ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aphid
Newly Registered
United States of America

delayed CoA

Post by aphid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Just an update on delayed Certificates of Application - I called last week to ask about my application. It had been received on 6 July, making Friday 10 weeks since they received it. The woman I spoke with was unable to tell me anything except that it hadn't even been started yet. I pointed out to her that Reg 17 Section 3 of the 2006 Immigration Rules says they're required to "immediately" issue a certificate of application upon receipt. She came very close to laughing as she told me that issuing a CoA immediately would have been ridiculous. She then gave me a non-working email address to complain to.

Gee. Anyone might think they didn't want us here.

lamtoro
Newly Registered

Re: the same here

Post by lamtoro » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:34 pm

zubby007 wrote:
lamtoro wrote:
zubby007 wrote:
azdino7 wrote:Hi guys so far my timeline is
EEA sent 28 march
HO received 29 march
COA:02 may
RC : ???????????????????
i need my partner eea national passport back ..how i do that and how long its take ???
thnx

Call HO and ask for your EEA passport return, normally it takes up to 10 days.
what a stress mate,
here my timeline,
EEA2 sent 29 march
HO received 30 march
COA: 17 JULY
RC?????????
never called UBA for updates
:oops: :oops: :oops:

You will be fine mate.
hi guys ! i got my R.C this morning . thank god
Good luck to everybody who is still waiting your turn will come pretty soon.

my timeline
EEA 2 sent 28/03/2012
HO received 29/03/2012
COA ........17/07/ 2012..issued after more than 3months
RC TODAY 17/09/ 2012
never called for any updates.

IN GOD WE'll continue to believe.

Adel123
Newly Registered

Re: Call them and ask for COA Adel

Post by Adel123 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks a lot

I called them today, their response was that we received it but still not processed (standard reply) and if you need COA for some reason you have to send a letter to UKBA European Case Team PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN

I just posted a letter to this address and will keep calling them everyday from now.

cheers

Adel

amie1231 wrote:
Adel123 wrote:no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

EEA2 received by UKBA 19/06/2012
COA ---
RC ---
My EEA2 application was also received by HO on 18/06/2012 through my solicitor.I phone them many times for the past two weeks and just on last Friday 14/09/2012 when I phoned the lady told me she has made a request on the her computer for one to be posted and I should receive it within the next 5 working days so I am expecting to receive it from tomorrow Monday to Friday this week.I will post here again with my timeline when I receive it.

I suggest strongly it's worths it to phone them for your COA Adel

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:03 am

Adel123 wrote:Thanks a lot

I called them today, their response was that we received it but still not processed (standard reply) and if you need COA for some reason you have to send a letter to UKBA European Case Team PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN

I just posted a letter to this address and will keep calling them everyday from now.

cheers

Adel

amie1231 wrote:
Adel123 wrote:no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

EEA2 received by UKBA 19/06/2012
COA ---
RC ---
My EEA2 application was also received by HO on 18/06/2012 through my solicitor.I phone them many times for the past two weeks and just on last Friday 14/09/2012 when I phoned the lady told me she has made a request on the her computer for one to be posted and I should receive it within the next 5 working days so I am expecting to receive it from tomorrow Monday to Friday this week.I will post here again with my timeline when I receive it.

I suggest strongly it's worths it to phone them for your COA Adel
I thought COA's were generated automatically :S so we have to actually request for a COA? I will also send a letter out to them today. Its almost going to be 2 months that I made my EEA2 application.
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

craxy1102 wrote:
I thought COA's were generated automatically :S so we have to actually request for a COA? I will also send a letter out to them today. Its almost going to be 2 months that I made my EEA2 application.
Please, craxy1102: let us know when you will receive you CoA. That is stressful, At first I had to wait for 3 months to know that I had to send more evidence (in normal circumstances these will be enough) 11 weeks they take to ask me that, and now I have been waiting for 6 weeks more... Good look for everyone!

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Sent the letter out, requesting a COA.
Will try to call them on Tuesday/Wednesday
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi pal may I know what more evidence they asked for.I applied with my marriage certificate,my EEA wife's pay slips up to date and employment contract and our Son's Birth cert if that's okay.
el_fer wrote:
craxy1102 wrote:
Please, craxy1102: let us know when you will receive you CoA. That is stressful, At first I had to wait for 3 months to know that I had to send more evidence (in normal circumstances these will be enough) 11 weeks they take to ask me that, and now I have been waiting for 6 weeks more... Good look for everyone!
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

SRE

new immigration rule

Post by SRE » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 pm

hi guys,

I am a non EEA citizen who already have 5 years RC. I am here cos i have a friend who want to apply for RC. She ask me about the new immigration rule. in this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig
it mention about minimum income threshold for sponsoring is £18600.
I want to ask whether the regulations has now applied in visa process? and if anyone of you guys apply for RC recently, at least this august? maybe you can share your experience. it would be helpfull for my friend to know.

