ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claudiouk
Newly Registered

Email for case updating

Post by claudiouk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello everyone,
What email address have you contacted the HO regarding updates of your application? OR have you sent this request by post?
Thanks a lot for your comments.

tall_elegant
Newly Registered

Re: Coa

Post by tall_elegant » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

I applied 28 July and recieved COA today, dated 18 September.

The weird thing is that it says it cannot confirm my right to work. We are unmarried partners (Canadian & German) who have lived together 2+ years. I applied for the EEA Family Permit from Canada and it was approved, so that's how I entered the UK in July. Doesn't the EEA FP already give me the right to work? Can anybody clarify?
Yasf wrote:EEA2 application sent: 2/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 3/07/2012
COA: Still waiting
RC: Still waiting ...

So well, ppl who applied in July and received COA

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:36 pm

tall_elegant wrote:I applied 28 July and recieved COA today, dated 18 September.

The weird thing is that it says it cannot confirm my right to work. We are unmarried partners (Canadian & German) who have lived together 2+ years. I applied for the EEA Family Permit from Canada and it was approved, so that's how I entered the UK in July. Doesn't the EEA FP already give me the right to work? Can anybody clarify?
EEA FP allows you to work and the EEA2 CoA should have stated that. They either didn't notice the EEA FP in the passport and issue you the standard unmarried partners CoA or just made a mistake.

You should complain. If you need CoA to prove your eligibility, you should ask for a corrected CoA.

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Jambo wrote:
tall_elegant wrote:I applied 28 July and recieved COA today, dated 18 September.

EEA FP allows you to work and the EEA2 CoA should have stated that. They either didn't notice the EEA FP in the passport and issue you the standard unmarried partners CoA or just made a mistake.

You should complain. If you need CoA to prove your eligibility, you should ask for a corrected CoA.
Yes I think you should make a complaint.

I applied on 27th , still waiting
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

tall_elegant
Newly Registered

Post by tall_elegant » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

Luckily I am self-employed so nobody is asking me for the certificate. I don't anticipate it will be a problem, so I won't waste my energy with complaining.

craxy1102 wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Yes I think you should make a complaint.

I applied on 27th , still waiting
My timeline so far
EEA2 applied 27 July
Received by HO on 31 July
Passport requested back on 31 July
Received passport on 8 Aug
Recieved COA 28 Sept (dated 18 September)

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 am

RC application sent: 9/7/12
RC received by HO: 10/7/12
COA: still waiting
RC: still waiting

I really don't understand y they still ve not issue me a coa after all this while
I called several times and they keep telling me they re still investigating my case I thought coa is just to acknoledge receipt of application, anyway I ve no option but to wait.

" A patient dog eats the fattest bone"

eleghosa3000
Newly Registered

Re: Eaa2 application 17-05-12

Post by eleghosa3000 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 am

eleghosa3000 wrote:
gamextar wrote:
eleghosa3000 wrote:Eea2 application sent-17-05-12 by special delivery
HO received 18-05-12
COA not received
It's 6 week now any one have same issue.
Hi, we are on the same boat man =). I've sent my EEA1+EEA2 on May 16 by special delivery, HO received on 17. No coa or RC =). Don't worry I think it's too early. I would expect some delays because of the Olympic Games ..
Maybe will see how long this takes. Update if u receive any notification
Receieved my RC today this is my timeline.
Eea2 application sent-17-05-12 by special delivery
HO received 18-05-12
COA received 27-07-12 after sending 2 email on 20-07-12.
Call HO to return my wife ID for travel purpose by 12-09-12 received ID by 15-09-12
write HO twice by 24 and 25-09-12 request my passport for travel
receieve all documents back and RC by 29-09-12 dated 25-09-12 valid 5years.

onthemoon
Newly Registered

did u get RC on passport ? or On just paper ?

