ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

arjun rampal
Newly Registered

NEED HELP

Post by arjun rampal » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:30 pm

WHICH DOCUMENT FROM COMPANY HOUSE CAN WE USE AS EVIDENCE TO SHOW US AS A DIRECTOR OF COMPANY.
I formed my company as sole director month ago. now which document I need there to attach with my visa form

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 pm

i applied in the end of june (fund shown in uk a/c) i have not heard anything yet :(....so did anyone who applied in june got their visa??????

do anyone have a number to contact the home office ????

tier1enterpreneur

hi mili

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 pm

hello mili ukba will not be able to chase up your application unless its above 6 months. when i was last in touch with them they said due to a back log of lot of applications and due to being under staffed applications can take around 3-4 months n some may take upto 6 months too. hope this helps :) be positive : )
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

tier1enterpreneur

Help Mili.

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Also Mili could u please help me discussing if u showed u were self employed or director of your business. What documents u showed for contracts and advertisements. I would highly appreciate your help. thanks:)
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

sholibi2001
Newly Registered

Re: How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Post by sholibi2001 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:36 pm

[quote="memyselfandi"]Hello everybody,

I have started this new topic because I got my Entrepreneur visa approved today and I want to help anybody who wants to know something about my experience with which they can benefit.

I applied for Entrepreneur visa on £50,000 investment from within the UK, with my 3 dependents (husband and two children) switching from PSW visa.

My visa processing time is as follows:

Application made: 6th June 2012
Application received by home office: 7th June 2012
Fee taken from my credit card: 8th June 2012
Letter to register Biometric details send on 11th June 2012.
Letter received: 13th June 2012
There was a problem with one of the letters of my dependents, so I called them on 14th June 2012 on 08706067766 and also emailed them at appointmentexceptions @ homeoffice. gsi. gov. uk
New letter sent 20th June 2012. Biometric details sent the same day.
Home office contacted me about a problem with my evidence on maintenance funds on 27th June 2012, which I clarified. I was advised to send further evidence within 7 working days.
Evidence sent 28th June 2012.
Evidence received at home office: 29th June 2012 (Tracked on Royal Mail website)
Inquired to get acknowledgement of receipt of evidence at Home Office just to check the status of my application on 3rd July. I was told the evidence was received by the visa officer on that day and that he would check it in due course.
Visa approved 4th July 2012.
Approval letter and all my documents received today 9th July.
Biometric Residence Permits also received today just 1 hour after receipt of Approval Letter.

Overall time: approx 1 month.

Alhamdulillah I am soooo happy guys. I hope all your visas get approved as soon as possible so that you can be happy too.

I just want you to know if you are applying the same visa as me, and if you have any questions on exactly what documents to send, if you want to ask anything about Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa switched from PSW visa with dependents, I am very happy to help and share all my knowledge, because I want as many people as possible to succeed because I know what a big dream this is for all of us. All I need in return is a small prayer from you for me and my family for our future.

Take care. :

sholibi2001
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa

Post by sholibi2001 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

Am hoping to submit my application for Enterpreneur visa,but i just want to know if a Master's degree holder from UK need not to show English.Also what is the document that i need to show for my dependants.
Please,help..........Thanks

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Visa process timings

Post by crazy_ram » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 am

Hi Guys,
Is there anyone got Tier-1 (Entrepreneur) visa process done and received visas in last 2 weeks?
Please share if any one received visas or additional information request from case worker.

Thanks,
RAM

kswarriach
BANNED

Enterprenuer Team Visa

Post by kswarriach » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 pm

HI
I am going to apply for tier 1 enterprenuer visa soon.I have got few questions if you could plz help me.

I am going to apply for the company registration as ABC IT Soltuions Ltd.I will be the director.I will show my designation as IT Manager.So Please could you tell me does my Business and Designation fullfill the need of level 4 and Graduate job.I will be providing all types of IT services e.g SEO,Network solutions, software-hardware etc..

Can i show website homepage...just homepage ...no contact us page or services page of the website as proof for marketing of the Business.did you show just home page ...one print out of main page.?

Which on line advertisement website did you use ...can i use gumtree ad for my business marketing.

Please can you send me any clients contracts sample if you have any.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Ali

sidd27
Newly Registered

Post by sidd27 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:58 pm

memyselfandi wrote:Hello everybody,

I have started this new topic because I got my Entrepreneur visa approved today and I want to help anybody who wants to know something about my experience with which they can benefit.

I applied for Entrepreneur visa on £50,000 investment from within the UK, with my 3 dependents (husband and two children) switching from PSW visa.

