ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sjkumar
Newly Registered

Naturalization after ILR

Post by sjkumar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 pm

My query is I have had my ILR on 12th Sep.2012 done.

Since we can apply for ILR 28 days before the existing Tier1 visa.

So does that mean I will be eligible to apply for naturalization on 12th Sep.2013 or will be it october 2013.

Since I am holding my ILR from Sep.12 for 12 months till Sep.13.How does the period work.

Can anyone clarify about it .

shoei13
Newly Registered

Post by shoei13 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes you can apply now but make sure that 5 years ago in september the date you apply you were in this country

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 pm

shoei13 wrote:Yes you can apply now but make sure that 5 years ago in september the date you apply you were in this country
How?
sjkumar wrote:I have had my ILR on 12th Sep.2012 done.

OP, see Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Naturalization after ILR

Post by noble72uk » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

sjkumar wrote:My query is I have had my ILR on 12th Sep.2012 done.

Since we can apply for ILR 28 days before the existing Tier1 visa.

So does that mean I will be eligible to apply for naturalization on 12th Sep.2013 or will be it october 2013.

Since I am holding my ILR from Sep.12 for 12 months till Sep.13.How does the period work.

Can anyone clarify about it .
1- You can apply on 12th Sep.2013.

but If you are married to a BC you can apply from tomorrow

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:36 pm

sjkumar wrote:Do we need to photo copy our documents when we go to meet in the NCS centre for naturalization.

Also can anyone clarify what does this mean.

For Section5(Referees and Identity) please write your name and date of birth on the reverse of your photograph.You should then ask one of your referees to confirm the photograph is a true likeness of you below where you have written your details.

Please use glue to attach your photograph to section 5 of your form,as paperclips and staples are not secure.

can anyone explain what does mean
nionlight wrote:I am also wondering what that is! UKBA again proves they are just crap in providing instruction. They ask for writing name and date of birth on picture and then ask to glue it. How on earth dos it matter if some one write name or not if the photo is glued?

Also on previous application, they said to staple and in the new one they say to glue it. They just don't know what they are talking about...
london90210 wrote:I imagine its so they know which form the picture belongs to if it falls off in the office.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.