ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wishfulmemory
Newly Registered

Post by wishfulmemory » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:24 am

zackeea2 wrote:
wishfulmemory wrote:Hi, I would like to share my timeline

EEA2 sent March 2, 2012 and received March 3, 2012
COA received April 15, 2012 with permit to work
RC still waiting, it's already over 6 months for me, I called them and they said still on process
Hi wishfulmemory,
same here, I applied on March 3 and still no RC. Called them two days ago and they said "no decision has been reached yet"...
So I complained via email, fax and solvit!

Hi zackeea2 did u get your RC already?

dardanzeka
Newly Registered

Post by dardanzeka » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:42 am

I called them again today and the woman on the phone said that my application has been shifted and was sent to the department on 5th of sept,so i guess this is good news,does this mean my application has been assigned to a caseworker?

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Is it true that the UKBA has a legal requirement to send CoA for EEA2, but not for EEA4?

I read this on a forum somewhere, but was not able to locate this in a document so far. If anyone knows where this is stated, I'd be keen to get the link.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 pm

jotter wrote:Is it true that the UKBA has a legal requirement to send CoA for EEA2, but not for EEA4?

I read this on a forum somewhere, but was not able to locate this in a document so far. If anyone knows where this is stated, I'd be keen to get the link.
Compare Regulation 17 (issue of RC) in particular 17 (3) and Regulation 18 (issue of PR Confirmation).

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 pm

dardanzeka wrote:6 weeks passed and still no COA,do u think i should keep calling them everyday for it or i should wait ?
everytime i call they keep saying its nt validated yet,they cant do anything,thanks
Hello! Which number are you calling at? I have called to 0845 010 5200 and they said they cannot give me information related to my status, do you have a different one?

Thank you

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Jambo wrote:
jotter wrote:Is it true that the UKBA has a legal requirement to send CoA for EEA2, but not for EEA4?

Compare Regulation 17 (issue of RC) in particular 17 (3) and Regulation 18 (issue of PR Confirmation).
Thanks Jambo!
In my case I'm applying for EEA4 so am obliged to sit tight until 6 months have passed, but a person in my situation applying for EEA2 can certainly have cause for complaint. It may be worth someone waiting for CoA for EEA2 to formally complain about this because the UKBA do seem to be out of line with some of the delays we are seeing with issuing CoA for EEA2. Yes, they want to do an initial document check, but does that take 2-3 months !?

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Joha1304 wrote:
dardanzeka wrote:6 weeks passed and still no COA,do u think i should keep calling them everyday for it or i should wait ?
everytime i call they keep saying its nt validated yet,they cant do anything,thanks
Hello! Which number are you calling at? I have called to 0845 010 5200 and they said they cannot give me information related to my status, do you have a different one?

Thank you
Nah, that will be the number. I suspect if the person on the other end of the line has something useful to tell you, they'll tell it, or at least hint at it, and if they don't, their fallback position is that they can't access any details about your application until it's 6 months +. Fundamentally the European applications team do not want to encourage people to use the phone service to chase applications under 6 months old, which is why they are as parsimonious as possible with their information.

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:37 pm

jotter wrote:
Joha1304 wrote:

Thank you
Nah, that will be the number. I suspect if the person on the other end of the line has something useful to tell you, they'll tell it, or at least hint at it, and if they don't, their fallback position is that they can't access any details about your application until it's 6 months +. Fundamentally the European applications team do not want to encourage people to use the phone service to chase applications under 6 months old, which is why they are as parsimonious as possible with their information.
OMG I think I will have a heart attack very very soon hehehe... Have somebody find a job without COA? If so, which document did you use to prove you eligibillity to work in UK?

Thanks a lot for your help

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 pm

jotter wrote:
Joha1304 wrote:

Thank you
OMG I think I will have a heart attack very very soon hehehe... Have somebody find a job without COA? If so, which document did you use to prove you eligibillity to work in UK?

