ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HsmpFlr3

Documents for AN

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:42 pm

I am planning to apply for Naturalization (5yrs HSMP + 1yr ILR)
I see the list of documents needed and it almost seems that except passport and Life in UK test certificate NO OTHER documents seems to be necessary.

No bank statements, no P60, no employer letter etc seems to be needed.
I am worried if i am not reading correct guidance.
Is just the passport(s) and the Life in UK test certificate enough?
Or we have to take P60s etc to NCS for safety sake. What is the experience of fellow members on this?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 pm

You reading is correct.

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm

you don't have to send life in the uk test pass certificate, if you used it to obtain your ILR (settlement)

so in theory, only passport and a completed AN form is sufficient.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi,

I had my appointment at NCS for my AN application today on the basis of marriage to a BC. The documents needed according to the AN guidance was passports and marriage certificate and BRP only, nothing else. I had ticked on the form that I used LIUK to get ILR.

They asked me for my latest P60 and LIUK test certificate to send with my application.

I would strongly suggest anyone applying for AN take the extra documents with them so that you are prepared and dont lose your NCS fee if you have to rebook.

Thanks

Char

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:36 pm

another question relating to this.

do you have to send just your current passport (with ilr stamped) or all your previous passports used before ? ( like getting previous extentions to stay in the uk, for example people with long term residency 10 years will have more than 2 passports ) so in theory all 3 passports needs to be sent ? one used to enter the uk as well as the one with ilr stamped ?

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm

spoiled brat wrote:another question relating to this.

do you have to send just your current passport (with ilr stamped) or all your previous passports used before ? ( like getting previous extentions to stay in the uk, for example people with long term residency 10 years will have more than 2 passports ) so in theory all 3 passports needs to be sent ? one used to enter the uk as well as the one with ilr stamped ?

thanks
The last page of the application form lists the required supporting evidence. A passport is used to prove lawful residence so they will need to cover the 3/5 years. There is no need to the passport you entered to the UK with (if more than 5 years ago).