My visa processing time is as follows:

Application made: 6th June 2012
Application received by home office: 7th June 2012
Fee taken from my credit card: 8th June 2012
Letter to register Biometric details send on 11th June 2012.
Letter received: 13th June 2012
There was a problem with one of the letters of my dependents, so I called them on 14th June 2012 on 08706067766 and also emailed them at appointmentexceptions @ homeoffice. gsi. gov. uk
New letter sent 20th June 2012. Biometric details sent the same day.
Home office contacted me about a problem with my evidence on maintenance funds on 27th June 2012, which I clarified. I was advised to send further evidence within 7 working days.
Evidence sent 28th June 2012.
Evidence received at home office: 29th June 2012 (Tracked on Royal Mail website)
Inquired to get acknowledgement of receipt of evidence at Home Office just to check the status of my application on 3rd July. I was told the evidence was received by the visa officer on that day and that he would check it in due course.
Visa approved 4th July 2012.
Approval letter and all my documents received today 9th July.
Biometric Residence Permits also received today just 1 hour after receipt of Approval Letter.

Overall time: approx 1 month.

Alhamdulillah I am soooo happy guys. I hope all your visas get approved as soon as possible so that you can be happy too.

I just want you to know if you are applying the same visa as me, and if you have any questions on exactly what documents to send, if you want to ask anything about Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa switched from PSW visa with dependents, I am very happy to help and share all my knowledge, because I want as many people as possible to succeed because I know what a big dream this is for all of us. All I need in return is a small prayer from you for me and my family for our future.

Take care. :D
HI
Thanks for this great forum and congrats for your getting your visa. Could you please answer a few queries of mine.

I have 2 businesses. How can I show the documents etc for both these.
I have a contract with a company but that doesn't specify what role I m working on. Contracts are usually made between companies and dont specify the job title on the contract. How will I be able to show this. The company says it cannot make amendments to the contract, can i as a director issue myself a certificate stating the job title which matches exactly as that in document.

Could you please clarify this.

Best Regards
Sidd

sagar2009

Timings

Post by sagar2009 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi,
Has anyone got their Entrepreneur Visa recently, If you have please post the application date--approval date .

Thanks.

bhaku

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Post by bhaku » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:38 pm

sagar2009 wrote:Hi,
Has anyone got their Entrepreneur Visa recently, If you have please post the application date--approval date .

Thanks.
Hello Everone.....

It's look like no one got their Tier 1 Entr visa processed in this month.

Please update if any one receive any news from UKBA.

Thanks,

Bhaku

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 am

I believe only this member received visa in one month with all the complications in her case. Either she was treated special or this post is fake. Good luck to her and all those who applied. But ideally 3 months is average processing time for funds in UK.

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_ram » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi All,
Those who applied in the month of May have got their visas in 1 month. But for June applicants the process took nearly 3 months. Most of the people in this forum applied in July, all july applicants are still waiting...
If any one got visas or any info please post...

Regards,
RAM

vas1004
Newly Registered

can i apply for dependent as well

Post by vas1004 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi experts

Me and my team member planing to drop tier 1 entrepreneur on mid of November. let me know can i add dependent along with my application or do i need to wait until i get my visa for my dependent.

Thanking you

Humv

Date changed

Post by Humv » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am

crazy_ram wrote:Hi All,
Those who applied in the month of May have got their visas in 1 month. But for June applicants the process took nearly 3 months. Most of the people in this forum applied in July, all july applicants are still waiting...
If any one got visas or any info please post...

Regards,
RAM

I have just noticed on UKBA website under Processing time they have changed the date from 30th August to 16th August? I have applied in mid July and still waiting. I am hoping to get some news soon!

tier1enterpreneur

Hello HUMV

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 am

Hi HUMV I just checked the processing time is changed from 30th aug to 31st august... Its surely slow but they haven gone back in the date.. May be when u saw there must be an error. Or hopefully we both are looking at the same thing.....
Would u know how many days it takes for them to send an acknowledgement letter n how many days are we meant to go for bio metrics ?
I am currently also working full time n I am aware that once the visa is approved I will not be allowed to work what do u think I should give my company the notice period time frame ? I will apply for my visa on 9th Oct tentatively.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

wisemian
Newly Registered

Post by wisemian » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am

Salam sister,

Congratulations first of all on getting the visa, and many thanks for starting this thread, this surely is helping alot of applicants.

I am about to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, I have everything ready,
£50000 in my account, maintenance funds in my account for 90 days, degree from U.K for english language points. Director of a register company, with website, business cards, brochure and a purchase order from a customer.

The only confusion I have is the length of time when the company was formed, I have been registered director of my company for more than three months now.

Do you think this fulfil the requirement or the company has to be formed in less than 3 months time from the date of application.

It would really help me if you could let me know the date when you were registered as a director of your company and date when you sent the application, that should really answer my question and get me out of this confused state of mind.

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am

wisemian wrote:Salam sister,

Congratulations first of all on getting the visa, and many thanks for starting this thread, this surely is helping alot of applicants.

£50000 in my account, maintenance funds in my account for 90 days, degree from U.K for english language points. Director of a register company, with website, business cards, brochure and a purchase order from a customer.

