ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Applied via : Solicitor
Application by post : 08/08/12
payment taken out : 16/08/12
Acknowledgement letter : 17/08/12
Biometric letter :waiting
biometric done : waiting
passport/bio card received : waiting

Ged

Solicitor column

Post by Ged » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Is that (a solicitor column) what everyone wants? Should we add a solicitor column? I do not feel the need myself but I am happy to put it if it is a popular idea. After all this is a community owned and maintained excel sheet.

mtulak
Newly Registered

Re: Solicitor column

Post by mtulak » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 am

i personally think its not necessary, if you add solicitor column, then someone will also ask for a column for dependant or dependant+child ....

MidlandsResident
Newly Registered

Passports and ILR approval received

Post by MidlandsResident » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:14 am

Hello,

I last posted just after my wife received her acknowledgement letter and I said that I would post again when the biometric invitation was received, but I did not.

I am happy to confirm that today we received back her passports and approval letter to say that she has been given ILR.

Her case was very straightforward but I know that many people worry (i.e. me) anyway.

Here is the final timeline:

Application sent: May 28th 2012
Acknowledgment letter date: May 31st 2012, received June 6th 2012
Biometric invite received August 1st 2012
Biometric details taken August 1st 2012
Approval letter and passports received September 29th 2012.

Just now need to wait for the residence permit to arrive, estimated 1 week (according to letter).

So, all in all, this took almost precisely 4 calendar months = 18 weeks.

hbf81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Got my Passport

Post by hbf81 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 am

z18runway wrote:
hbf81 wrote:Hi All,

I got my passport with letter explaining that I got approved for ILR.

Application sent : 20 March 2012
Application received by HO : 21 March 2012
Payment taken on : 23rd MArch 2012
Acknowledgement letter dated : 21 March 2012
Biometric invitation letter dated : 27th of July
Biometric submission : 28th of July
Docs/Passport received : 28th of Sept 2012
BRP Card received : 28th Spetember 2012
Date of issue: 24th September 2012

It was 6months wait. My case was 8 years student and 2 years PSW. Only sent passports and life in UK. NO SAR file, bank statements, payslips , bla bla bla.. THEY DONT NEED THEM!!!!

Good luck all of you
good news and good luck for your future, and r u sure that we dont need to supply bank statements ?

Bank statements not required if apply under 10 years rule.

meemyself&I

Re: Passports and ILR approval received

Post by meemyself&I » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:09 pm

MidlandsResident wrote:Hello,

I last posted just after my wife received her acknowledgement letter and I said that I would post again when the biometric invitation was received, but I did not.

I am happy to confirm that today we received back her passports and approval letter to say that she has been given ILR.

Her case was very straightforward but I know that many people worry (i.e. me) anyway.

Just now need to wait for the residence permit to arrive, estimated 1 week (according to letter).

Congratulations to you. your wife and my husband has the same timeline. application date, and also the date he received his biometric letter. I posted when he received his and even asked if your wife had received hers.

I am so pleased for you and I hope my husband receives his next week (by God's grace).

Enjoy the freedom.

PS - just a quick question, did you have to sign for the parcel that you receive today? Just thinking that there will be no one at home for most of next week to receive if it did turn up.
God's divine child

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Ged wrote:Is that (a solicitor column) what everyone wants? Should we add a solicitor column? I do not feel the need myself but I am happy to put it if it is a popular idea. After all this is a community owned and maintained excel sheet.
I think its good i am not saying because i have done it like that just saying it because it gives an idea how long does it takes if you are doing it on your own or via solicitor and if it is quicker i mean the reply is quick than is good to apply via solicitor

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 pm

khanjaan wrote:
Ged wrote:Is that (a solicitor column) what everyone wants? Should we add a solicitor column? I do not feel the need myself but I am happy to put it if it is a popular idea. After all this is a community owned and maintained excel sheet.
I think its good i am not saying because i have done it like that just saying it because it gives an idea how long does it takes if you are doing it on your own or via solicitor and if it is quicker i mean the reply is quick than is good to apply via solicitor
that's a positive reply , thanks for that Mr.khanjaan.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Was yours 10 year ILR and your wife applied setm ?

Zim1

Money out and acknowledgement letter

Post by Zim1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Many congrats to those who've had successful applications and patience is key to those still waiting. I have a quick question. Does HO only sent acknowledgement letter after fee transaction has gone through or do they acknowledge soon as they receive the documents? I recently sent my docs for the 10 year ILR but rather than using account details I used a cheque hence am worried that if they wait for payment to clear before sending letter I might be in a bit of a pickle as I would need to show letter to my employer since the copies they(employer) have state my stay has expired.

Many thanks

Zim1

smshad

Re: Money out and acknowledgement letter

Post by smshad » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:55 pm

[quote="Zim1"]Many congrats to those who've had successful applications and patience is key to those still waiting. I have a quick question. Does HO only sent acknowledgement letter after fee transaction has gone through or do they acknowledge soon as they receive the documents? I recently sent my docs for the 10 year ILR but rather than using account details I used a cheque hence am worried that if they wait for payment to clear before sending letter I might be in a bit of a pickle as I would need to show letter to my employer since the copies they(employer) have state my stay has expired.

