ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:09 pm

ukraj007 wrote:Hi Everyone! I have been a silent observer for the past few weeks & thought of sharing with you all.. Recently, I've sent my SET (protection route) application to UKBA Liverpool (through recorded royal mail delivery)..

This is my timeline..

Application Date: 20/08/2012

Received by UKBA: 21/08/2012 (Royal Mail Tracking Service)

No Acknowledgement Letter Received.

Biometric Letter: 05/10/2012 (dated by UKBA on 01/10/2012)

I have not entered my biometric yet.. I will keep you guys updating..
ukrej. Thanks for sharing. I think u r lucky that ur caseworker is either less stretched or super active. I've completed my Biometrics a week ago. A letter accompanying the Biometric letter is the acknowledgement letter. Hope the BRP will be issued by the end of November.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 pm

[quote="festronaut"][quote="ukraj007"]Hi Everyone! I have been a silent observer for the past few weeks & thought of sharing with you all.. Recently, I've sent my SET (protection route) application to UKBA Liverpool (through recorded royal mail delivery)..

This is my timeline..

I have not entered my biometric yet.. I will keep you guys updating..[/quote]
ukrej. Thanks for sharing. I think u r lucky that ur caseworker is either less stretched or super active. I've completed my Biometrics a week ago. A letter accompanying the Biometric letter is the acknowledgement letter. Hope the BRP will be issued by the end of November.[/quote]

when did you receive your biometric ? I have not called them as you said they would not give any info

ukraj007
Newly Registered

Post by ukraj007 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:49 am

Thank you everyone.. I wish & hope that things go well for everyone earliar than stressful waiting.. I understand how it feels like to get no reply & very poor response from the home office I think I still feel lucky with my employment too.. I've printed the Home office guide for employers checklist from UKBA website which explains my rights remains the same untill a decision being made.. ( my LLR expired on 20th September 2012.. So, my NHS employment is safe as I've explained the situation to my manager..

@doodoo, I've received the biometric letter on 05/10/2012 (Letter is dated back to 01/10/2012 by home office) which says that I have to enter my biometric details within 15 days.. First thing on monday, I'll go to the post office and get it done straight away.. I'll keep you updated..

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:
festronaut wrote:
ukraj007 wrote:Hi Everyone! I have been a silent observer for the past few weeks & thought of sharing with you all.. Recently, I've sent my SET (protection route) application to UKBA Liverpool (through recorded royal mail delivery)..

This is my timeline..

I have not entered my biometric yet.. I will keep you guys updating..
ukrej. Thanks for sharing. I think u r lucky that ur caseworker is either less stretched or super active. I've completed my Biometrics a week ago. A letter accompanying the Biometric letter is the acknowledgement letter. Hope the BRP will be issued by the end of November.
when did you receive your biometric ? I have not called them as you said they would not give any info
Hi doodoo2012. As it has already been more than 3 months in waiting, you should try calling them now and ask for the oral confirmation whether they have received ur docs. Try calling them two or three times (if one is not helpful, the other might be helpful). If I'm not wrong, I think that you have sent your docs in normal post. If you were asked to write to them, then you should write to them (this letter should be sent by recorded delivery, so that it will act as a proof) . Best of Luck.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:21 pm

[quote="festronaut"][quote="doodoo2012"][quote="festronaut"][quote="ukraj007"]Hi Everyone! I have been a silent observer for the past few weeks & thought of sharing with you all.. Recently, I've sent my SET (protection route) application to UKBA Liverpool (through recorded royal mail delivery)..

This is my timeline..

I have not entered my biometric yet.. I will keep you guys updating..[/quote]
ukrej. Thanks for sharing. I think u r lucky that ur caseworker is either less stretched or super active. I've completed my Biometrics a week ago. A letter accompanying the Biometric letter is the acknowledgement letter. Hope the BRP will be issued by the end of November.[/quote]

when did you receive your biometric ? I have not called them as you said they would not give any info[/quote]

Hi doodoo2012. As it has already been more than 3 months in waiting, you should try calling them now and ask for the oral confirmation whether they have received ur docs. Try calling them two or three times (if one is not helpful, the other might be helpful). If I'm not wrong, I think that you have sent your docs in normal post. If you were asked to write to them, then you should write to them (this letter should be sent by recorded delivery, so that it will act as a proof) . Best of Luck.[/quote]

Hi festronaut,

thank you for your help.

I called today 08706067766 "the hotline" and I followed the instructions to get to option 3 which says "we can't provide any information regarding applications made less than six months" that was an answer machine and then the line drops automatically.
So I decided to call and try to find another option, I found option 4 with 2 (I think) sub option, the answer saying this is "enquiry line for any application more than six months" I waited on the music queue for 25 minutes with no operator coming on the phone. I guess I have to try again ? I hang up because I had to go back to work.