Thanks a lot for your help

dardanzeka
Newly Registered

Post by dardanzeka » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 am

i went to agencies looking for a job without COA but nothing,they dont even bother,we just have to wait,sometimes it will take up to 3 months for COA and after u get it,next month they might send the RC.they are supposed to send COA within 30 days but looks like they are way too busy

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:48 am

Hey guys,

just wanted to share my timelines with you guys. My wife is a student and a german national, we got her eea1 residence card back in January 2012. (in a way confirming that she is exercising treaty rights)

We made an eea2 application for me on the 26th of July , sent it by special delivery with all the relevant documentation.

So my timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 26/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 27/07/2012
COA: Still waiting
RC: Still waiting ...

So well, ppl who applied in July haven't received their COA yet it seems...

wishfulmemory
Newly Registered

Post by wishfulmemory » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am

Just received my RC today after more than of 6 months waiting, see my timeline below

EEA1 and EEA2 submitted March 2, 2012
EEA1 RC and EEA2 Coa received middle of April
EEA2 RC valid for 5 years received Sept. 12, 2012 dated Sept. 6, 2012

Thanks to this forum it helps me a lot, we did it by ourself no solicitor.

Goodluck everyone!

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:07 am

wishfulmemory wrote:Just received my RC today after more than of 6 months waiting, see my timeline below

EEA1 and EEA2 submitted March 2, 2012
EEA1 RC and EEA2 Coa received middle of April
EEA2 RC valid for 5 years received Sept. 12, 2012 dated Sept. 6, 2012

Thanks to this forum it helps me a lot, we did it by ourself no solicitor.

Goodluck everyone!
Congratulations! :)

Yasf

Coa

Post by Yasf » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:15 pm

craxy1102 wrote:Hey guys,

just wanted to share my timelines with you guys. My wife is a student and a german national, we got her eea1 residence card back in January 2012. (in a way confirming that she is exercising treaty rights)

We made an eea2 application for me on the 26th of July , sent it by special delivery with all the relevant documentation.

me same apply in 2 July still waiting for coa

sarah82

eea rc timeline

Post by sarah82 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Forum,

Don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post, but i know lots are enquiring as was i, about individual processing times for the EEA 2 RC.

22/12/2011: Applied for my spouse's RC citing EIND, SINGH, and providing a written statement admitting a non spent criminal conviction and adding that we were aware this was not a ground for refusal.

20/01/2012: Application returned to us requesting a translation of my Dutch payslips as well as a British passport and not just my Irish one, since we were applying under Singh. (Makes sense, and was expected, was just trying to wriggle out of spending on another passport!)

06/03/2012: New application sent in to UKBA with translations and a new British passport for me as requested.

07/03/2012: Confirmed that UKBA received application after tracking with Royal Mail.

22/03/2012: Certificate of Application received dated 20/03/2012

28/08/2012: Sent a letter to UKBA reminding them of the fast approaching statutory 6 month deadline.

30/08/2012: Letter received by UKBA by recorded delivery.

06/09/2012: Telephoned UKBA European Enquiries contact centre only to be told special delivery had been dispatched that day.

07/09/2012: Documents and EEA RC finally received!

Six months to the day!

flybe
Newly Registered

Re: Coa

Post by flybe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 am

No COA yet applied on 6th July. Called UKBA today to enquire about COA and the guy over the phone was only answering yes or na and he said that the COA is not always send out and i should write to them if i need one.
Yasf wrote:
craxy1102 wrote:Hey guys,

me same apply in 2 July still waiting for coa

dardanzeka
Newly Registered

Post by dardanzeka » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am

thats what they told me as well and i wrote in and still nothing but i kept calling everyday until 2 days ago they said they have sent it out so im just waiting now,applied on 31/07/2012[/url][/i][/list]

dardanzeka
Newly Registered

Post by dardanzeka » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 am

hey guys,just wanted to share my timeline
30/07/2012 sent my application to HO with special delivery
31/07/2012 received from HO
14/09/2012 COA arrived issed 11/02/2012(i called them everyday after 5 weeks passed)
waiting for my RC now,good luck to u all

