ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed please !!!!! PSW fund rejected !

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hoangtran_12
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed please !!!!! PSW fund rejected !

Post by hoangtran_12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:50 pm

I got my PSW Visa refused because I didnt have enough maintenance fund £800 for the first 2 days. However, I have £2000 in my account until now 2.10.2012. So, I would like to do an appeal now but I don't have enough money to do it with solicitors (it costs me £4000).

I would like to ask has anyone have the same problem with me? Did you go to the court by your-self or with the lawyer? What ground did you appeal on ? Was the appeal successful ?

More details would be great.

Your help would be highly appreciated !

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 pm

hoangtran_12 wrote:I didnt have enough maintenance fund £800 for the first 2 days.
So you clearly did not meet the requirements on the day of the application! Didn't you read the policy guidance before applying?

It is irrelevant if you have the necessary funds today, 6 months after the scheme closed down and after you have been refused.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hoangtran_12
Newly Registered

Post by hoangtran_12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 am

Many thanks for your response Sushdmehta.

I did know the rule that I have to have £800 in my account for 90 days. However, my sister, she is my sponsor and she has already planned to transfer in to my account £2000. However, she is unexpectedly have to give birth and under medical condition, she couldn't gain the access into her bank account. As a result, the money go to my account 2 days late. And, we would like to get this reason to do appeal. What do you think ?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 am

The funds are supposed to be yours and under your control. There is no concept of a 'sponsor' for a psw application.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 am

You can't have a sponsor for this category; the money needs to be held by the applicant. Your sister should have transferred the money sooner and saying that she was not able to do this is not a valid excuse.

If you really have no other choice by all means try appealing but I would be looking at travel websites for a flight if I were in your situation.

scorpion123

Re: Urgent help needed please !!!!! PSW fund rejected !

Post by scorpion123 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:57 pm

hoangtran_12 wrote:I got my PSW Visa refused because I didnt have enough maintenance fund £800 for the first 2 days.
I guess start and end date of bank statements (start date of first and end date of last) that were used for maintenance fund would be relevant in appeal.

To my understanding "UKBA will count 90 days of period from the end date of last bank statement to backwards" so if first 2 days of your first statement fall out that 90 days period then you should be fine.