Post by onthemoon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 am

flashware wrote:
avela-onke wrote:Hi Guys,
Rang HO today stating my case and that I had applied on 19/06/2012 and that I had sent a complaint e-mail. Told her that even though I got my COA on 27/08/2012 I was still not satisfied with their progress as I was transferring my RC to new passport but she said she could not access my file and check the progress of my application.
So guess have to just wait and see.
They're right there, there's no avenue for complaint as it has not hit the 6 month period yet.

ElMa
Newly Registered

Can I apply?

Post by ElMa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Hello everyone!

Please help me to clarify the situation.
My husband is an EEA national, and I've just received an EEA Family permit. Then I would like to apply for RC. But... My husband is working as an expat from his country, so he gets the salary from foreign company and doesn't have to pay the taxes in the UK.

In this case can I apply for RC?

Thank you in adavnce!

el_fer
Newly Registered

Re: Can I apply?

Post by el_fer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:12 pm

ElMa wrote:Hello everyone!

Please help me to clarify the situation.
My husband is an EEA national, and I've just received an EEA Family permit. Then I would like to apply for RC. But... My husband is working as an expat from his country, so he gets the salary from foreign company and doesn't have to pay the taxes in the UK.

In this case can I apply for RC?

Thank you in adavnce!
Hello ElMa.
In all cases whether you have plans to stay in UK more than six months is better apply to RC. Now it is a hard process, it takes long time therefore I advise you to apply as soon as possible.
All the best!

ElMa
Newly Registered

Re: Can I apply?

Post by ElMa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:17 pm

el_fer wrote: Hello ElMa.
In all cases whether you have plans to stay in UK more than six months is better apply to RC. Now it is a hard process, it takes long time therefore I advise you to apply as soon as possible.
All the best!
el_fer, thanks a lot!! :wink: Then I'll try to do it asap.

Hiyos
Newly Registered

Post by Hiyos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 am

efimmike wrote:RC application sent: 9/7/12

I really don't understand y they still ve not issue me a coa after all this while
I called several times and they keep telling me they re still investigating my case I thought coa is just to acknoledge receipt of application, anyway I ve no option but to wait.

Hi, I'm in the same situation.
application sent: 17/7/12
RC received by HO: 18/7/12

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Actually COA means a little more than that now. It used to be as you stated, but as a result of complaints brought against the UKBA 2-3 years ago they changed their procedures. (This happened at the same time as the processing time updates were removed from the UKBA website, which those in this process for several years may remember.) Now instead of simply firing off a COA when the application is received, they actually do a full check for the unwaivable documents first, and will return your application if anything obvious is missing. So this does involve a caseworker having to sit down with your application and go through it. This was done because one of the chief complaints at the time was applicants finding after several months that their application could not proceed because of missing key evidence. The UKBA sought to significantly reduce the frequency of that scenario.

IMHO none of this excuses the COA taking months to arrive, but it does go some way to explain why things have changed.

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:39 pm

jotter wrote:

Actually COA means a little more than that now. It used to be as you stated, but as a result of complaints brought against the UKBA 2-3 years ago they changed their procedures. (This happened at the same time as the processing time updates were removed from the UKBA website, which those in this process for several years may remember.) Now instead of simply firing off a COA when the application is received, they actually do a full check for the unwaivable documents first, and will return your application if anything obvious is missing. So this does involve a caseworker having to sit down with your application and go through it. This was done because one of the chief complaints at the time was applicants finding after several months that their application could not proceed because of missing key evidence. The UKBA sought to significantly reduce the frequency of that scenario.

IMHO none of this excuses the COA taking months to arrive, but it does go some way to explain why things have changed.
These things are happening, but all of that is inexcusable. My case (that you can see in my sign-timeline) is the real example of there are something really wrong, isn´t normal all of that. I understand all rules and at the first time we were patience with the process times, but it is unreasonable that they have returned the application for something irrelevant (EU passport near to expires, 2.5 months just when they have check the application) they thought that was not enough evidence (having to apply with a new EEU passport -Notice this passport is European! is not mine). Ok, application was re sent and 2 months waiting now...and NOTHING! any CoA yet. I have asking the passports and I have received them with a letter advising whether I leave the country I need to come back with a EEA Family Permit entrance! The first time that I have applied for the RC was in mid May... five months without CoA, loosing time, energy and more...Without the right to work (with some offers) That is frustrating, thanks for read all of this...
I wish all the best to the people who are in the same situation!