DAMMYDAMMY

finally finally finally

Post by DAMMYDAMMY » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm

just to thank every1 on this forum,i cant find my initial post again but here is my timeline and my case is a little complicated,i applied 7th of february 2012,next day delievery,additional evidence sent 3weeks later,married with a lithuanian national with a son but i have a bad immigration record cuz i was arrested at work using some1s documents while my wife was 4months pregnant but not married then,was released aafter 4days in immigration detention centre,3weeks later was given 6months limited leave to remain after so many interviw with me n my then partner about the geniueity of d pregnancy,sent eea2 2days before expiration of 6months leave,wife not working till present,only that i sent all her payslip from when she entered uk,all 2years continual payslips uptill the time pregnacy reaches 4months n also send doctors report indicating complicatio of pregnancy from 4month that she need 3months rest without work up till when pregnancy is 7month,by this time,no work she can do again,i explain all in my cover letter,i am thanking every1 on this forum,i was nervous n keep waiting,its over 6month but i got it today n very happy,thanks to my wife also,she stood by me throughout.
my timeline

EEA2 SENT 7TH FEBRUARY 2012
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS SENT WITHOUT ASKING 2WEEKS LATER
GOT COA AFTER 1MONTH
REQUEST WIFE PASSPORT AT 5MONTH
CALL FOR UPDATE AT EXACTLY 6MONTH
CALL EVERY 1WEEK AFTER 6MONTH
SENT A LETTER TO CASE WORKER THROUGH FAX AFTER 6MONTH 3WEEKS
SENT EMAIL TO MY MP FOR INTERVENTION SAME DAY 6MONTH 3WEEKS
GOT EMAIL FROM MP INFORMING ME THAT HE HAS SENT A LETTER TO UKBOARDER AGENCY
GOT MY RC TODAY,ISSUED 2 AUGUST

To my supried,it was issued on 2nd of august n they keep it all d while as i remember i keep calling even after 2nd of august n they kip telling me no decison has been made but i thank God it came at last,its valid for 5 years.thanks every1,i appreciate all of u.

Yasf

Coa

Post by Yasf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:00 am

my timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 2/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 3/07/2012

So well, ppl who applied in July haven't received their COA yet

efimmike

Re: Coa

Post by efimmike » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:17 am

[quote="Yasf"]my timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 2/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 3/07/2012

So well, ppl who applied in July haven't received their COA yet[/quote

Hi mate, I also applied in July, this is my timeline

EEA2 Application sent: 09/07/2012
EEA2 Application received by HO: 10/07/2012
COA: Still expecting
RC: Still expecting.

Does any one know the fax number of EU caseworker? Please share with me/us. Thanks.

catioana
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by catioana » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:53 am

Hello,

I send my eea2 application on 10/08/2012,received on 13/08/2012.Last week I call them to make request to send my passport back and the lady who answered said she can't find me because my documents was sended to Sheffield and she dont undenstand why.She said she make request for my documents to be sended back to Liverpool and to send my passport back.After two days I call again and this time who answer said if I apply for eea2 my documents must to be in Sheffield and next week I will received my passport back.
My questions is where suppose to be my documents,in Sheffield or Liverpool because on the phone nobody answered to ask about my application,only if I make request for passport.And I still waiting for COA.Thank you.

Adel123
Newly Registered

Post by Adel123 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 pm

no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

EEA2 received by UKBA 19/06/2012
COA ---
RC ---

amie1231

Call them and ask for COA Adel

Post by amie1231 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Adel123 wrote:no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

COA ---
RC ---
My EEA2 application was also received by HO on 18/06/2012 through my solicitor.I phone them many times for the past two weeks and just on last Friday 14/09/2012 when I phoned the lady told me she has made a request on the her computer for one to be posted and I should receive it within the next 5 working days so I am expecting to receive it from tomorrow Monday to Friday this week.I will post here again with my timeline when I receive it.

I suggest strongly it's worths it to phone them for your COA Adel
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

amie1231

Call them and ask for COA Adel

Post by amie1231 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Adel123 wrote:no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

COA ---
RC ---
My EEA2 application was also received by HO on 18/06/2012 through my solicitor.I phone them many times for the past two weeks and just on last Friday 14/09/2012 when I phoned the lady told me she has made a request on the her computer for one to be posted and I should receive it within the next 5 working days so I am expecting to receive it from tomorrow Monday to Friday this week.I will post here again with my timeline when I receive it.

I suggest strongly it's worths it to phone them for your COA Adel
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...