ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Jasper_X wrote:
mustang390 wrote:
Jasper_X wrote:I applied for my ILR in March 2012
never received any confirmation letter.
received a letter for BRP registration (was a part of my ILR application) with
a case reference number in early days of June which I submitted in the same day.
it's now mid September & I haven't received anything.(6 months).

I tried calling UKBA today,and a recorded message says they cannot provide any information on applications made in the past 6 months and hangs up!

this is disgusting.. :x
Call them on 0870 606 7766 and then option Press 4 and then 2.

My 6 Months going to be at the end of this week :(
thanks for the tips,I called this number but gave up after being on hold for 20 minutes,will try again tomorrow.
You got to wait atleast 30 Minuts before they answer the phone and best time is to call between 1400 and 1500 ...

slchoong

Post by slchoong » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:Any SET(O) people applied around the last week of May have started receiving?
No, I am still waiting...

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Any Mid July SET O applicant who has received Biometric letter??

It's been more than 2 months now with no sign of Biometric letter...
Not all those who wander are lost...

PShakSETO
Newly Registered

Post by PShakSETO » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 am

slchoong wrote:
SameerBhagawatUk wrote:Any SET(O) people applied around the last week of May have started receiving?
No, I am still waiting...
I am still waiting too. Application sent on 29/05/2012

I will be posting my full timeline by tomorrow (not sure of some dates)

scan_me84
Newly Registered

Post by scan_me84 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 am

Hey guys I got appointment finally. it says person attending Poe 1. How my wifes Gona go with me? Set(m)

iamhere70
Newly Registered

Post by iamhere70 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:23 am

It looks past couple of weeks are really slow in terms of decision making as there are not many approvals.

Is there anyone new received their BRP/documents back who applied during April/May time?

ashu12345
Newly Registered

ILR Set M

Post by ashu12345 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:33 am

I applied for Set m On 28th May 2012

Received conformation on the 31st May 2012 of receiving the docs

received letter for biometrics on the 2nd aug dated 25th july 2012

Gave the biometrics at the local post office on the 3rd Aug

After that nothing

still Waiting

Now can please some on tell me if they applied around the same time as i did get their visa or any information wud help please

i just want to know how long more to wait
i also contacted my local mp to help but all they do is they make representations on my behalf to the ukba and i called them recently and they advised that they are waiting for them to get back !!!

which i think is ridiculous as that is wat i was doing hopefully will get some answers here...

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 am

From what I gather, it takes about 2 months from application to biometric letter.

And then a further 2 months approximately, from biometric appointment, to letter of approval.

Anyone else think that sounds right, on average?

amara.naveed
Newly Registered

Post by amara.naveed » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 am

SgtBellPepper wrote:From what I gather, it takes about 2 months from application to biometric letter.

And then a further 2 months approximately, from biometric appointment, to letter of approval.

I agree with you. I also think that this is happening

slchoong

Post by slchoong » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:44 am

I am still waiting too. Application sent on 29/05/2012

I will be posting my full timeline by tomorrow (not sure of some dates)
I applied my SET (0) one day (on Monday) before you!

iamhere70
Newly Registered

Post by iamhere70 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 am

amara.naveed wrote:
SgtBellPepper wrote:From what I gather, it takes about 2 months from application to biometric letter.

I agree with you. I also think that this is happening
It's been 12weeks after biometrics and still waiting/....waiting....waiting for my SET(O) application.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 am

Don't know if it makes any difference but I was specifically referring to SET(M).

SameerBhagawatUk

Month by month tracking of applications

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am

I was wondering if it makes sense to start a new thread for a month by month tracking so that people around similar times can track that thread and come to know about the happenings to applications similar to theirs?

Any comments / suggestions?

slchoong

Post by slchoong » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm

It sounds like a good idea and it's definitely better than lumping all the applications together.

SouthLondon
Newly Registered

Re: Month by month tracking of applications

Post by SouthLondon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:I was wondering if it makes sense to start a new thread for a month by month tracking so that people around similar times can track that thread and come to know about the happenings to applications similar to theirs?

It's nice to have the history and to be able to compare with older (or newer) cases. I know the weekly update post is getting a bit lumpy, but I sort it by application date to make it a bit more readable. I will post an update of the list tonight.

Sjataprolu
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set M

Post by Sjataprolu » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:19 pm

My time lines are exactly same as you and i am also waiting.
ashu12345 wrote:I applied for Set m On 28th May 2012

After that nothing

still Waiting

Now can please some on tell me if they applied around the same time as i did get their visa or any information wud help please

i also contacted my local mp to help but all they do is they make representations on my behalf to the ukba and i called them recently and they advised that they are waiting for them to get back !!!

which i think is ridiculous as that is wat i was doing hopefully will get some answers here...

slchoong

Re: After 5 weeks ILR payment not taken out yet. WHY???

Post by slchoong » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:22 pm

BOB08 wrote:Hi, I had send my application on 20 aug, I received the confirmation letter on 23 but they still didn't take out the money yet. I'm worry about that, I'll travel in November and need my passport.
You are not going to get in back before November. You should have tried premium service instead.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

My mp emailed me today with an update, all she wrote was that ukba will contact us directly this week....what the hell is that supposed to mean!!....have they made a decision??, it's been 6 1/2 months since my hubby's application!!...super stressed.com!!!

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi guys, me again
As you probably know, I applied for my SET(m) on 23rd of Feb 2012. I called ukba (just now) the lady told me they have sent a package on 14th of SEP.
I am nervously waiting, she didnt tell me if it was a good news or bad!!! :shock:

dadageer
Mood:

Re: Month by month tracking of applications

Post by dadageer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:27 pm

SouthLondon wrote:
SameerBhagawatUk wrote:I was wondering if it makes sense to start a new thread for a month by month tracking so that people around similar times can track that thread and come to know about the happenings to applications similar to theirs?

It's nice to have the history and to be able to compare with older (or newer) cases. I know the weekly update post is getting a bit lumpy, but I sort it by application date to make it a bit more readable. I will post an update of the list tonight.

I think this would be a nice idea to Create a separate thread based on the month when application was made so all people who sent their application in July will discuss under a particular thread lets say "ILR - July 2012" which will include both SET (O), SET (M) and other ILR applicants but at least this will group all people from July and will be easy to handle the progress based on each month. The only downside is that at the moment people share different ideas and how they went through the whole process which you will miss if you are only checking your own monthly thread..we will need to bounce between our own monthly threads and a General thread.

Who is going to make monthly threads? We can start from Feb 2012 to September 2012.

OK I have created July 2012 thread here.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 044#708044

All JULY 2012 SET (O) or SET (M) please post updates in that thread.
Last edited by dadageer on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Mariyeh wrote:Hi guys, me again
As you probably know, I applied for my SET(m) on 23rd of Feb 2012. I called ukba (just now) the lady told me they have sent a package on 14th of SEP.
I am nervously waiting, she didnt tell me if it was a good news or bad!!! :shock:

Keep my fingers crossed for u.x.

SameerBhagawatUk

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

I can start a thread for the May applications

scan_me84
Newly Registered

Post by scan_me84 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Hey guys I got appointment finally. it says person attending Poe 1. How my wifes Gona go with me? Set(m)

angelsoul
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set M

Post by angelsoul » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:10 pm

ashu12345 wrote:I applied for Set m On 28th May 2012

After that nothing

still Waiting

I applied on the 30th of april, got the biometrics letter by the 1st of August dated the 26th of July, done the biometrics at local post office the 3th of august and still waiting, :roll:

dadageer
Mood:

JULY ILR

Post by dadageer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:02 pm

All July applicants please update your status here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 044#708044