thx before

bdb303

Re: new immigration rule

Post by bdb303 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:55 pm

SRE wrote:hi guys,

I am a non EEA citizen who already have 5 years RC. I am here cos i have a friend who want to apply for RC. She ask me about the new immigration rule. in this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig
I want to ask whether the regulations has now applied in visa process? and if anyone of you guys apply for RC recently, at least this august? maybe you can share your experience. it would be helpfull for my friend to know.

thx before
That is only relevant if she is applying to stay in the UK as spouse of a UK national. If she applies as spouse of an EEA citizen (i.e. the EEA2 route), then there are no minimum income requirements, although obviously her spouse will need to be excercising his treaty rights (for instance, by having a job in the UK).

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Post by exclusivexx » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 pm

el_fer wrote:
craxy1102 wrote:
I have same story el_fer I have sent my application on 2nd of July, after calling them 10 times and sending mail requesting my CoA, finally on 13th of September I've got all document back requesting for more evidence, resubmitted an application on 18th of September, now will wait another 4 weeks, and will start to call them again.... As I understood, that as more are u calling and writing them, the fastest u gonna receive the reply and CoA and RC :!:

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Post by exclusivexx » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

amie1231 wrote:Hi pal may I know what more evidence they asked for.I applied with my marriage certificate,my EEA wife's pay slips up to date and employment contract and our Son's Birth cert if that's okay.
el_fer wrote:
craxy1102 wrote:
In my case, at first time I have sent as well my spouse pay slips and contract of employment, and they returned my document as it was not enough for a case worker, and they requested as well letter of employment as well. But for me it's not make any sense as letter of employment and contract of employment same things, I believe it was just a reason to refuse my application :cry:

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm

exclusivexx wrote:
amie1231 wrote:Hi pal may I know what more evidence they asked for.I applied with my marriage certificate,my EEA wife's pay slips up to date and employment contract and our Son's Birth cert if that's okay.
el_fer wrote:
craxy1102 wrote:
In my case, at first time I have sent as well my spouse pay slips and contract of employment, and they returned my document as it was not enough for a case worker, and they requested as well letter of employment as well. But for me it's not make any sense as letter of employment and contract of employment same things, I believe it was just a reason to refuse my application :cry:
Hello guys. When the application was refused, they had requested for a legal translation of the cerficate of marriage and replacing my wife´s passport because it was expired (We sent the application 2.5 months before her passport will had expired) Ok. We are 6 weeks waiting now.... In total 4.5 months from the first application.... There are no words to describe that... The patience could be the most value of humanity!

onthemoon
Newly Registered

HI Mate,did u call after receiving ur COA.thanks

Post by onthemoon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:34 pm

memomoe wrote:Here is my timeline.
I like to share it especially with May applicants.

EEA2 Sent - 17/05
HO Received - 18/05
COA - 30/07
RC - Arrived 17/08 Dated 09/08

Honestly I did not expect to receive my RC so early, because it took me almost 2.5 month to get my COA.

Acutually I called in for inquiring my COA twice.
On the first phonecall (4 weeks passed after I sent my application), they said to wait more. On the second (almost 2 months passed), this operator said, "Oh, that's late. I am making a COA request for you." And then he processed with his computer, and COA arrived two weeks later.

So it could be one way to remind them of your application.

onthemoon
Newly Registered

Re: HI Mate,did u call after receiving ur COA.thanks

Post by onthemoon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 pm

onthemoon wrote:
memomoe wrote:Here is my timeline.
I like to share it especially with May applicants.

EEA2 Sent - 17/05
HO Received - 18/05
COA - 30/07
RC - Arrived 17/08 Dated 09/08

Honestly I did not expect to receive my RC so early, because it took me almost 2.5 month to get my COA.

Acutually I called in for inquiring my COA twice.
On the first phonecall (4 weeks passed after I sent my application), they said to wait more. On the second (almost 2 months passed), this operator said, "Oh, that's late. I am making a COA request for you." And then he processed with his computer, and COA arrived two weeks later.

Hi Mate did u call them after receiving ur COA ? Thanks

So it could be one way to remind them of your application.

dardanzeka
Newly Registered

Post by dardanzeka » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:47 pm

About COA
They tell u to send a letter in but u dnt have to,woman on the phone should put a request for it or u can ask if ur application has been validated,thats what happened with me as well,i spend 12 £ for nothing and i received the COA before they got my letter,After 5 weeks i rang them every day asking them about information until a woman told me they have sent it out with 2nd class and i received it after 3 days.adter that i didnt call them anymore,just once for my wife's passport
my timeline
30/07 application sent
31/07 received by HO
14/09 COA arrived issued 11/09(exact day what they said on the phone)

flashware

Post by flashware » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:33 am

I've still not received my RC yet, have another month to go before I can start chasing them up.