Any other ideas of contacting them ? e.g. via mail ? go to the local home office? maybe they can look at their system and see something, if they let me in.

I am really pissed off. I followed the exact procedure and sent everything. I have not received anything from them. Maybe the cleaner binned my application !

Doodoo

mshasan24

Hello Doodo

Post by mshasan24 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 am

Sir;

I have called them today and they have given me a very helpful information they exactly tell me what they can see on the system, when you dial the number choose option number 4 for the other and then choose option number 1 for the biometric enrollment, then you will be connected to the queu you have to wait for almost around ten to 15 minutes in the queu I will advice you to call a home telephone which is free for the 0870.

you have to prepare your Home Office Reference Number its the reference which was given to you when you have been granted the LLR i think it starts the letter H, explain to them if they have received your documents, if they confirm that it has not been login the system yet then I doubt your documents has not reached them.

Doodo I wish you for good luck and hopefully everything will be ok, I got a friend of mine, he have applied 24 of July they have sent him the Biometric invitation letter on 15 of September one month and half...

doodoo2012

Re: Hello Doodo

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:03 pm

[quote="mshasan24"]Sir;

I have called them today and they have given me a very helpful information they exactly tell me what they can see on the system, when you dial the number choose option number 4 for the other and then choose option number 1 for the biometric enrollment, then you will be connected to the queu you have to wait for almost around ten to 15 minutes in the queu I will advice you to call a home telephone which is free for the 0870.

you have to prepare your Home Office Reference Number its the reference which was given to you when you have been granted the LLR i think it starts the letter H, explain to them if they have received your documents, if they confirm that it has not been login the system yet then I doubt your documents has not reached them.

Doodo I wish you for good luck and hopefully everything will be ok, I got a friend of mine, he have applied 24 of July they have sent him the Biometric invitation letter on 15 of September one month and half...[/quote]

Thank you for the advice.

I called again today and waited 27 minutes till an operator came on the line which had some disastrous news for me plus was not helpful at all.

The good news, they have received my application and all the documents :-)

Bad news, they have not updated my details and still have my old address on their system !!! although I moved house 6 weeks ago and I sent them a recorded letter exactly how they say at the end of SET form to inform them about change of address. The lady as I said was useless and she said she can't tell if there is any correspondents been sent out ! arrrrrgh

I have set up post redirection before I left the property just to make sure I don't loose out, does the home office sent letters using Royal Mail ?

What do I do next ?

She asked me to fill in the online details update form and submit it. so I did.

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:
mshasan24 wrote:Sir;

Doodo I wish you for good luck and hopefully everything will be ok, I got a friend of mine, he have applied 24 of July they have sent him the Biometric invitation letter on 15 of September one month and half...

I called again today and waited 27 minutes till an operator came on the line which had some disastrous news for me plus was not helpful at all.

Bad news, they have not updated my details and still have my old address on their system !!! although I moved house 6 weeks ago and I sent them a recorded letter exactly how they say at the end of SET form to inform them about change of address. The lady as I said was useless and she said she can't tell if there is any correspondents been sent out ! arrrrrgh

I have set up post redirection before I left the property just to make sure I don't loose out, does the home office sent letters using Royal Mail ?

What do I do next ?

She asked me to fill in the online details update form and submit it. so I did.
Yes they use Royal mail (almost all cases). You can try with the Royal mail Dispatch centre. If you still couldn't figure it out, then try to get ur MP involved.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:24 pm

[quote="festronaut"][quote="doodoo2012"][quote="mshasan24"]Sir;

Doodo I wish you for good luck and hopefully everything will be ok, I got a friend of mine, he have applied 24 of July they have sent him the Biometric invitation letter on 15 of September one month and half...[/quote]

What do I do next ?

She asked me to fill in the online details update form and submit it. so I did.[/quote]

Yes they use Royal mail (almost all cases). You can try with the Royal mail Dispatch centre. If you still couldn't figure it out, then try to get ur MP involved.[/quote]

Hi Guys,

Nothing has gone to my old address, thank God. Updated my address at the home office and still waiting !

Is it possible that my application is taking longer because I added dependant (wife) ? I was not married when I received my refugee status.

Thanks,

Doodoo

Ganta
Newly Registered

Post by Ganta » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 pm

I have joined the queue like you guys,posted Set protection this week.Waiting for acknowledgment letter.Good luck to all of us.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 pm

[quote="Ganta"]I have joined the queue like you guys,posted Set protection this week.Waiting for acknowledgment letter.Good luck to all of us.[/quote]

Hi Ganta,

When did you apply ?