Adel123
Newly Registered

Re: Call them and ask for COA Adel

Post by Adel123 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm

thanks to amie and this forum now i have received COA

:)

EEA2 application received by UKBA 19.06
called in total 4 times and one letter requesting COA posted 1st class on 19.09.2012
Received COA on 02.10.2012 .. dated 26.09.2012 by post 2nd class

Adel123 wrote:Thanks a lot

I called them today, their response was that we received it but still not processed (standard reply) and if you need COA for some reason you have to send a letter to UKBA European Case Team PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN

I just posted a letter to this address and will keep calling them everyday from now.

cheers

Adel

amie1231 wrote:
Adel123 wrote:no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

EEA2 received by UKBA 19/06/2012
COA ---
RC ---
My EEA2 application was also received by HO on 18/06/2012 through my solicitor.I phone them many times for the past two weeks and just on last Friday 14/09/2012 when I phoned the lady told me she has made a request on the her computer for one to be posted and I should receive it within the next 5 working days so I am expecting to receive it from tomorrow Monday to Friday this week.I will post here again with my timeline when I receive it.

I suggest strongly it's worths it to phone them for your COA Adel

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi guys, I finally received my RC today, which was sent to me by UKBA on 20th Sep. I want to express my appreciation to all the chaps here who share their experience and give me their help.

onthemoon
Newly Registered

Post by onthemoon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Chiang wrote:Hi guys, I finally received my RC today, which was sent to me by UKBA on 20th Sep. I want to express my appreciation to all the chaps here who share their experience and give me their help.

HI MATE: DID EVER U CALL THEM ?

LegendaryT
Newly Registered

Post by LegendaryT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Congrats to everyone who received their RCs. My hats off to you and I so wish I could be in your shoes right now. Although, I am only in the beginning of my application process, I feel like I have already gone through so much dealing with UKBA.

In my situation, I am American and originally came here on a Tier 4 Student in 2008, then did a Tier 1 PSW, then was granted sponsorship from my work (tier 2), that expires in about 2 weeks. I met my now husband (French) from school (so back in 2009) and we've been together ever since. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get married/stay in the UK, and he was living in France for the last 2 years while I was working in the UK. Thinking we were gonna have to part ways, he moved to the UK and found a job in April so we could spend time together before I left.

Then we realized how stupid it was NOT to be married because clearly we want to be together so we got married, after waiting to the last minute. Anyway, I applied for the EEA2 literally a week after we got married (we only got married a month ago) but then I had a urgent mishap with family causing me to fly home quickly. However, I don't have my CoA (after reading this forum, I have compiled some relevent docs for my re-entry) and I've also sent numerous requests to UKBA to return my passport so I can go. Here we are, almost 2 weeks later and I have yet to receive it and I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow. I used a special delivery envelope and the lady I phoned today said they posted it yesterday, but there is no tracking info available!

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me regarding how soon UKBA sends special delivery items (i.e. what time of day, considering the postman can still collect it) or if requesting my passport back this soon going to mess up my application. Also, since UKBA clearly are responsible for me having to change my flight (despite giving them lots of notice) would I be able to pursue compensation for this? Thanks everyone!

EEA2 Application Sent: 13 Sept, 2012
Received by HO: 14 Sept, 2012
Passport Requested: 20 Sept, 2012
Passport Received:...
Last edited by LegendaryT on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi guys, I sent my application 20/7/. They got it 23/7/ and I still didn't recieve the coa or any information whatsover from them. Does anybody know a number I can call? i only know the one they put on the application form and it's an answering machine, no person to talk to. I also want to request my husbands ID back. PLEASE HELP!!!