The only confusion I have is the length of time when the company was formed, I have been registered director of my company for more than three months now.

Do you think this fulfil the requirement or the company has to be formed in less than 3 months time from the date of application.

It would really help me if you could let me know the date when you were registered as a director of your company and date when you sent the application, that should really answer my question and get me out of this confused state of mind.
This is what the policy guidance says:

(d) You:
(i) are applying for leave to remain,
(ii) have, or were last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant,
(iii) were, on a date no earlier than three months prior to the date of
application,

(1) registered with HM revenue and Customs as self-employed, or
(2) registered a new business in which you are a director, or
(3) registered as a director of an existing business

So you have two options -

1) You can start a brand new company and become the director, and then apply for visa within 3 months

OR

2) You become the new director of an existing company, and then apply for visa within 3 months.

But in your case, it has already been over 3 months since you became the director of your company. I think you would have to form a new company and then apply.

rogue80
Newly Registered

Thank you!

Post by rogue80 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm

This is a VERY helpful thread and answers a lot of significant questions!!!;-) !!! :D

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 am

Hi

you can apply with ur existing company even if ur comapny is 7or 12 months old...

All that UKBA need is a Current Appointment Report which is new..

To be more specific:-u are the director of the company for 1 yr.......and when u started ur company u got a Current Appointment Report from ur accountant.....so now ur Current Appointment Report was printed 1 yr back.....The UKBA will not accept this(since it is 12 months old report)

All u need to do is print a new copy of the Current Appointment Report.

I am very sure about this since i got my visa last week Smile

[quote="wisemian"]Salam sister,

It would really help me if you could let me know the date when you were registered as a director of your company and date when you sent the application, that should really answer my question and get me out of this confused state of mind.[/quote]

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am

Hi all,

I know how painfull it is to process an visa application. so here is a list of all the doc i sent to UKBA...

PS-my funds were all in UK

Tie[u]r 1 Entrepreneur (Main Applicant Details)[/u]

1. Document provided to confirm access to £50,000 (25 points)

• XXXX bank’s statement - “ Latest Personal Bank Statement”
(Maintenance fund and Investment fund)

2. Document provided to demonstrate current registration as a director

• Current Appointment Report from Companies House

3. Document provided to confirm business activity
• Company Brochure
• Company business card

4. Document provided to demonstrate trading

• Copy of Trade contract (Service Contract)

5. The job titles appear on the graduate level occupation list available on UKBA?

• Job Title: Management Consultant
• SOC Code: 2423 (NQF Level 6 or Above)

6. Money is held in one or more regulated financial institutions(25 points)
• £50,000 is held in XXXX bank which is authorised and regulated by UK Financial Services Authority.

7. The money is disposable in the United Kingdom(25 points)
• £50,000 is held in UK.

8. English language(10 points)
• MSc transcript
• MSc certificate

9. Maintenance of £900(10 points)
• XXXX bank statement for consecutive 90 days.

10. Other Documents
• Passport
• Photo - 2 No’s
• Completed Application form Tier 1 Entrepreneur
• Application Fee

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Thats really helpful checklist for all the member who are going to apply later on.

Can you please do a little bit explanation of the following. thanks
MILI wrote:

1. Document provided to confirm access to £50,000 (25 points)

• XXXX bank’s statement - “ Latest Personal Bank Statement”
(Maintenance fund and Investment fund)
Did u used same statement/letter for both maintainance and investment funds?

If YES, then how we can differenciate that these are maintanance and other are investment funds? This is just in case the caseworker is mixed up and cannot conclude and then reject because of this minor reason.
MILI wrote:
2. Document provided to demonstrate current registration as a director

• Current Appointment Report from Companies House
Is that Current Appointment Report is enough to prove director or we need some other documentation as well?
MILI wrote:
4. Document provided to demonstrate trading

• Copy of Trade contract (Service Contract)
That trading contract should must be something in the past, I mean the job already done, or it can be a future contract as well. e.g. to make the new website for some other business and mention that you will be doing that job etc.

hemal12
Newly Registered

Post by hemal12 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Dear memyselfandi

i am planning to start e commerece business however i have only one month left.
will you please advised me what is the requirements of the e commerece business to start and what documents we need show ukba as entrepreneur visa? do we need show cotract of the company of the goods which we sell online to show ukba.
my study completed into the IT management does it make any impact on online sale business?

Thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:15 pm

hemal12 wrote:Dear memyselfandi

i am planning to start e commerece business however i have only one month left.
will you please advised me what is the requirements of the e commerece business to start and what documents we need show ukba as entrepreneur visa? do we need show cotract of the company of the goods which we sell online to show ukba.
my study completed into the IT management does it make any impact on online sale business?

Thanks
hi

please check does your business fall in appropriate category. ?

regards
Shaukat

hemal12
Newly Registered

Post by hemal12 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 am

Hi
Thanks to reply me however I believe online business will accept as long as your soc code level 4 and above.