ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Submission London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BroMo
Newly Registered

OCI Submission London

Post by BroMo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 am

Hi All,

We are finally ready to apply for OCI's for the family.

I am going down to London on Monday to submit for myself, my parents, my wife and child and my father in law.

I am coming on the train and will be in London for 8 in the morning and have booked the 4.15 train back. and just wondered from those of you who have visited HCI in the last few days what the queues and processing times are like. Reason why I am coming at 8, is that I think one of the applications might not be accepted so will submit PIO instead.

Appreciate your responses.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:09 am

Hi,

Here is the link for some detailed experience by user_uk posted on other thread.

From my recent experience, I have been at the embassy between 10:30-11:00 AM and there are around 40 people before me and I was out by 4PM. As you are reaching by 8AM, if you can get to the embassy by 9AM, you will be one of the earliest ones in the queue and hopefully can get out between 2-3.

BroMo
Newly Registered

Post by BroMo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks Manoj,

is it quite clear in terms of queueing for either the PIO or the OCI?

My plan is to go to PIO Desk first for my father who only has has:
1, An Affidavit for his surrendered indian passport as he has lost his surrender letter from the UK Home office.
2, His High School Certificate from India.
3, His Naturilsation Certificate

And ask them if they will accept documents for his OCI if they say yes then queue up for OCI to submit application for everyone if they so no the submit PIO for my father and then queue up for OCI Ticket.

Any recommendations for this?

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

Unfortunately I cannot be of much help regarding moving between counters. People at HCI-London as the rudest bunch..hopefully you have a good experience.

1. Before standing at the queue, I enquired the security person at the door who is sitting inside the door if there are any photobooths inside in a most pleasant way. I simply got a 'first you get out'. Nothing more. :)

2. One of the lady at the counter was shouting (sorry barking) so loud that I could hear all about the missing documents in their application. She shouted at people for missing evidence and did not even spare old people. She will bark at people who got 2 sets of photocopies as listed at the back of the application. She needs only 1 set.

all the best

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

duplicate content. deleted

BroMo
Newly Registered

Post by BroMo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks for your help Manoj.

Now to give everyone an update of my day trip to the HCI.

Well the day arrived and went yesterday (Monday 24th) and I had a 40% success rate (My Wifes and Sons applications) (Mine, and My Parents were refuse). (Hopefully, will only know properly once it’s granted for the 2).

I arrived at 0830 outside the HCI the queue was about one and half line long outside the embassy, people were getting the tokens for PIO, Passport Services, Consular Services etc (NOT OCI thats supposed to start at 1230). It was absolutely chucking it down with rain but thankfully they have the covers out that covers the first line and I brought my own big umbrella as well.

As soon as I joined the queue I saw someone jump the queue right at the front and there was a little punch up going on. Very entertaining but totally unwarranted. I can understand by the HCI staff act the way they do sometimes when the public act like that.

Anyway got my token for the PIO as had to submit my fathers I was number 9 for that service which was good. Got inside pass the security. (Had 2 closed bags on me, one with documents and one with snacks and lunch for the day as was expecting a looong day, but they were not checked!!). Anyway went inside and sat down it was about 0900 and starting chatting to a nice fellow called Hasesh , it passed the time. The PIO counter opened on time at 0930 and there was just one lady processing them but on average it took her about 5 minutes for each token.

I got to the counter at around 10:20. She was quite friendly as I asked her I would actually like to apply for my fathers OCI, but if these documents are not sufficient for that then PIO will do (I cam prepared with both applications). She was good and explained why she could not accept my documents for my father for either PIO or OCI. I Had the following:

1, British Passport
2, Naturlisation Document
3, Notarised Affidavit for loss of Indian Passport Surrender letter from UK Home Office in 1984.
4. Indian School Certficate notarised in India.

She explained although the School Certficate is notarised, as it is a recent copy it has to be stamped by a first class indian magistrate. This is why it will not be accepted for PIO and you would need more evidence such as a Nativity Certificate for OCI if you have no more documents such as Birth Certficate or Cancelled Indian Passport.

