ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR to ILR Success : Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

FLR to ILR Success : Solihull PEO

Post by sojan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 am

PEO Expirience at Solihull - FLR to ILR - 01 Oct 2012

Hi All,

First of all a big thanks to this forum which helped me through all my applications. I received my ILR 4 months ago and my wife was in ILR. Now as she finished her 2 years, I applied her ILR too at Solihull.

Preparation Stages:
We booked appointments online 6 weeks (42 days) earlier. There was plently of appointment in every PEO location when you book appointments online 42 days before your appointment date at midnight. I booked one appointment Solihull PEO for ILR

We lived in a single address for 2 years. This time application was more straight foward (compared to my ILR), hence no tense moments !!

Photos: I prepared photos myself a week before. I took photo with my digital Camera and prepared as per this guidance and printed out at boots. Much cost effective and better. (Costed only 25p for 8 photos)

As previously for my ILR documents, I made documents into 3 sets.
(i) Very important documents and mandatory for the applications
(ii) Mostly asked documents
(iii) Rarely asked .. just in case

(i) Very important documents and mandatory for the applications
- Form Set(M)
- 2 Photos for applicant my wife
- 1 Photo of myself
- Passport + Biometric Card
- LIUK result
- Marriage Certificate
- UKBA Appointment letter
- Wife Debit Card

(ii) Mostly asked documents
I took 6 docs per year, because I was confused what 6 documents spanned across 3 years mean!!
- Council Tax document combined in both our names (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Election Document - Combined names (2011, 2012)
- Rental agreement - combined names (From 2011 onwards)
- Bank Statements (2010,2011, 2012) bunch - her
- Bank Statements (2010,2011, 2012) bunch - mine
- Pay slips (2010,2011, 2012) bunch - mine
- GP Letter (2010) - her
- Bank Opening letter (2010) - her
- Car Driving license (2010)with photo - mine
- Car Driving license (2012) with photo - her
- HMRC documents (2010, 2011, 2012) - mine
- National Insurance application document (2010) - her
- UKBA biometric letters (2011, 2012) - her
- UKBA biometric letters (2011, 2012) - mine
- Few other more

(iii) Rarely asked .. just in case
- Gym membership
- Play.com letter for me and her
- Wife UK Naric letter and her degree Certificates
- Credit card bills - mine
- Many other documents.. don't know what all now

On The day:
Ensured phone was fully charged and checked all documents quickly before starting from house.
We arrived at Solihull at 08:45am. The parking lot of UKBA was closed, hence I parked in John Lewis parking.
Security check took 10 minutes, also they checked that application form is the latest valid form. They also gave us a ticket with a number and barcode for biometrics. Don't lose it! You require this all the time. Though only her name was in appointment, they allowed both of us in !!

We were called around 09:15, went to case worker. She asked for the application form. (I had a B&W copy only as my printer ink finished :) )She said the form was wrong !! I said, can you please double check as I've checked and it was SET(M) form. She went inside and said, you are right. mmm...

She ticked some paper and wrote down something. Then asked for LIUK, which we gave. Then asked for Photos. Then asked for 6 documents. She asked if we can give combined documents first. Gave Council documents (3). Then gave her election document (2011). She asked for a document for 2010 (gave her bank document and my bank document), then a document for 2012 (Which we gave driving license for her and my another bank statement). That's it. So it was 6 documents in total !!

She went inside and did some checks and said your application is granted. She asked My passport + my Biometric card + her biometric card + the above 6 documents. I said last time, the passport was put into archive and I looked bit concerned. She said it should be fine and we should be able to collect before we go.
She asked us to go to the payment area. This time they used the page from application form and not used card. Then we went for biometrics in 30mins. After an hour, we were called and said the payment went fine and gave us all the application including my passport and my biometric and an application success letter.

Went to nearby Subway had a snack and coffee.

Now just waiting for the Biometric Card to come.
All the best for your application.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 am

Congratulations!

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Congrats dude!
She went inside and did some checks and said your application is granted. She asked My passport + my Biometric card + her biometric card + the above 6 documents. I said last time, the passport was put into archive and I looked bit concerned. She said it should be fine and we should be able to collect before we go.
She asked us to go to the payment area.
So do you only pay if approved? Did you get your passport and doc's back?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 am

Big big congratulations. Could you tell me what is UKBA Appointment letter. I booked my peo appointment and It mentioned about print and sign off officilal letter but not found any such letter.
Thanks

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 am

edthesock wrote:Congrats dude!
She asked us to go to the payment area.
So do you only pay if approved? Did you get your passport and doc's back?
In my case, he was not able to do the criminality check. He said he is happy with the documents and we are going to issue you settlement visa. Then he asked that we dont have any criminal convictions? That means although he was happy with the application but he didnt get time to do the CRB check and said if it is clean it should go through and asked me to make the payment. I had personally done my CRB check and it came out clean so i was pleased to hear that they will grant us ILR.

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:19 am

arifahmmed wrote:Big big congratulations. Could you tell me what is UKBA Appointment letter. I booked my peo appointment and It mentioned about print and sign off officilal letter but not found any such letter.
Thanks
Appointment letter is the email UKBA send to you when you book the appointment. Give gmail address if possible, coz the printout comes good.