ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Application and no time left

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bubblbu
Newly Registered

Refused Application and no time left

Post by Bubblbu » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey guys!

I'm currently really frustrated and wanted to ask you if you could give me some advice ...

I wanted to study at Loughborough University and have been accepted. But until July I did not know, that I need to prove that I have sufficient English qualifications because I am an Mongolian citizen. The point is that I have been living in Austria for 18 years and the graduation of my collegue is sufficient but mine not, because of my citizenship...

Well... when I knew that I registered for the next TOEFL which was on 4th of August. I got 116/120 and due to the fact that certificates have to be sent from the USA it took another few weeks until I could officially apply for Tier 4. Until then I already had my CAS number and so on ...

So when I applied I had collected documents which prooved that I had enough financial support, but I got the money every month. The embassy in Warsaw told me that this should suffice.

Two days ago I got an email from Warsaw which told me that my application was not successful.

I have already let my room in Vienna, rent another one in Lboro, didn't go to any courses at my home uni. Furthermore I have spent roughly 1200€ due to TOEFL, application fees, flight booking and so on ...

I know that I should have done that earlier, but my International Office didn't know either that I have to do that English Qualification test ...

The main point now is ... What should I do? Lodge Obejction? Appeal?
How much is that and how long does it take until a decision is made?
My uni has postponed my last arrivel date to end of October...

I hope that someone can help me or give a tip ... :(

I have planned everything according to that year and at this moment I am more or less homeless and really frustrated...

Kind regards and many thanks to every answer!

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 am

You are not very clear about the exact reason for refusal, assuming that your financial document was ok, it appears to be lack of english language requirement.

English Language is a compulsory requirement for tier 4 you should have followed the policy guidance before applying and if the toefl results were not available then you should have posted the results ASAP with a covering letter.

I think your best option is to re-apply with your toefl result. You can go for judicial review explaining that your toefl results wasn't available at the time of application and you have achieved the desired result, however there is no guarantee you wud succeed as HO only considers evidence that were submitted at the time of application, and also it is time consuming and you will miss out a place in your university.

Since your uni has already given an extension, re-apply with all the relevant document again also with a covering letter explaining the entire situation to the ECO.

jkeerthan
Newly Registered

Post by jkeerthan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

i dont get it???

how did you get that cas letter???? its the job of university to carry out language requirement check....

if so....they would ve mentioned it in the cas letter that you dont need to show SELT.....

Bubblbu
Newly Registered

Re: Refused Application and no time left

Post by Bubblbu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Hello,

I would like to have this post removed, but I can not find any possibility to do so. Could a moderator help out?

Best wishes,
OP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refused Application and no time left

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Bubblbu wrote:Hello,

I would like to have this post removed, but I can not find any possibility to do so. Could a moderator help out?

Best wishes,
OP
Posts are not deleted.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... 99657.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.