ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deffered saying security reason..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalpitsom

ILR PEO deffered saying security reason..

Post by kalpitsom » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:29 am

Hi guys,

I would be really grateful if somebody could help me to understand what do they (ukba) mean by saying "security reason"???

This is the case of one of my friend. He went to Croydon PEO for ILR (HSMP + Tier 1) few days ago. The lady caseworker said the application and the documents are fine but she couldn't get the security clearance that day, and so she is holding his application with all the supporting documents. She has handed over him a letter saying "you application is valid but needs further inquiry so forwarded to the inquiry team".

He also asked the lady if it was because of IT problem, she replied 'no'. Now he is really worried as he never ever has had any spent/unspent convictions and no absence at all.

So can anybody help to understand what might be the reason behind.

Thanks for your time.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: ILR PEO deffered saying security reason..

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:38 am

kalpitsom wrote: So can anybody help to understand what might be the reason behind.
Yes, let's each of us make a guess and perhaps there can be a prize for whoever eventually gets the closest. Joking aside, you are not even the subject of the discussion, so if you, his friend, don't know his circumstances then I don't see how others (strangers) can guess them.

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 am

thanks for the reply lucapooka.
I'm a silent viewer of this forum for a long time. may be its been already discussed somewhere in the forum but i have never seen the reason (security reason) like this in here before. so i thought its good to share with friends in the forum.
as far as i know the caseworker does the security clearance check and gets the report the same day unless there is any IT issue. moreover he (the applicant) has no convictions no driving offences so far. so i was just looking for a help to understand what else they check under security clearance .
And if anyone doesnt want to help on this he is free to ignore it, no need to make a joke of it pls, as someone is suffering and needs a help.
thanks

frey80

Post by frey80 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 pm

kalpitsom wrote:thanks for the reply lucapooka.
I'm a silent viewer of this forum for a long time. may be its been already discussed somewhere in the forum but i have never seen the reason (security reason) like this in here before. so i thought its good to share with friends in the forum.
as far as i know the caseworker does the security clearance check and gets the report the same day unless there is any IT issue. moreover he (the applicant) has no convictions no driving offences so far. so i was just looking for a help to understand what else they check under security clearance .
And if anyone doesnt want to help on this he is free to ignore it, no need to make a joke of it pls, as someone is suffering and needs a help.
thanks
i think..."security clearance" is probably an expression from the caseworker, which means it need senior caseworker to approve it or what

another reason i can probably think of is case worker need certain information which she doesn't has access to

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:31 pm

If they do CRB check to see if the applicant has any convictions or not that might affect the application, or that the applicant has claimed any benefits that he/she should not have, these might be classes as security checks as well ..

stokbrig

ILR PEO deffered saying security reason

Post by stokbrig » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Ozair wrote:If they do CRB check to see if the applicant has any convictions or not that might affect the application, or that the applicant has claimed any benefits that he/she should not have, these might be classes as security checks as well ..
If the main applicant or any dependant hold a passport issued from a country categorized as high risk country by UKBA, do you think this might affect the application? and might be classes as security checks as well!
Could any one holding a passport from one of these countries advise on this matter.
Thanks

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Since it is a guess work, I am guessing his 0 absence was too good to believe ?? How can one not leave the country even for a single day? well possible but first time hearing this!!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 pm

No body can guess, what this security issue is,to hold on to the application.Unless the applicant himself post his version of events,as to what exactly happened at Croydon. Then Experts in this forum can give their opininon. I can uderstand your feelings towards your friend.

Hope there is no delay in this matter and ends well.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 pm

The hint is in the original statement. 'security reason' - isn't that enough to stop the guessing game? They don't call it that for no funny reason.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

stokbrig

ILR security

Post by stokbrig » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:58 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:The hint is in the original statement. 'security reason' - isn't that enough to stop the guessing game? They don't call it that for no funny reason.
Secuirty clearance is required for all applicants apply for ILR but the question is how does UKBA 's vetting (checking) policy work?

stokbrig

Re: ILR PEO deffered saying security reason..

Post by stokbrig » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 am

kalpitsom wrote:Hi guys,

I would be really grateful if somebody could help me to understand what do they (ukba) mean by saying "security reason"???

This is the case of one of my friend. He went to Croydon PEO for ILR (HSMP + Tier 1) few days ago. The lady caseworker said the application and the documents are fine but she couldn't get the security clearance that day, and so she is holding his application with all the supporting documents. She has handed over him a letter saying "you application is valid but needs further inquiry so forwarded to the inquiry team".

He also asked the lady if it was because of IT problem, she replied 'no'. Now he is really worried as he never ever has had any spent/unspent convictions and no absence at all.

So can anybody help to understand what might be the reason behind.

Thanks for your time.
Any update!