LegendaryT
Newly Registered

Post by LegendaryT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 pm

andrea.starcevic wrote:Hi guys, I sent my application 20/7/. They got it 23/7/ and I still didn't recieve the coa or any information whatsover from them. Does anybody know a number I can call? i only know the one they put on the application form and it's an answering machine, no person to talk to. I also want to request my husbands ID back. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi there, based on what I've read on here, you can email the UKBA (LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk) in order to request your husband's ID back. If it is very urgent, you can give them a call (0845 010 5200 - Option 1, then 2, then plan on waiting upwards to 30 mins on hold). Depending on how they feel, this can get returned to you in a week or two (in my case, it's more like 2).

As for your CoA, I'm still waiting on mine but I know I applied last month so I don't expect it so soon (on their website it makes it sound like its very soon - when I applied for a PSW visa, I got my letter within a WEEK! But that's because I paid 500gbp for it). From what I've read, you should also request this when you ring about the passport. They may or may not be able to let you know the status of the CoA. Conversely, it may help to write them a letter to find out as well. Good luck!

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm

LegendaryT wrote:
andrea.starcevic wrote:Hi guys, I sent my application 20/7/. They got it 23/7/ and I still didn't recieve the coa or any information whatsover from them. Does anybody know a number I can call? i only know the one they put on the application form and it's an answering machine, no person to talk to. I also want to request my husbands ID back. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi there, based on what I've read on here, you can email the UKBA (LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk) in order to request your husband's ID back. If it is very urgent, you can give them a call (0845 010 5200 - Option 1, then 2, then plan on waiting upwards to 30 mins on hold). Depending on how they feel, this can get returned to you in a week or two (in my case, it's more like 2).

As for your CoA, I'm still waiting on mine but I know I applied last month so I don't expect it so soon (on their website it makes it sound like its very soon - when I applied for a PSW visa, I got my letter within a WEEK! But that's because I paid 500gbp for it). From what I've read, you should also request this when you ring about the passport. They may or may not be able to let you know the status of the CoA. Conversely, it may help to write them a letter to find out as well. Good luck!
Got mine today. This is my time line;
Send application: 9/7/12
Application received by ho:10/7/12
COA: 4/10/12 dated 2/10/12
RC: still waiting.
"God's time is the best'

amie1231

Re: Call them and ask for COA Adel

Post by amie1231 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Congratulations Adel I also received my COA on the 25/09/2012 dated 21/09/2012.I have seen ur congratulations.All the best for us for the RC finally.
Amie
Adel123 wrote:thanks to amie and this forum now i have received COA

:)

EEA2 application received by UKBA 19.06
called in total 4 times and one letter requesting COA posted 1st class on 19.09.2012
Received COA on 02.10.2012 .. dated 26.09.2012 by post 2nd class

Adel123 wrote:Thanks a lot

I called them today, their response was that we received it but still not processed (standard reply) and if you need COA for some reason you have to send a letter to UKBA European Case Team PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN

I just posted a letter to this address and will keep calling them everyday from now.

cheers

Adel

amie1231 wrote:
Adel123 wrote:no COA yet here ... any suggestions what should i do ?? is there an email address i can contact them on ? please help .. i have no idea what needs to be done

EEA2 received by UKBA 19/06/2012
COA ---
RC ---
My EEA2 application was also received by HO on 18/06/2012 through my solicitor.I phone them many times for the past two weeks and just on last Friday 14/09/2012 when I phoned the lady told me she has made a request on the her computer for one to be posted and I should receive it within the next 5 working days so I am expecting to receive it from tomorrow Monday to Friday this week.I will post here again with my timeline when I receive it.

I suggest strongly it's worths it to phone them for your COA Adel
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

azdjani2012
Mood:

Not yet here

Post by azdjani2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am

applied 27 July, HO received on 29 July and its almost 2 months, n i didn't called them, nor email, just waiting waiting waiting, dnt want to bother them..

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 am

I am also still waiting guys :) ...waiting waiting and waiting...no COA yet..
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

shadybond007
Newly Registered

Post by shadybond007 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 am

i need help asap. To request for my COA, can i state my reason is because i need it so that i do not lose my current job? or do i just ask them to send me for my records.