ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 pm

malik0073 wrote:Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Naturalisation eligibility
Hello guys!
I just got a question to all senior members on this board,
Can I apply for naturalisation on 3yrs student visa+2yrs spouse visa+1month ILR.????please
yes you can

pepene

which certificate

Post by pepene » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I have my ceremony next week, I also wish to use the post office check and send for the passport soon after, since I have taken the day off.

can I use this service on the same day or do I have to wait for a so called certificate of naturalisation or registration?

cheers,

Pep

rentmeda

Re: which certificate

Post by rentmeda » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 pm

pepene wrote:Hi all,

I have my ceremony next week, I also wish to use the post office check and send for the passport soon after, since I have taken the day off.

can I use this service on the same day or do I have to wait for a so called certificate of naturalisation or registration?

cheers,

Pep
Yes you can, I have done the same as did not want to take a day off for it again.
Make sure you take a copy of the Naturalisation certificate as you have to send the original away.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm

pepene, from what i understand you get the certificate on the day of the ceremony so you should be able to apply for passport via check and send on the same day. i am actually thinking of doing the same

pepene

Post by pepene » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:45 pm

kel wrote:pepene, from what i understand you get the certificate on the day of the ceremony so you should be able to apply for passport via check and send on the same day. i am actually thinking of doing the same
cheers kel, well dude i really hope u get urs soon coz i know the anxiety experienced! :) wont b long

pepene

Re: which certificate

Post by pepene » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:45 pm

rentmeda wrote:
pepene wrote:Hi all,

cheers,

Pep
Yes you can, I have done the same as did not want to take a day off for it again.
Make sure you take a copy of the Naturalisation certificate as you have to send the original away.
thanks a lot

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:29 pm

pepene wrote:
kel wrote:pepene, from what i understand you get the certificate on the day of the ceremony so you should be able to apply for passport via check and send on the same day. i am actually thinking of doing the same
cheers kel, well dude i really hope u get urs soon coz i know the anxiety experienced! :) wont b long
thanks mate. i already received approval beginning of this week. currently waiting for my invitation letter for the ceremony.

pepene

Post by pepene » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:18 pm

kel wrote:
pepene wrote:
thanks mate. i already received approval beginning of this week. currently waiting for my invitation letter for the ceremony.
well done!

Lhr786
Newly Registered

Post by Lhr786 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi All,

I got my naturalisation approval on 20-09-12. Received a letter with all my documents that I should wait for my local authority to contact me within two weeks and I should not contact them. I was under impression that you should contact local Authority yourself and book for ceremony. I might not have correct information but my mate got approval few months ago and he received letter with local authority information and he contacted them to book ceremony. Anyone who could share what is correct process?

Thanks

barnaby

Mysterious deletion

Post by barnaby » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I just noticed in the "April 2012 timelines" thread that a lot of messages have been deleted. Some people asked why and then those messages also disappeared. This is very weird. Is this forum being censored by the HO?!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:49 pm

No, but because the monthly timeline topics are for "timelines" only. All other generic discussions and questions about updates are to be posted here - this topic is a sticky for that very purpose.

The reason for allowing monthly timeline topics was to make it convenient for people to post and monitor "timelines" for applications submitted around the same time.

While some people have the tendency to covert every timeline topic into one of generic discussion, there are others who expect a timeline topic to reflect timelines only.

Here's an example:
Why is everyone starting to add different comments on the timeline topics. More often than not the comments are asking for updates or commenting to the effect - I called and nothing, I am tired of waiting. With all due respect, does that help - everyone knows UKBS doesn't provide updates, and everyone feels tired with the processing times! Is there a point in some members being allowed to change every timeline topic into one of generic queries and discussions. What is this sticky topic for then?
People making irrelevant posts in timeline topics ask "why have the posts been deleted" and others question "why are such posts allowed in timeline topics". Nothing new! Members come and go .. the problem remains the same.