I then proceeded to show her my other OCI Document for my mother who had more evidence including her fathers Indian Passport. But her birth certificate was again a notarised copy and not stamped by a indian Magistrate so won’t be accepted. She then spotted my mothers marriage certificate which showed her maiden name and fathers name and she said it might be accepted by OCI Department but they only arrive at 1330 into the office.

That was fine so I collected my things and went outside to queue again for the OCI token. (Roughly around 1025) The queue was already started and I got token number 27 which was not too bad. They only started issuing the token at around 12:10 (Which was earlier than the 12:30 stated time) by 12:20 the queue was massive with about 90 tokens issued)

I went out of the HCI and went to a local coffee shop for a break as the OCI counter only opens at 1330. Now there are 2 counters for OCI so looking at how PIO applicants were being process at 1 every 5 minutes, I thought they will be processing 2 tokens every 5 minutes or so at a maximum as it is a longer process meaning my turn will be around 14:30 ish.

I came back at 1330 just in case they opened the counters early, but they opened bang on 1330. The Counters shutters opened but no tokens were called as they just setting up but people still approached the counters and one of the Counter staff shouted at them to sit down in Hindi, quite rudely I must say. But I can understand why they might get like that if this happens to them every day. i.e. They are trying to set up the counters and people come and disturb then when there token isn’t even called yet. I think if the public respected the rules a bit more maybe the staff will mellow a little and be more helpful.

Anyway. I got seen at around 1415ish. (In the interim I did see some Agents attending the counter and processing quite a few applications, although this is not allowed, but I think HCI allows them as they know the agents!!!, its not right really)

Went in, The counter staff was not rude per se but very quick in asking what he wanted. I showed him my mother s application and he confirmed, cant accept it as no magistrate stamp on Mothers Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate is not enough proof to link Mother to her Fathers Indian Passport. This meant that I could not submit my own application as that link was broken. That was fine.

So then submitted my Wifes and Sons as. We had my Wifes Fathers cancelled Indian Passport, his surrender certificate, uk Passport etc and my wifes birth certificate which linked the Indian Origin. These two applications were processed very quickly less than 10 minutes and I was out of there with my Acknowledgement slip by 1430.

So there we have it. I think I know exactly what is required now for my parents OCI applications, but can only do that in India. Will wait and see how long it takes for my wife and sons OCI to come through.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm

BroMo wrote:=
So then submitted my Wifes and Sons as. We had my Wifes Fathers cancelled Indian Passport, his surrender certificate, uk Passport etc and my wifes birth certificate which linked the Indian Origin. These two applications were processed very quickly less than 10 minutes and I was out of there with my Acknowledgement slip by 1430.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in detail. this certainly helps. can you please let me know the documents needed for OCI as I will be applying soon for daughter, wife and muself.

thanks in advance.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 am

manyaonisland wrote:
BroMo wrote:=
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in detail. this certainly helps. can you please let me know the documents needed for OCI as I will be applying soon for daughter, wife and muself.

thanks in advance.
Hi Manyaonisland

See the link below it is much better than the HCI London website.
http://ticklingtigers.wordpress.com/
Gives all information for surrender and OCI.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 pm

rentmeda wrote: Hi Manyaonisland

See the link below it is much better than the HCI London website.
http://ticklingtigers.wordpress.com/
Gives all information for surrender and OCI.
Hey Brilliant! thanks for that.
So 'rentmeda' have you applied for OCI already ?
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:49 pm

No waiting for Original Indian passports to be returned by IPS.
Hoping to get them back this week, then one last push to Surrender and OCI.

mahetus1

OCI application only for minor

Post by mahetus1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 pm

I am applying for my son who is minor.

No other family member applying with him.

PART B: On question 23* first applicant need to sign. Should I sign there on his behalf? Obviously I will sign in 24** as well. I have got his thumb impression on signature box in PART A.

Thanks in advance.