ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national travelling Query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

svtj
Newly Registered

EEA national travelling Query

Post by svtj » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I am a Danish Passport holder and working in the UK. My wife, Asian nationality, is ongoing an application for permanent residency ‘ILR’ . The application form we have sent to Homeoffice in Liverpool is the the EEA4 ‘Application for permanent residence -To be used by non-European Economic Area (EEA) or non-Swiss nationals family members of EEA or Swiss nationals residing in the UK’, which must be submitted by post to the Liverpool Home Office.

The application incl. my original passport have been with the home office for appr. 2.5 months and I wanted to ask if it is possible to request the home office to send the original passport back to me (WITHOUT DELAYING OR HOLDING MY WIFE'S ILR), as Home Office only require to testify the original passport(s).

Anybody out there who has previous experience or can provide some insight/guidance to what we need to do?

Thanks a lot

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Yes you can and it will not affect the application.

Click on "How can you get your passport back from the UK Border Agency if you need to travel?" at the bottom of How to apply for residence documents as the non-EEA family member of an EEA national.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 am

Yes, you can ask for it's return without problems.

I just requested mine by Email, and it was returned in less then a week (requested back on 26th, and received today).

svtj
Newly Registered

Post by svtj » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Many thanks to both of you.

I just wanted to make sure that the application process does not get HOLD or delayed if I request the original passport back.

The reason that I wanted clarification was that I have heard that process may get delayed if original passports are requested back.

Good to get clarification on this matter. Do you know if it is stipulated in writing anywhere at the Homeoffice website that process does not get affected if passports are requested back.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:32 pm

For better clarification just read this website link and especially refer to 6th question there:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

LegendaryT
Newly Registered

Post by LegendaryT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm

dsab85 wrote:Yes, you can ask for it's return without problems.

I just requested mine by Email, and it was returned in less then a week (requested back on 26th, and received today).
I am beyond envious! I requested mine back on the 20th of September for a flight I have tomorrow and I haven't received it yet. They said they posted it yesterday but tracking information isn't even available online. I'm flying halfway across the world so if I have to change my flight, I'm coming after them with the bill.