Ganta
Newly Registered

Post by Ganta » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm

last week.

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi guys,
hope you're all good.
I've just joined the forum but was reading posts here since September.Still not sure if my post will appear in the right place.
So, a little familiar with some of you.
I sent my application(set protection route) on the 20th of August and still waiting, no acknowledgment letter.

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:25 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi guys,
hope you're all good.
I've just joined the forum but was reading posts here since September.Still not sure if my post will appear in the right place.
So, a little familiar with some of you.
I sent my application(set protection route) on the 20th of August and still waiting, no acknowledgment letter.
Hello tab0287,
Welcome. On basis of my limited knowledge and exposure, I could say according to the overall statistics that you could expect your biometric letter (which is also the acknowledgement letter) by the end of November. Though some got it much too earlier :)

tab0287
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by tab0287 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:26 pm

hi festronaut, thak you for welcoming me in here.

I have checked the delivery status of my application through post office tracking service which confirmed that it was delivered the very next day, sadly I lost the post office receipt and it was only my proof of sending my paperwork in. Today I just hope they have it. What do you think about it?

rukia888

Re: Mode of delivery of Biometric request

Post by rukia888 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 pm

festronaut wrote:
festronaut wrote:
rukia888 wrote:Hi mshasan24, thanks for your help. Sorry to confused you there, i didnt mention that my application is the SET(Protction route) as well, 5 years of refugee status or the other. I can't remember now. I sent my application form off in June n just had the. Invitation to get my fingers print done and it is free Cos I just had it done on. Monday. Now I'm just waiting for their decision now.
Any good new from ur side? Hope all of us don't have to wait much longer :)
P.s I didn't get the acknowledge letter just the invitation to get biometric info done
Hello rukia888, Did you get the biometric request letter by registered post or by normal post?
Hi festronaut, sorry late reply. My biomerric didn't come with recorded delivery which I found really odd. Still waiting for their decision. Any good new from your side?

Good luck guys :)

rukia888

Re: Hello

Post by rukia888 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm

tab0287 wrote:hi festronaut, thak you for welcoming me in here.

I have checked the delivery status of my application through post office tracking service which confirmed that it was delivered the very next day, sadly I lost the post office receipt and it was only my proof of sending my paperwork in. Today I just hope they have it. What do you think about it?
If you send it with next day delivery then they should received it next day. :)

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi everyone,
Today I received a biometric enrolment letter, it is dated 5 October. It says you have to do it in 15 working days. I hope it is not late.why it took them so long to send it. By the way it came by normal post

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi everyone,
Today I received a biometric enrolment letter, it is dated 5 October. It says you have to do it in 15 working days. I hope it is not late.why it took them so long to send it. By the way it came by normal post
I'm happy for you. Hope u have already done with that. :)

festronaut

Re: Mode of delivery of Biometric request

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Its ridiculous that they don't send the biometric letter in recorded delivery.

mirna

Post by mirna » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 pm

hi guys, hope you all doing good. I have sent my application in mid september and no answer till now, i am a bit worried. Congratulagion for those who got their ilr.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi all,
Finally my biometric turnned up on the 22/10 and dated 2/10. Thank God I managed to do it before the end of the 15 working day limit. BUT my wife biometric did not come so I called them and they told me it was sent same time as mine and could have gone missing. So now we are waiting for her. They told me up to 4 weeks it could take.

I hope this feedback useful.

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi all,
Finally my biometric turnned up on the 22/10 and dated 2/10. Thank God I managed to do it before the end of the 15 working day limit. BUT my wife biometric did not come so I called them and they told me it was sent same time as mine and could have gone missing. So now we are waiting for her. They told me up to 4 weeks it could take.

I hope this feedback useful.
Happy for you doodoo2012. Hopefully, you will receive ur wife's biometric soon. Check it with the local delivery centre (both current and previous address). :)

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

mirna wrote:hi guys, hope you all doing good. I have sent my application in mid september and no answer till now, i am a bit worried. Congratulagion for those who got their ilr.
Welcome mirna. Don't worry for september application. It could come at any time (approximately 3 months, but some get it too early). Take it easy.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 pm

[quote="festronaut"][quote="doodoo2012"]Hi all,

I hope this feedback useful.[/quote]

Happy for you doodoo2012. Hopefully, you will receive ur wife's biometric soon. Check it with the local delivery centre (both current and previous address). :)[/quote]

Thank you dude, I have checked nothing arrived here on the old address. I already called and after the usual waiting 30 mins, they said we will send new one out ... so loads of praying and fingers crossed.