ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO PASSPORT! PLEASE HELP!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

szandi1990
Newly Registered

NO PASSPORT! PLEASE HELP!

Post by szandi1990 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello guys!

I requested my passport back from HO, however haven`t heard of them since. I urgently need to travel back to my country on Friday, and now they are really upsetting me. I called the HO, and they said wait more days...

What can I do? It`s been more than the 5 working days, they supposed to do it, and I also stated I need my passport back URGENTLY!

I am also going on marriage interview on Thursday with my husband. Is it possible that`s why they don`t send it?

Thanks alot.

eea2june2012
Newly Registered

Post by eea2june2012 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

maybe u will get your passport and husband passport back after the interview. I wish you all the best in that interview and do tell us what they ask at the interview so we all learn from it

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: NO PASSPORT! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 pm

szandi1990 wrote:What can I do? It`s been more than the 5 working days, they supposed to do it, and I also stated I need my passport back URGENTLY!
Who said that it takes 5 days? According to their website, it takes up to 20 working days after they received your request, so I would not count on Friday.

tanabrennan
BANNED

Post by tanabrennan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Anyway you better concentrate on the interview because if the interview fails, they may give you your passport the next day which will be Friday to travel to your country. That will be bye.
My advice is that you concentrate on the interview rather than getting angry on the return of your passport.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 am

tanabrennan wrote:Anyway you better concentrate on the interview because if the interview fails, they may give you your passport the next day which will be Friday to travel to your country. That will be bye.
My advice is that you concentrate on the interview rather than getting angry on the return of your passport.
Excuse me??? First of all, I am an EEA citizen, so I don't think they are going to send me out of the country! Secondly, I dont know which website you checked but an email from UKBA and a call from them also confirmed it is 5 working days! This is emergency travelling to my country, I am not going anywhere for fun!

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:28 am

szandi1990 wrote:I dont know which website you checked
The official Home Office - UK Border Agency website - just click on the link I supplied in my last post.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
szandi1990 wrote:I dont know which website you checked
The official Home Office - UK Border Agency website - just click on the link I supplied in my last post.
The relevant web page is here.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:40 am

sum1 wrote:The relevant web page is here.
Okay, thanks. Strange that they make an exception for EEA route applications, but fine: "We will endeavour to return your documents as soon as possible - usually within 5 working days, however there may be exceptional cases where it takes longer so we strongly advise that you do not book travel until your application has been fully considered and your documents returned to you."

anp

Post by anp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 am

Your interview is on Thursday, and they will be able to make a decision about your application then and there, I imagine they will hand everything back to you on Thursday, regardless of the decision. Call them, until you find out for sure.
Be good.

tanabrennan
BANNED

Re: NO PASSPORT! PLEASE HELP!

Post by tanabrennan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm

szandi1990 wrote:Hello guys!

I requested my passport back from HO, however haven`t heard of them since. I urgently need to travel back to my country on Friday, and now they are really upsetting me. I called the HO, and they said wait more days...

What can I do? It`s been more than the 5 working days, they supposed to do it, and I also stated I need my passport back URGENTLY!

I am also going on marriage interview on Thursday with my husband. Is it possible that`s why they don`t send it?

Thanks alot.
Why are you going for a marriage interview, and who invited you for a marriage interview? You did not state here that you are the EU because I can’t see why an EU will go for a marriage interview, if this happen, then there is a Non EU involved in this case. And if a Non EU involve in this case, HO will not return your passport until the interview to see if it was not a MOc to clear the EU from immigration law. And if it is the EU can be arrested.
When did you came to the country and when have you been living in UK, all this depends on the kind of suspicious HO will have. Anyway I am just advising you and if you know better, you shouldn’t have asked from the forum.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello guys! I apologies if my manner of my reply wasn't acceptable but I am quiet stressed at the moment! So the thing is I am from Hungary and living here for more than 3 years and working full-time! I am also living with my husband for the last 3 years who is from the Eastern part of Africa! I do not know the reason of the interview however i think they suspect a marriage of convinience on the basis that we have different cultural backgrounds and we have an age difference of 10 years. However, we have nothing to fear feom the interview as we are a genuine couple in love, with nothing to hide. My husband also has a clear immigration history! I can tell you more about the interview after tomorrow! I am just worried about my passport as I really have to fly back to my home country on Friday because of family emergency! That's why I am so upset! I don't know if Home Office can feel the sorrow of the applicants and the impacts of their decision they have on family's life! :(:(:(

Thank you for your conments anyway, they are all very useful!

Once again, I do apologise if I offended anyone! I did not mean it!
Thanks

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi szandi1990,

When my EEA wife requested her passport, She got within 10 days from request.