ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Checking Service after 1 year on PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrej

Nationality Checking Service after 1 year on PR

Post by andrej » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am

I just booked my NCS appointment and paid £60 ahead of appointment. I have Permanent Residence (year coming up) on grounds of being married to an EEA citizen who also holds PR. I was asked my:

1. nationality
2. when I first came in to UK

and then to bring

3. Passport that shows last 5 years
4. Proof of PR
5. Proof of my spouse's nationality???
6. Proof of my spouse exercising treaty rights for the last five years???
7. Proof of being married???
8. If I have ILR??? (even though I mentioned PR and European Law)

The lady said that it is always better to bring more than less and I was not going to argue as I have already paid money and taken a day off work.

What irritates me is why even bother with getting PR for both EEA citizen and Non-EEA family member when they are still asking for complete proof of EEA person exercising treaty rights.

Maybe they have no experience in dealing with EEA persons...? Did anyone else holding PR have to prove everything all over again??? 5 years of work history (P60s) pay slips, 5 years of residence (address), ALL OVER AGAIN!!! AAAAGGGGHHHHH.

Isn't it enough that one holds PERMANENT RESIDENCE STICKER/CARD??? :evil:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am

If the issue date of your PR sticker is more than 1 year ago, all of the "exercise treaty rights" evidence is not required.

I guess either NCS are not used to PR holders applying or that people with PR apply with less than 1 year after the issue date (so evidence needs to be submitted again).

If you feel she is in doubt, ask her during the appointment to call the HO and verify. Make sure she mention that you have PR Confirmation for more than 1 year.

PR Confirmation is mainly useful as a risk reduction exercise as it is free while naturalisation is £££.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Nationality Checking Service after 1 year on PR

Post by noble72uk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:18 pm

andrej wrote:I just booked my NCS appointment and paid £60 ahead of appointment. I have Permanent Residence (year coming up) on grounds of being married to an EEA citizen who also holds PR. I was asked my:

1. nationality
2. when I first came in to UK

and then to bring

3. Passport that shows last 5 years
4. Proof of PR
5. Proof of my spouse's nationality???
6. Proof of my spouse exercising treaty rights for the last five years???
7. Proof of being married???
8. If I have ILR??? (even though I mentioned PR and European Law)

The lady said that it is always better to bring more than less and I was not going to argue as I have already paid money and taken a day off work.

What irritates me is why even bother with getting PR for both EEA citizen and Non-EEA family member when they are still asking for complete proof of EEA person exercising treaty rights.

Maybe they have no experience in dealing with EEA persons...? Did anyone else holding PR have to prove everything all over again??? 5 years of work history (P60s) pay slips, 5 years of residence (address), ALL OVER AGAIN!!! AAAAGGGGHHHHH.

Isn't it enough that one holds PERMANENT RESIDENCE STICKER/CARD??? :evil:
Hi there Jambo was right;

The NCS documentations request apply to you only if you hold the PR less then a year.

If you are applying for the BC and hold a (PR) sticker for One year, then you do Not need your wife's documentations at all and not even to mention her you apply by your own, The ACS person who spoke to you is Wrong.

The documents needed for your case are:

1- Current Passport with PR and and you need to show the last five years including Stamp for the 5 years residence mean old (Expired) passport if it does applies.
2- Application Form.
3- Life in te UK.
4-Proof of address ( council tax bills .....
5-The Fees.

Only

this is it what you should to provide if you hold the PR after a Year.

when I ve applied the nice lady asked me to bring only those stated,
Ive asked her alot of questions about my wife or Works, payslips P60.....on.
She repplied to me that Im applying Alone and the BC is based on residence not work.
And that was me.

Now what I advice you is to call differents NCS and check with them to check but do not mention any thing a apart that you are Free from immigration controls and you hold the PR for more then a Year and you'll see the answer

andrej

Post by andrej » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 am

Jambo wrote:If the issue date of your PR sticker is more than 1 year ago, all of the "exercise treaty rights" evidence is not required.

If you feel she is in doubt, ask her during the appointment to call the HO and verify. Make sure she mention that you have PR Confirmation for more than 1 year.

PR Confirmation is mainly useful as a risk reduction exercise as it is free while naturalisation is £££.
Thanks Jambo, my PR sticker will be more than a year when I go for the service and I will be applying "stand alone" application so I really don't want to drag all the extra stuff with me (spouse I.D. and treaty rights or spouse's PR)

andrej

Re: Nationality Checking Service after 1 year on PR

Post by andrej » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 am

noble72uk wrote: Hi there Jambo was right;

The NCS documentations request apply to you only if you hold the PR less then a year.

If you are applying for the BC and hold a (PR) sticker for One year, then you do Not need your wife's documentations at all and not even to mention her you apply by your own, The ACS person who spoke to you is Wrong.

The documents needed for your case are:

1- Current Passport with PR and and you need to show the last five years including Stamp for the 5 years residence mean old (Expired) passport if it does applies.
2- Application Form.
3- Life in te UK.
4-Proof of address ( council tax bills .....
5-The Fees.

Only

this is it what you should to provide if you hold the PR after a Year.

when I ve applied the nice lady asked me to bring only those stated,
Ive asked her alot of questions about my wife or Works, payslips P60.....on.
She repplied to me that Im applying Alone and the BC is based on residence not work.
And that was me.

Now what I advice you is to call differents NCS and check with them to check but do not mention any thing a apart that you are Free from immigration controls and you hold the PR for more then a Year and you'll see the answer
Thanks for that. I will hold PR for a year when I apply. I'll try and call another service just to check. I think the lady had no experience of dealing with PR holders or spouses of EEA citizens. She asked me if I was married to a British citizen or if I have ILR. She sounded kind of confused when I told her I hold PR and then asked again about ILR! I tried to tell its the same thing but through EEA route... never mind...