiting....
Dear brother got rfc text tody and visa granted Alhamdulillah

Application submitted : 26/03/12 islamabad (Settlement Fiancée Category)
under process : 10/04/2012
Rfc text : 13/09/12
Passport collected : 13/09/12
Visa : Granted .......

keepfaith
Newly Registered

Re: Fiancée visa Settlement visa

Post by keepfaith » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 pm

ali1122 wrote:got RFc text at 1 o'clock (Pst)
By the Grace of All Mighty Allah (swt)
Visa Granted ...........thanks evry one for duas and moral support
InshAllah rest of the march applicant will be completed in next week

Congratulations! My application was submitted shortly after yours so hopefully not too far off. Please make dua.

sakman

Post by sakman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 pm

keepfaith wrote:

Congratulations! My application was submitted shortly after yours so hopefully not too far off. Please make dua.
ali1122 mentions he applyed for the Settlement Fiancée Category, so this may not require the same sort of processing as the normal spouse visa

akhan47

Congratulations

Post by akhan47 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Congratulations to everyone who got their visas. I am really happy for you all. For those who didn't please be strong and have faith, inshaAllah your time will come soon.

I applied in July and am praying my wife gets her visa before she has our baby in March. Please make dua for me brothers and sisters.

Is it true that they are more relaxed when it comes to visas for women as compared to men? This is a rumour I heard.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

hilal12
Newly Registered

Post by hilal12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Dear brothers and sisters

No doubt that the psychological pressure for those entering their 4-6th month of wait is to say the least challenging.

This 6 month wait is a catch 25. what i mean is that:
It is the official maximum waiting time, so if we forgot that and focused on the target % we let ourselves get carried of. I say that from experience, currently in my 5 th month .
Now the goverment sets targets to work within 1/2 that time for when no unexpected blocks occur. This current delay, as i see, goes against the UKBA is:
1. this event- the olympics was planned years ago !
2. the quantity of referrals that are refused by these so called UKBA officers but then later overturned thru the appeal process is significantly high.

Yes the purposes of recently introduced changes is to ensure genuine immigrants come , however this is not a reasons for very clear lack of efficent organization team of the UKBA.

This country is where it is because its citizen spoke when logic could not explain the behaviours or actions of the goverment.

once i get a response , inshallah i will be sending a complaints letter and urge others to do so too. :)

the last point i wish to make may come across as being a bit of hypocrite, so i apologize in advance.
if some of you can recall the last forum was closed in june 2012 because of 2 main reasons:
1. making comments with quotes, that eventually lead to quotes on top of quotes .i.e. unnecessary use of precious free forum pages.
2. comments where turning into detail psychological /religious ... support. this my brothers and sisters should come from elsewhere as this will lead to excess use of the pages, emotional outburst & testing the patience of the forum supervisors , leading to eventual closure of this forum, God forbid 8)

please remember [b]the aim of this forum [/b]is to specifically give each hope on the current waiting times so please on give a brief update of your time line and also your relevant queried question. :lol:

in the 6 months that i have visited this forum, this is my 2nd post.

keeping each other in prayers.......

Sorry if i have offended anyone.

applied from karachi
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on : 5/04/2012
Application under process at British High Commission on : 20/04/2012
Call for Collection :
Collection made :
Decision :

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Scottishraja wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
Shah12 wrote: UKBA are ridiculous their guide to process times are two months old, says Juy 2012

I'm really tired of waiting, you call this a life having to wait half a year and if your wife is in Europe its a matters of days. Discrimination is what it boils down to
Do you blame them? I think the policies they are implementing are brilliant. Not only are they trying to limit immigration as they rightly should because this country is over-crowded as it is. But they are also ensuring that genuine immigrants come through whereas in the past entire family trees would come through as soon as one person got a VISA.

You knew you would have to wait several months when you applied, you knew there was the possibility of a refusal, even a incorrect refusal and you may have to wait up a year or even more if it goes to court. So why complain now?

I don't get it, why do people complain about how long it takes for a VISA to the Uk as if it's their God given right to have it.

Wait, it's quite clear hundreds of Pakistanis are applying each week, there's only so much a human can do, so wait and you will get your response.
King2be - I always find your comments to be very unhelpful. Can you please keep your prejudices to yourself.

A forum user is correctly pointing out that the UKBA website is holding information that is 2 months out of date. Your rant takes into account, overcrowding Britain, why complain, is getting a visa a right.

All of the above is unhelpful and insulting.

Anybody has a right to complain about a service standard that is shoddy at best. Telling people to accept it, just because that's the way it is. That might be the Iraqi way but it's not the British way.

God given right to a VISA - Most of the forum users on this thread are waiting for a spousal settlement visa. It is their right to get a visa, try reading the Right to Family Life Act.

I dont even know why im responding to you King2be - You always try and evoke a response, try to rile up other users.

