ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Set M) - issue and processing time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ORafi
Newly Registered

ILR (Set M) - issue and processing time

Post by ORafi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 am

Hi everyone,
I would greatly appreciate some advice.

I applied for the ILR under Set (M) by post on 24th Jan 2012. I recieved the acknowledgement letter and the money was deducted from my account the following week. Unfortunately i submitted an outdated form (version 04/11 instead of 10/11) and on 24th Feb i got a letter from UKBA asking me to submit the correct form within 21 days to the Liverpool address (PO Box 306, L2 0QN). I submitted the new form on 28th Feb by first class post - and according to Royal Mail they recieved it on 29th Feb 2012.

since they changed the process and form for all applications after the 29th of Feb I submitted both versions of the form (10/11 and 02/12) so there wouldnt be any confusion.

it has now been over 8 weeks since i submitted the second application (12 weeks since original application). and i am getting nervous as i have not heard back from them yet.

My husband is a British national by birth and i am from Pakistan. We got married in 2009 and i have lived in the UK for 2 years 3 months now. I am employed full time in London and so is my husband and we have recently bought our own place here as well. We submitted ALL required documents including salary slips, employment letters, bank statements etc.

The question is ... how can i be sure that they have even recieved my second form as they never sent me an acknowledgement for the second form. when i call them up they day that they cant give me an update unless its been pending for 6 months! We really need our passports back and i was under the impression straight forward cases like ours just take 4 to 5 weeks to process...

In summary:
Original application: 24 Jan 2012
Recieved letter from UKBA notifying of incorrect form: 24 Feb 2012
Sent new application from : 28 Feb 2012
...... waiting since...

ANY advice/help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks!

shabaz1298
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (Set M) - issue and processing time

Post by shabaz1298 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:30 pm

ORafi wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied for the ILR under Set (M) by post on 24th Jan 2012. I recieved the acknowledgement letter and the money was deducted from my account the following week. Unfortunately i submitted an outdated form (version 04/11 instead of 10/11) and on 24th Feb i got a letter from UKBA asking me to submit the correct form within 21 days to the Liverpool address (PO Box 306, L2 0QN). I submitted the new form on 28th Feb by first class post - and according to Royal Mail they recieved it on 29th Feb 2012.

since they changed the process and form for all applications after the 29th of Feb I submitted both versions of the form (10/11 and 02/12) so there wouldnt be any confusion.

it has now been over 8 weeks since i submitted the second application (12 weeks since original application). and i am getting nervous as i have not heard back from them yet.

My husband is a British national by birth and i am from Pakistan. We got married in 2009 and i have lived in the UK for 2 years 3 months now. I am employed full time in London and so is my husband and we have recently bought our own place here as well. We submitted ALL required documents including salary slips, employment letters, bank statements etc.

The question is ... how can i be sure that they have even recieved my second form as they never sent me an acknowledgement for the second form. when i call them up they day that they cant give me an update unless its been pending for 6 months! We really need our passports back and i was under the impression straight forward cases like ours just take 4 to 5 weeks to process...

In summary:
...... waiting since...

Many thanks!

i have exactly the same experience
i apply with old version SetM 02/2011 on 21/02/2012 and everything done same week. but in March received another letter with new set form that complete and set it back i sent it 13/03/2012

one thing make me worried that first letter i received from Sheffield different Ref No.
the second letter i received from Liverpool with different Ref No.
is same with you

plz share with us

waiting

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes the letter they sent was from the Liverpool office (L2 0QN) - it was a bit confusing but i mailed it to the Liverpol office and they recieved it. i did not get an acknowledgement for this application but I am sure they recieved it.

How much longer do you think we have to wait now? i sent second form on the 28th of Feb so technically i dont think i need to go through the biometrics stuff... i havent recieved any letter to say anything about biometrics either.

its been 9 weeks now since second form - how much longer!?

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:53 pm

OShabaz and Rafi

You both dont need to be worry since they have got your money and ask you to send an updated form your application will be treated as normal, because everybody make mistakes including UKBA, so Caseworker have trained to use discretion on application form welther is the old or new version as long as he or she understand your claim on the form and you submitted all necessary document and full fee had been paid. Infact am of the opinion that your application is fine, that is why you did not hear from them again so be expecting your ILR. And if you feel more worries you can take matter to your MP to help you to comfirm the situation of things with UKBA.
nothing united in United Nation.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:07 pm

I dont think you can do anything other than wait for atleast 6 months before you can make any enquiries.

planetman123
Newly Registered

Post by planetman123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Its really frustrating, they managed to take money out from the old form but they couldn't process the application with the same form, then it takes them 1 good month to tell you about the old form, you then send the form back you still don't get an acknowledgement letter to be rest assured your application was received and its safe.

And in regards to the biometric thingy I don't feel you should have to do it because your application was previously received before the new law came into place. (well you never can tell they might say you should because, the new form you filled would have obviously asked you about the biometric and your answer to that question (section) might determine if you might need to get your biometric done or not).

On the final note, good news or rather a decision isn't far any longer as Liverpool is said to be the decision house. Fingers crossed and good luck.

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 am

thanks for the replies everyone - its good to know there are some people out there you can talk to. (everyone i talk to outside gives me grief about not going for the face to face application! MISTAKES HAPPEN! ugh)

Frustrating is an understatement actually... in the days of the internet and phones we are relying on postal correspondence for the smallest of things.

all i can do now i guess is pray that I get it back soon. *fingers crossed*

will keep you all updated. thanks again! :)

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 am

In summary:
...... waiting since...

Many thanks!
Hello

Need your help. Did they send you only letter to submit the new version of application form or did they send all other documents back. I have submitted my application form on 16 sep 2012 and now somebody told me that they have changed the form on 15th sep. Now I am very worried. Please help me.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 pm

anki2003 wrote:

In summary:
...... waiting since...

Many thanks!
Hello

Need your help. Did they send you only letter to submit the new version of application form or did they send all other documents back. I have submitted my application form on 16 sep 2012 and now somebody told me that they have changed the form on 15th sep. Now I am very worried. Please help me.

When did you send your application?
If you send it any date on or before 15/09/2012 you are ok because postage date is the day UKBA consider for receipt of application not the actual date they receive physically provided is post through Post Office. But 16/09/2012 is Sunday or do you use private courier .
nothing united in United Nation.

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 pm

sufferhead wrote:
anki2003 wrote:

In summary:
...... waiting since...

Many thanks!
Hello

When did you send your application?
If you send it any date on or before 15/09/2012 you are ok because postage date is the day UKBA consider for receipt of application not the actual date they receive physically provided is post through Post Office. But 16/09/2012 is Sunday or do you use private courier .

Post office date is 19.09.2012, yesterday. But I did not know about new form. Will it create problem.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 am

Read Applications made within 21 days of specification of a form.

And, don't delete your posts after receiving the answers to your queries.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 am

sushdmehta wrote:Read Applications made within 21 days of specification of a form.

And, don't delete your posts after receiving the answers to your queries.
Thanks dear. It means my form is valid.