Many thanks

Zim1[/quote]

Hi,
My application was received by HO on 13.08.12 and I used credit card. Payment was deducted on 16.08.12 and the acknowledgement letter was dated for the same day but received on 21.08.12.

Return address on the acknowledgment letter envelope was UKBA (Charging OPS team) which shows that there is a charging team and they send the acknowledgment letter after the payment has been cleared.

For the time being you could show postal receipt to your employer and keep checking your bank account for payment deduction.

Take care

Zim1

Re: Money out and acknowledgement letter

Post by Zim1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 pm

[/quote]

Hi,
My application was received by HO on 13.08.12 and I used credit card. Payment was deducted on 16.08.12 and the acknowledgement letter was dated for the same day but received on 21.08.12.

Return address on the acknowledgment letter envelope was UKBA (Charging OPS team) which shows that there is a charging team and they send the acknowledgment letter after the payment has been cleared.

For the time being you could show postal receipt to your employer and keep checking your bank account for payment deduction.

Take care[/quote]

Thanks smshad for your quick response.
Makes perfect sense that payment has to be processed first if the charging team send acknowledgement letter. Thanks for the advice on showing receipt if/when asked. Just hope they process the cheque quicker so I can get the letter for a peace of mind.

Thanks!

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 am

Hi MidlandsResident,

Congratulations on the ILR. Can you please tell me what supporting documents you provided along with your application. And also did you apply for SAR previously?

Kind regards

k_alibaba

Set O app for 10 years

Post by k_alibaba » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:34 am

I applied on 3/9/12 n received acknowledgment on the following week. Now waiting for biometric. Will post the updates.
Good luck all

shannybless
Newly Registered

set o (10 yrs long residencce

Post by shannybless » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm

timeline

applied: 23rd april 2012
payment taken: 1st may 2012
acknowledgement letter and invitation for biometrics received: 14th june 2012 (letter dated 09 june 2012)
biometrics done: 14th june 2012
Still waiting for a decision to be made. the 23rd of this month will make six months. the wait is so frustrating has anyone applied in april and has received their ILR?

i sent my application by post, i didnt use a solicitor

smzai80
Newly Registered

Re: set o (10 yrs long residencce

Post by smzai80 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 pm

In April 390 people applied for ILR on long term residency out of which 14 application were 14 years and rest are on 10 years.
U can find this information on what do they know website.

shannybless wrote:timeline

acknowledgement letter and invitation for biometrics received: 14th june 2012 (letter dated 09 june 2012)
Still waiting for a decision to be made. the 23rd of this month will make six months. the wait is so frustrating has anyone applied in april and has received their ILR?

shannybless
Newly Registered

Post by shannybless » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 pm

smzai80 wrote:In April 390 people applied for ILR on long term residency out of which 14 application were 14 years and rest are on 10 years.
U can find this information on what do they know website.

where do i find that website?

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanx Shannybless for sharing the information. I like to know please, what documents did you include with your application? and did you ask for SAR? thanx again. Haider

shannybless
Newly Registered

Post by shannybless » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:54 pm

what is SAR? i sent passport photos, passports owned, ten years proof of residence in the country e.g (school reports, doctors file, college reports) and previous HO letters, and life in the uk test.

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by liuzhbob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi All, a couple of quick question if any could help.

Does the reference number on the biometric invitation letter the same as on the acknowledgement letter, ie, "IL" followed by 10 digits? How does it identify individual case?

Also does Biometric invitation letter come as recorded signed for?

Many thanks in advance!!

shannybless
Newly Registered

Post by shannybless » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm

The biometric letter doesn't come as recorded. Its jus normal delivery. I don't know about the reference numbers, but I would assume the reference on the biometric letter is the same on the acknowledgement letter

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by liuzhbob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks very much for the quick reply. If you don't mind, could you double check on acknowledgement letter and biometric invitation letter, and see if there are any ref number in common. Reason for asking is that I may need to change address and the form asks for HO Ref number. Thanks!!!

dial2all

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by dial2all » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 pm

liuzhbob wrote:Thanks very much for the quick reply. If you don't mind, could you double check on acknowledgement letter and biometric invitation letter, and see if there are any ref number in common. Reason for asking is that I may need to change address and the form asks for HO Ref number. Thanks!!!
Hi when did you apply?
Thanks

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

Post by liuzhbob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm

I submitted my application mid August. So far have received acknowledgement letter, but not the biometric invitation. I now need to change address and would want to use the online form. It asks for HO Ref number, there is a long number on the acknowledgement letter, I just want to make sure it is so and is consistently used on all communications from HO.

Thanks for your help!!

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 pm

shannybless wrote:what is SAR? i sent passport photos, passports owned, ten years proof of residence in the country e.g (school reports, doctors file, college reports) and previous HO letters, and life in the uk test.
SAR

School reports, doctor file, college reports not mandatory to send along with the application.