To be fair to both sections of members, the timeline topics are expected to contain timelines only, and this sticky topic is to be used for all generic discussions subsequent to naturalisation / registration / passport applications. All irrelevant content in the timeline topic will continue to be deleted.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 am

sushdmehta wrote:No, but because the monthly timeline topics are for "timelines" only.
I was of the impression that this applies only to the general naturalisation sticky and discussions could take place in the monthly club topics? If what you are saying is the case, why did it take the moderators all this time to do something about it?? I mean discussions have been going on for months. I find it really sad that people of a particular club cannot interact together in discussion in one place instead of having to go through pages and pages of endless discussions in this general topic where numerous different topics are being discussed. This surely defeats the purpose of having monthly club topics in my opinion. Might as well stick to just the main timeline topic, just saying...
Last edited by kel on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 am

with due respect and If I may say so........I can appreciate a main and sticky topic of timelines which should be restricted to timelines only........but I think the idea of the individual monthly topics(which strictly are not timelines rather than properly named "clubs") are much nicer/friendlier and convinient way to interact with your peers as its a club and not a timeline I hope ppl would be able to post questions/concerns/funny snips/ discuss their timeline with the ppl who have applied roughly the same time as long as the main timeline sticky is left alone. its kind of weird to try to find a timeline in one topic and having to go back to another topic to discuss the timeline! again its just in my humble opinion but please leave the "clubs" alone!

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 am

dr_raihan29 wrote:with due respect and If I may say so........I can appreciate a main and sticky topic of timelines which should be restricted to timelines only........but I think the idea of the individual monthly topics(which strictly are not timelines rather than properly named "clubs") are much nicer/friendlier and convinient way to interact with your peers as its a club and not a timeline I hope ppl would be able to post questions/concerns/funny snips/ discuss their timeline with the ppl who have applied roughly the same time as long as the main timeline sticky is left alone. its kind of weird to try to find a timeline in one topic and having to go back to another topic to discuss the timeline! again its just in my humble opinion but please leave the "clubs" alone!
totally agree with you!

in fact i noticed a couple nights ago my status was "banned" and i couldn't log in perhaps because i am active member in the monthly club topics. curious to know why my "banned" status was lifted and more importantly why it was put in place to begin with? is trying to interact with people you have something in common with now a crime? totally apalling!

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 am

sushdmehta wrote:The reason for allowing monthly timeline topics was to make it convenient for people to post and monitor "timelines" for applications submitted around the same time.
they were "clubs" not "timelines only". no one asked you to make this change

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 am

sushdmehta wrote:No, but because the monthly timeline topics are for "timelines" only.
This was news to me too, because the monthly timeline threads were created when the main timeline thread was closed (to prevent non-timeline messages). So now we have a main timeline thread and monthly ones containing the same (duplicated) information. Why not just totally delete the monthly timeline threads?

Another question is: are all non-timeline messages supposed to go in this general discussion thread? If so, how come some people are allowed to create new specific threads?

ambajri
Newly Registered

Post by ambajri » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:58 am

Hey guys,

Yesterday I got a letter saying my application was successful. It was dated 19/09/12 but not sure if it was the approval letter or the invitation because it says citizenship invitation and I should contact the authority to book a ceremony within 21 days. It's the only letter I received so does that mean I don't have to wait for any other letters?

I'm gonna call to book for the ceremony tomorrow anyway, just wondering why I didn't get the first letter.

Soon this will be completely over :)

Komfo200
Newly Registered

Post by Komfo200 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

ambajri wrote:Hey guys,

Yesterday I got a letter saying my application was successful. It was dated 19/09/12 but not sure if it was the approval letter or the invitation because it says citizenship invitation and I should contact the authority to book a ceremony within 21 days. It's the only letter I received so does that mean I don't have to wait for any other letters?

I'm gonna call to book for the ceremony tomorrow anyway, just wondering why I didn't get the first letter.

Yes that is the approval letter.just call the council number on the letter and book an appointment for ceremony.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Tomorrow will be a week since a rcvd my approval letter and still no sign of the invitation letter for the ceremony. Should I be worried?

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No, but because the monthly timeline topics are for "timelines" only. All other generic discussions and questions about updates are to be posted here - this topic is a sticky for that very purpose.

The reason for allowing monthly timeline topics was to make it convenient for people to post and monitor "timelines" for applications submitted around the same time.

While some people have the tendency to covert every timeline topic into one of generic discussion, there are others who expect a timeline topic to reflect timelines only.

Here's an example:
Why is everyone starting to add different comments on the timeline topics. More often than not the comments are asking for updates or commenting to the effect - I called and nothing, I am tired of waiting. With all due respect, does that help - everyone knows UKBS doesn't provide updates, and everyone feels tired with the processing times! Is there a point in some members being allowed to change every timeline topic into one of generic queries and discussions. What is this sticky topic for then?
People making irrelevant posts in timeline topics ask "why have the posts been deleted" and others question "why are such posts allowed in timeline topics". Nothing new! Members come and go .. the problem remains the same.

To be fair to both sections of members, the timeline topics are expected to contain timelines only, and this sticky topic is to be used for all generic discussions subsequent to naturalisation / registration / passport applications. All irrelevant content in the timeline topic will continue to be deleted.

not that it will make any difference or you will un-delete the many months worth of posts...but here is my 2 cents

people come here on free public forums to give their opinion, share there experiences, help , motivate and support each other

of course like any forum, there are rules to be followed which to my understanding have been followed as nothing irrelevant was posted in the "sticky timelines thread" and instead members posted monthly club threads , which clearly showed as in being a group thread for that particular month , so they could share their concerns , help and support each other...so not only the title of the threads has been changed by the mods but also edited along with the content, solely based on some sad souls post....

clearly the wiser approach would have been to perhaps hold a poll and have a vote before carrying out such an extreme action, surely majority of us want the old threads as they were even with all the chit chat going on...

at the end of the day, you want a relaxed atmosphere and not a tightly unnecessarily moderated dictatorship that doesn't allow for people to come together and bond, this general discussion sticky is quite frankly comparing oranges with apples.

bear in mind, i wasn't taking part in much of the discussions but i was following them keenly as i am sure many guests and lurkers were, i came out to support everyone who is raising their concerns on all their good constructive discussions and advice being undone purely because a few members didn't approve (i wonder if those few members were also the ones paying a few quid in donations or may have done in the past) either way, it was the wrong decision as i'm sure there will be a fair few echoing the same sentiments and i urge everyone to come forward and let their voices be heard as at the end of the day, this is a great forum but it's only great because the likes of you make it great by sharing your experiences and expressing yourselves the way you want.

best regards to everyone and no hard feelings to the mods (who i feel sometimes have got nothing to do and then go deleting tons of constructive and useful information posted by fellow members).

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:42 pm

totally agree............it was good to have a club for each month where along with timeline relevant discussions could have taken place instead of flipping back to a 120 page generic discussion thread which was pretty much useless. It was not doing any harm rather was good in the sense that a particular person could follow his peers progress, or even for some1 like me who is applying in october was keenly following comments /suggestions even funny snips to brighten up the mood in the "club" threads which have been so hastely dismissed as irrelevant post!

this forum is a great place and helped me in so many ways(specially the moderators and the senior members) please don't let it go down the drain like this.....please! give us the freedom to have a stage/club of our own to discuss relevant things! Power(to moderate) is only powerful when applied properly! just my humble thoughts!

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 pm

completely agree. I hope mods will take this comments positively as there is no way of communicating with the monthly club members otherwise.

ambajri
Newly Registered

Post by ambajri » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Komfo200 wrote:
ambajri wrote:Hey guys,

Yes that is the approval letter.just call the council number on the letter and book an appointment for ceremony.
Thanks Komfo200

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 am

I find it really appalling that not one of the moderators has commented on the issues raised. They were quick to change the name of topics and delete posts, however when challenged they seem to disappear (though posting in other topics). What's going on guys?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No, but because the monthly timeline topics are for "timelines" only. All other generic discussions and questions about updates are to be posted here - this topic is a sticky for that very purpose.

Here's an example:

Please follow the suggestion given.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!