A look at your past comments confirms this.
I think King2be is being honest and frank in what he says.Maybe the wording used can be slightly different.I agree people knew that marrying from abroad can be difficult,lengthy and very frustrating.Some people have only realized now that they are waiting for the process to take its course.I think these people need to be a bit more patient.I know for a fact that people who are deciding these cases are not sat on their backsides doing nothing. They are looking at thousands of such cases from Pakistan.Unfortunately every document Pakistani presents gets scrutinized very carefully because of teh thousands of false documents( even genuine ) people sometime presents with their application.

As to ones right to family life and teh automatic granting of visa simply because you have married a British citizen, is not a right people are entitled to.You will only get it if you meet the rules.

I think its looking like that such marriages will end soon, as British people are no willing to enter relationship with foreign spouses because of such things.Even Pakistani parents living in UK are coming to this conclusion and instead prefer to get their kids married in UK now. On average it costs over £5000 in fees alone from one applying for a visa to getting a British passport. That is a lot of money to spend.Its even made worse when after a short period such marriages breakdown, which cause more heartache. :cry:

shuby

Re: HEY

Post by shuby » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 pm

angelkhan wrote:
its been 50 wrking days 4 ur self they count working dats nd the week ends i was confused to b4 i subbmited mine in 22nd ov may nd under process on the 2nd ov june its been 15 weeks nd 75 wrking days nearly 4 months inshallah nxt week buh no reply yt jus hpe i get A REPLY SOON i even have seen a persons visa was granted in 9 normal days mashallah every one is diffrent and has diffrent kismat so wat ever is in ur kismat u will surely get it no matter wat nd the dat ur visa has been writen 2 be granded it wil b no day later or no day b4 so jus wish 4 the best cuz allah makes the write choice 4 us always jus remember that i have a dua i found on the internet for kamyabi
you have to read durood shareef 21 times b4 nd 21 times after it thedua is
HAQ HAQ HAQ BISMILLAH HIRAHEMAN NIRRAHIM YA MUSABBIRU SABBIB YA MUDABBIRU DABBIR YA MUFATTIHU FATTE YA MUSAYIRU YASSIR BI HAQQI LAILAHA ILLA ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULILLAHA SALLOALAHO ALYEHI O SALLIM HPE U GET KAMYABI JUST PUT UR BELIEVE IN THIS WEN READING ND BEFORE U READ IT MAKE NIYAT IN UR HAERT FOR KAMYABI ND Mke DUA AFTER READING THIS INSHALLAH IT WILL WRK ND PLUS FOR MORE BENIFIT READ IT AFTER EVERY NAMAS ND IF NT SO ATLEAST 2 TIMES IN A DAY AS MANY TIMES AS U CAN

If anyone wants to find out how much days have passed used this website. It shows everything like holidays in that time, weekends and most importantly amount of working days :)

http://www.work-day.co.uk/

m3y

Post by m3y » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Scottishraja wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
Shah12 wrote: UKBA are ridiculous their guide to process times are two months old, says Juy 2012

I'm really tired of waiting, you call this a life having to wait half a year and if your wife is in Europe its a matters of days. Discrimination is what it boils down to
Do you blame them? I think the policies they are implementing are brilliant. Not only are they trying to limit immigration as they rightly should because this country is over-crowded as it is. But they are also ensuring that genuine immigrants come through whereas in the past entire family trees would come through as soon as one person got a VISA.

King2be - I always find your comments to be very unhelpful. Can you please keep your prejudices to yourself.

A forum user is correctly pointing out that the UKBA website is holding information that is 2 months out of date. Your rant takes into account, overcrowding Britain, why complain, is getting a visa a right.

Anybody has a right to complain about a service standard that is shoddy at best. Telling people to accept it, just because that's the way it is. That might be the Iraqi way but it's not the British way.

God given right to a VISA - Most of the forum users on this thread are waiting for a spousal settlement visa. It is their right to get a visa, try reading the Right to Family Life Act.

I dont even know why im responding to you King2be - You always try and evoke a response, try to rile up other users.

I think King2be is being honest and frank in what he says.Maybe the wording used can be slightly different.I agree people knew that marrying from abroad can be difficult,lengthy and very frustrating.Some people have only realized now that they are waiting for the process to take its course.I think these people need to be a bit more patient.I know for a fact that people who are deciding these cases are not sat on their backsides doing nothing. They are looking at thousands of such cases from Pakistan.Unfortunately every document Pakistani presents gets scrutinized very carefully because of teh thousands of false documents( even genuine ) people sometime presents with their application.

As to ones right to family life and teh automatic granting of visa simply because you have married a British citizen, is not a right people are entitled to.You will only get it if you meet the rules.