My wife was speaking with a colleague of hers at work, who has his wife also applying for an RC and theirs has hit 7 months now. I found it interesting that they are using a solicitor to deal with it, who followed up and was told that due to the Olympics there are delays and because of that, it's acceptable.

I told them that no, it's past 6 months and EU law dictates it must be resolved by then.

Just adding the info fora point of reference and happy to be corrected if people think otherwise!
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

angel25
Sri Lanka

Thank you forum members

Post by angel25 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 am

I received my RC this morning.Massive thank you for all the members .gurus,and everyonelse.could'nt have done with out you.I applied as unmarried partner and we didnt prove two year co-habitation.only year and five months at the time i sent application on may.special thank you to obie.all the best for everyone.
EEA2 SENT-14/05/12
EMAIL ASKING COA 25/06/12
COA RECEIVED-07/07/12 DATED 04/07/12
EMAIL SENT ASKING FOR A UPDATE ON 10/09/12
RC RECEIVED 22/09/12 dated 14/09/12
all the best guys.dont stop believing.Thank you Jesus GOD ALMIGHTY.... :D

amie1231

Re: Thank you forum members

Post by amie1231 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 pm

hi pal congratulations!!May I ask what email address did you use to enquire about application please?
angel25 wrote:I received my RC this morning.Massive thank you for all the members .gurus,and everyonelse.could'nt have done with out you.I applied as unmarried partner and we didnt prove two year co-habitation.only year and five months at the time i sent application on may.special thank you to obie.all the best for everyone.
EEA2 SENT-14/05/12
EMAIL ASKING COA 25/06/12
COA RECEIVED-07/07/12 DATED 04/07/12
EMAIL SENT ASKING FOR A UPDATE ON 10/09/12
RC RECEIVED 22/09/12 dated 14/09/12
all the best guys.dont stop believing.Thank you Jesus GOD ALMIGHTY.... :D
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm

SRE

Post by SRE » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 pm

bdb303 wrote:
SRE wrote:hi guys,

thx before
That is only relevant if she is applying to stay in the UK as spouse of a UK national. If she applies as spouse of an EEA citizen (i.e. the EEA2 route), then there are no minimum income requirements, although obviously her spouse will need to be excercising his treaty rights (for instance, by having a job in the UK).
hi bdb303,

thx for your reply. so you mean this regulation is only for non EEA who married with british national. for non EEA who married with EEA national there is no minimum income treshold as long as they have treaty right and have a job in uk?

Yasf

Re: Coa

Post by Yasf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Yasf wrote:my timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 2/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 3/07/2012
COA: Still waiting
RC: Still waiting ...

So well, ppl who applied in July haven't received their COA yet

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Re: Coa

Post by exclusivexx » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 am

Yasf wrote:
Yasf wrote:my timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 2/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 3/07/2012
COA: Still waiting
RC: Still waiting ...

So well, ppl who applied in July haven't received their COA yet
Hi Yasf, I have applied at the same day as u, but because was calling and writing to them, got my document back and was asked to send some more details, so there is a progress on July's application, in my case it was ridiculous from them to ask for some more evidence, cause it was enough what I have send to them, but I have already re-submitted an application once again. Unless u try u might wait another month or more, cause I know that there are cases that people didn't get their CoA at all withing 4-6 months :(

onthemoon
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 RECEIVED!!!

Post by onthemoon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 pm

gerlof wrote:In the nick of time the EEA

EEA2 sent 14 February 2012
HO received 15 Feb
COA received 14 Mar
Home Office in breach of EU Laws: 14 August
RC issue date: 12 August
RC received: 16 August

Send formal complaint: 14 August - Got response same day from senior case worker to say she had send it the same day (Makes me wonder if it was ready for some time already and they just keep hold of it?)

Hi Mate,Did u send them complaint through e-mail ? Which e-mail did u used ? thanks

bdb303

Post by bdb303 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am

hi bdb303,

thx for your reply. so you mean this regulation is only for non EEA who married with british national. for non EEA who married with EEA national there is no minimum income treshold as long as they have treaty right and have a job in uk?
Yes that's correct.

WenSquare
Newly Registered

Post by WenSquare » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 am

My EEA2 application was sent on 10th Aug and received by UKBA on 13th Aug. It's been 6 weeks now and i haven't received the COA yet.

I called them just now and the lady on the phone told me that they're still validating my application and it's been taking some time lately.

She said if I do wish to chase for the COA, I could send them letters in writing.

Seems it's been awfully slow lately.

:cry: