ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Secondment - HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rlrsr
Newly Registered

Secondment - HSMP

Post by rlrsr » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi,
I am not understanding what is mean by Secondment, Can any one please explain this. I am working in UK from last 1 year through Indian Company. I am confusing here Secondment means.

regards
rlrsr

pravtech

Post by pravtech » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:12 am

rlrsr,
It means your travel history..
sorry if m wrong..

thanx
Praveen

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:18 am

Secondment means:

You are employed with "A" company in "B" country, and sent to work in some other coutry "C" on depuation or a client company "D".

Hope I amable to explain.....

NNJ10

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:37 pm

Secondment is when your employer sends you to work overseas.
________
Free 250 gas gift cards
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miki

Is this rule still applies for new HSMP for seconded cases ?

Post by miki » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:37 am

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:22 pm Post subject: HSMP Change of Practice -Past Earnings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important webpage :-

Change of Practice to Consideration of Past Earnings Where Applicants have been Seconded Overseas
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rant0.html

Is this rule still applies for new HSMP for seconded cases ???????

londoneye
Newly Registered

Post by londoneye » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Under the new HSMP rules, what if someone has been seconded overseas. My sister has been sent to Uk by her company to work on a project. She is working in the Uk for the past 7 months and gets her salary paid in pounds. Before that she was working in India and was getting paid in Rupees. What country code will be applicable in her case?
Thanks in advance for your help.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 pm

hi londoneye,

my guess is, since she is here for 7 months (majority period of 12 months), she may have to put country code as UK. Anyway, please double check the relevant documentation to be sure.

miki

What if during Seconded, getting salary in India

Post by miki » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:10 pm

What if during Seconded, getting salary in India and only some expenses in UK which are not the part of Salary at all.

On salary slips in India, amt mentioned is same as was before coming to UK.

In this case India is the country for earnings / UK ? ( I am here from last 6.5 months on WP and working with same comp and getting same salary in India)

Please senior memeber answer this query.

As per my last post on this topic. There was some announcement from HO in 2005 for these kind of cases.

Just want to ask, is same criteria applies now ?

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:15 am

If your earning in UK consists of payment including tax & NI, then you can use this earning for HSMP.

Otherwise, if you get "allowance" (as in some Indian IT companies), you can't show it as UK earning - you need to use your Indian salary.

Hope it clears any doubt.

miki

don't have any NI and also not paying tax in UK

Post by miki » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:50 am

Hello rlrsr,

Thanks for this info.

Don't have NI no. and also not paying any tax in UK.

So it means, I will only show Indian salary and Earnings Band will be India as D. Right ?

Raj

nayan
Newly Registered

Seconded in UK for last 2 years

Post by nayan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 am

Hi All, I have been reading this forum frequently, and acknowledge the fact that this forum is doing a great job all who need help on HSMP.

I noticed my situation is well linked with this thread, I would request all experts to please advise me how should I present my case.

1. I hold masters degree (getting NARIC) and is 31 year old - so hoping to get 35 + 5 points in these sections. I hope to get rest of the points in previous earnings section.

2. For previous earnings:
- I've been seconded to UK for last 2 years in parent company and still working for the same company. My salary is continued to be paid in India and I get allowances in UK.
- I don't file any tax return in India as my Indian employer has employed PwC as tax consultants - who advised that I do not need to file a return in India because of Dual Tax Avoidance Agreement.
- Although I file tax return in UK - which only have my UK allowances displayed on that.

Now my query is which of following income band should I apply for?
a) UK band and Indian Salary + UK allowances
- As for evidence wage slips + Indian bank statement and
- Allowance slips + UK bank statements
- Any other ideas?

b) India Band and Indian Salary only
- As for evidence I've no Indian tax return - but I can get on letter headed paper from employer why I don't have a tax return

c) Any other option?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Additional Info:
In Sep 2006 I applied for HSMP - because I could not provide detailed references from my employer - other than a simple letter showing my joining date and position held. This was not accepted by HO and they did not award me any points for the experience. Result - my application was rejected.

Thanks again

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:58 am

Annex C:

39) If you have been seconded overseas during the last 15 months and your salary continues to be paid in the normal manner overseas, the country where you have been seconded to and working would normally be considered. In order for us to establish which country code to consider your earnings against you will need to provide evidence of where you have been working and where your salary has been paid for the 12-month period you wish us to consider.

40) If you are living and working in a country but having your income paid into a bank account in another country your income will be considered against the country code where you are living and working.
________
HELP LOVE
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:20 pm

Important webpage :-

Change of Practice to Consideration of Past Earnings Where Applicants have been Seconded Overseas

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rant0.html

Is this still applies to new Rules ? ..Senior memeber / exp. member, please advice.

miki

Post by miki » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:58 pm

Any Help about query..Anybody ???

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Miki,

As far as I know they now only measure your income against the country in which you work. Previously this was a bit of a loop-hole which is probably why they closed it.
________
Sex Rehab Forums
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha

Am I Seconded?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:23 pm

Dear Member,

I am an employer of Indian Company and working in UK on their projects. I am paid salary in UK and no part of salary is paid in India.

Am I seconded? Can I apply within secondment category here?

Please reply asap.

Thanks

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:14 am

"For example, an Australian citizen working for Citicorp in New York is seconded to Citicorp Malawi for six months to advise on audit controls. His permanent post remains with Citicorp New York, he continues to receive his USA salary and an overseas allowance. His income level remains that of someone working in the USA and therefore the USA income thresholds are the appropriate country codes to consider."

From: http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rant0.html

I was employed in Hexaware India but now I am in Hexaware UK on an onsite appointment. What should be my condition taking above as an example? Above example says my earnings will be considered against India, not UK. Please enlighten me.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 am

chetanojha:

It doesn't matter if you are 'seconded' or not, it's country code A for you.

hsmp28122006:

The link you posted is very old, it no longer applies. It's country code A for you too.
________
Chevrolet Cavalier Specifications
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miki

Post by miki » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 pm

hsmp28122006,

I think your application is approved. Is your case is related to seconded ?

If yes, share your experience.

Any successful/failure candidate related to this kind of seconded for new rules ??

"For example, an Australian citizen working for Citicorp in New York is seconded to Citicorp Malawi for six months to advise on audit controls. His permanent post remains with Citicorp New York, he continues to receive his USA salary and an overseas allowance. His income level remains that of someone working in the USA and therefore the USA income thresholds are the appropriate country codes to consider."

Please reply, if you/your friends have experience about this for new rules.

On the basis of guidance, please don't answer.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 am

Mine is already approved under out-country application, I was not on any secondment, I had posted above enq on behalf of my friend. Anyway, above url is for old rule, so ignore that.