I think its looking like that such marriages will end soon, as British people are no willing to enter relationship with foreign spouses because of such things.Even Pakistani parents living in UK are coming to this conclusion and instead prefer to get their kids married in UK now. On average it costs over £5000 in fees alone from one applying for a visa to getting a British passport. That is a lot of money to spend.Its even made worse when after a short period such marriages breakdown, which cause more heartache. :cry:
Batley Khan i agree with you to an extent but the point is people marry out of choice abroad but this doesn't automatically mean that they are entitled to shoddy service... the visa process is not free and the UKBA should try and improve the service it provides to its customers. You also cannot deny that the agency has a very poor track record in all aspects of its work.. they are regularly slated in the media and independent inspections have shown them to be inconsistent and in some cases incompetent.
I didn’t choose to marry my wife because she was Pakistani or my parents asked me too.. I married her because I liked her as soon as I met her.. I was free to marry whatever race or nationality I wanted, my parents have never been strict with me.

As for king2be’s comments, they are laughable.. from a few of his posts it hints that he likes to be condescending and patronising, he might as well join the BNP as his views aren’t far off. The new rules have been bought into place which we can’t do much about, they wouldn’t affect me as I meet the income rules comfortably, I also agree that immigration abuse needs to be curbed and abusive / fraud marriages abolished.. however a minimum income is not the way to do it.. If I earnt 16000 living in Bradford I would be a lot better off than if I was earning 18600 in central London. The reason It is upsetting is that genuine couples will suffer for this and that’s who I feel for. Not just Pakistani’s but any nationality. There are fairer and better ways to go about this, it is not only the well off who have a right to life here.

Anyway sorry for the rant I just get very upset when people patronise and look down on others and that’s how I feel certain people on this forum act. It is an immigration forum and we should support people if they are having problems…
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

ali1122
Newly Registered

Post by ali1122 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:20 pm

sakman wrote:
keepfaith wrote:

ali1122 mentions he applyed for the Settlement Fiancée Category, so this may not require the same sort of processing as the normal spouse visa
Dude its much tougher than oda cuz u need to provide more than enough evidence of ur relation and concrete proofs that you aren't a fake applicant..... and it takes same time for processing like other settlement categories ...

ali1122
Newly Registered

Post by ali1122 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:23 pm

sakman wrote:
keepfaith wrote:

i didn't wrote "bad quality" word i wrote F+a+k+e

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Ok dude I'm just happy that april applicants are getting there responses and you didn't have to wait 6months like the march applicantS

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Does anyone know if when you receive the RFC text does it also update online at the same time

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:03 pm

sakman wrote:Ok dude I'm just happy that april applicants are getting there responses and you didn't have to wait 6months like the march applicantS
are you going on the basis of this website and forum, all ive seen so far is those that submitted their cases in march finally receiving their responses now. I havent seen a single person who submitted thier case in April yet.

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Shah12 wrote:
sakman wrote:Ok dude I'm just happy that april applicants are getting there responses and you didn't have to wait 6months like the march applicantS
are you going on the basis of this website and forum, all ive seen so far is those that submitted their cases in march finally receiving their responses now. I havent seen a single person who submitted thier case in April yet.
Ali1122 did, see the previous page

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 pm

m3y wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
Scottishraja wrote:
king2be98 wrote:

Batley Khan i agree with you to an extent but the point is people marry out of choice abroad but this doesn't automatically mean that they are entitled to shoddy service... the visa process is not free and the UKBA should try and improve the service it provides to its customers. You also cannot deny that the agency has a very poor track record in all aspects of its work.. they are regularly slated in the media and independent inspections have shown them to be inconsistent and in some cases incompetent.
I didn’t choose to marry my wife because she was Pakistani or my parents asked me too.. I married her because I liked her as soon as I met her.. I was free to marry whatever race or nationality I wanted, my parents have never been strict with me.

As for king2be’s comments, they are laughable.. from a few of his posts it hints that he likes to be condescending and patronising, he might as well join the BNP as his views aren’t far off. The new rules have been bought into place which we can’t do much about, they wouldn’t affect me as I meet the income rules comfortably, I also agree that immigration abuse needs to be curbed and abusive / fraud marriages abolished.. however a minimum income is not the way to do it.. If I earnt 16000 living in Bradford I would be a lot better off than if I was earning 18600 in central London. The reason It is upsetting is that genuine couples will suffer for this and that’s who I feel for. Not just Pakistani’s but any nationality. There are fairer and better ways to go about this, it is not only the well off who have a right to life here.

Anyway sorry for the rant I just get very upset when people patronise and look down on others and that’s how I feel certain people on this forum act. It is an immigration forum and we should support people if they are having problems…
Its not a justification to say because the costs are high that it is best not to marry from abroad, what you should be arguing is that it should be a human right to chose who to marry and that deliberate financial barriers should not be set up to prevent that and the system needs to be challenged. Every marriage has a chance of breakdown regardless of where you marry. You're right to family life is taken away when you cant choose. With regards to what someone said about family trees coming over isn't that what happening in uk from other eu countries already