ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking PEO Appointment - Clarity required

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adojay

Booking PEO Appointment - Clarity required

Post by Adojay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for ILR from 20th October 2012. For the past 2 months, I have been waiting patiently for when the online booking service would make booking days available from 20th October. Fortunately, the booking service now indicates that one can book up until 27th October (as at today). Every other days are greyed out. The unfortunate thing is that I am unable to get any slots so far.

Reading experiences on the forum, I have now learnt something new which is that you cannot book earlier than 42 days before you are eligible to apply. But the one thing I don't understand is;

1. Do I have to apply online first before attempting to book for a date?

2. If yes, do I have to make payment during the booking? This is important for me, as I do not yet have the full amount to cover for myself and 3 dependants for PEO.

3. Judging by the 42 days rule, doe sit mean I cannot book for any date until around 15th September 2012?

I do not want to stay up all night waiting to get a slot only to find out I have not done the preliminary stuff I am required to do before booking online for a slot.

Please I will appreciate your kind input and advise.

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:10 pm

You can only book appointment six weeks in advance of your desired appointment date.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:52 pm

imran22 wrote:You can only book appointment six weeks in advance of your desired appointment date.
Thanks Imran for clarifying that.

Does anyone have answers to the other 3 questions I posed?

- Vince Lombardi

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Booking PEO Appointment - Clarity required

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Adojay wrote:Hi All,

I am due to apply for ILR from 20th October 2012. For the past 2 months, I have been waiting patiently for when the online booking service would make booking days available from 20th October. Fortunately, the booking service now indicates that one can book up until 27th October (as at today). Every other days are greyed out. The unfortunate thing is that I am unable to get any slots so far.

Reading experiences on the forum, I have now learnt something new which is that you cannot book earlier than 42 days before you are eligible to apply. But the one thing I don't understand is;

yes

2. If yes, do I have to make payment during the booking? This is important for me, as I do not yet have the full amount to cover for myself and 3 dependants for PEO.

no - pay on counter on the day

3. Judging by the 42 days rule, doe sit mean I cannot book for any date until around 15th September 2012?

try booking around or after 5th august

I do not want to stay up all night waiting to get a slot only to find out I have not done the preliminary stuff I am required to do before booking online for a slot.

Adojay

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Adojay,

You are right, I am also looking for PEO appointment in October but not able to do so. I just tried and it is showing something like "No appointment is available for your preferred data and time, please change your preferences and check again", I checked for Sept (42 days rule) and Oct with varying PEO centre options but it is giving same error. It could be system error but please reply to this post to give us some guidelines that how we book our appointment. Thanks in advance.

Adojay

Re: Booking PEO Appointment - Clarity required

Post by Adojay » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:56 am

innocentdevil wrote:
Adojay wrote:Hi All,

yes

no - pay on counter on the day

try booking around or after 5th august

Adojay

Thanks Innocentdevil.

I have tried to apply online, but keep getting information that online application involves the use of interactive forms, and these require payment online. Another option is to print and bring forms to the PEO. Am confused and don't know which is right.

If I can get links to get this information, I will really appreciate.

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 pm

simi
Newly Registered

Post by simi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 am

You don't have to make payment online.

You cannot get October appointments in July, the next available date is 10th Sept which will be released from 12 midnight on Monday 30th July.

The link is ok.

Good luck

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 am

simi wrote:You don't have to make payment online.

You cannot get October appointments in July, the next available date is 10th Sept which will be released from 12 midnight on Monday 30th July.

The link is ok.

Good luck
Thanks Sim.

I'll wait 42 days from when am due to apply before booking appointment.

Kind regards,

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 am

innocentdevil wrote:https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se ... %2faccount

this is the link i go to.
Thanks once again. I've clicked on the link, signed in and it pops up with a page showing Apply Online on the left pane, and Book Appointment on the right.

I click Apply Online, and it opens a page showing "Form Finder". I search for the correct form (Set O), and it downloads the form (July 2012). My issue is that this form is in a printable format. This is the normal you fill and post. I cannot find anywhere I can fill it out and submit online. All I keep getting is this downloadable form in pdf format.

Am really struggling to navigate to where I can apply online. Am sure I am missing the simplest thing, but please pardon my ignorance. Am due to apply for settlement from 25th October, so am not in a mad hurry now, as I can only book a date 42 days before the time. This works out as around 15th September. However, I need to apply online now and wait for when I can book a date.

Please kindly assist.

Kind regards,

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 am

adojay,
once you log in you should see a Book Appointment Button, If you click on it then next thing it will ask for is which set are you applying for. and so on.

i cannot upload images otherwise i would have shown you .[/img]

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:47 am

innocentdevil wrote:adojay,
once you log in you should see a Book Appointment Button, If you click on it then next thing it will ask for is which set are you applying for. and so on.

i cannot upload images otherwise i would have shown you .[/img]
Thanks.

That's exactly the one I know. You click Book Appointment. It asks for which service you are applying for. I chose Set O. It goes further to ask if you are apply for premium service or not, and how many dependants. After this, it goes on to say "Select a convenient range of dates and times " and then preferred locations.

It is after this page I would normally receive the message"We do not have any appointments available for your preferred dates and locations.
Please change your preferred dates and location and search again". Is it when am able to get a date that I will have to apply online? Or is it simply a case of securing an appointment date, filling out the Set O form, and coming to the centre with all documentation and payment on the appointed date?

Thanks once again

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:00 am

yes you are doing it right. just a matter of finding appointment that suits you. keep looking.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:37 am

innocentdevil wrote:yes you are doing it right. just a matter of finding appointment that suits you. keep looking.
Thank you to all that contributed. I appreciate.

Kind regards

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:25 pm

yes, I have also tried to book an appointment for any date available in next 4 months but it keep saying

"We do not have any appointments available for your preferred dates and locations.
Please change your preferred dates and location and search again. "

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:59 am

innocentdevil wrote:yes you are doing it right. just a matter of finding appointment that suits you. keep looking.
On the back of the last posting, I tried going over the online booking once again to make sure I understand what needs to be done to book a PEO appointment (which I understand is 42 days before am eligible to apply). I noticed that after I logged in and confirmed my ID, it takes me to another page which says "Manage my account". On that page, there is "My transactions" tab next to "My account settings". Under "My transactions tab, a statement reads, "You do not currently have any transactions. You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment." Right after this is the "Book appointment" button.

From the above, what do they mean by "You do not currently have any transactions". What do they also mean by "You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment."

From the previous posts, I understand that all I am required to do is login--> Confirm Identity-->Book Appointment-->Select Service Applying for-->Confirm if using premium and select number of dependants-->Choose Availability and locations. At this stage, if you are lucky, you get a date. If not, you are told no appointment is available for the chosen dates and locations.

I will appreciate if someone can clear that bit off for me once and for all.

Kind regards

- Vince Lombardi

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 am

I have the exact same problem as Adojay. Does anyone know how to resolve this diabolical problem?
Third World Traveller

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 am

"You do not currently have any transactions". What do they also mean by "You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment."

1. You do not currently have any transactions
This means you have no appointment booking, if by luck you do get appoinment then it will appear here and this message will go away.

2. You should not book an appointment unless...
This is for people who applied by post and use this same online form to book biometric appointment and for that they should have already applied and got biometric appointment letter.

For booking
You are doing all steps in correct order, just do this at 11:59pm till 12:20am and keep on trying with no date range selected.