ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am

it's been a week and a half since i rcvd my approval letter and still no sign of my invitation letter from the ceremony :(

HariMathy
Newly Registered

Post by HariMathy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am

did u call the council and asked? in my approval it was mentioned that i should call the council.. but when i called them to book, they told we are waiting for letter from Home office once we receive we will only send the Ceremony invitation letter. you dont need to call us.. strange..

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 am

the approval letter i got is different from yours as it says that it is not an invitation letter to the ceremony, that will follow and if i don't rcv it within 2 weeks of the date of the letter (2 weeks will be tomorrow), i should send them to an email to the address provided. it also states i should not contact my local council until i have rcvd the invitation letter from ukba.

despite all this, i called camden council yesterday and the person i spoke to says i need to contact ukba as they are the ones responsible for issuing the invitation letter and so far he couldn't see any trace of my details on his system. though it is not the full 2 weeks yet, i decided to email ukba y'day anyway to the email address in the letter and all i got was an automated reply back with a bunch of crap that didn't apply and saying that is the only response i will get.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 pm

further my last, just heard from my other half that my letter arrived at home today. i will call the council shortly.

HariMathy
Newly Registered

Post by HariMathy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 pm

congrats kel..

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Well, it's 6 months today since my wife applied for BC. Very frustrating that she has been kept waiting longer than 97% of applicants for no apparent reason.

Anyway, I won't be posting the timeline and won't be contributing anything to this "forum" again. I've realized that the moderators here have no qualms about deleting (or moving or editing) information that people have taken the trouble to write in order to help others, without any warning about what will be changed. I would suggest they provide prominent notices about what is allowed (apparently, only simple questions that can be answered by looking at the HO website).

ola1

Post by ola1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 am

Hi, I got my approval letter on 03/10/12 called my council 04/10/12 to book my ceremony but I was told that there is no space until 06 Dec.2012. at noon on 04/10/12 I walked in to my council town hall to book for private ceremony and only to be asked if I want it done now. i got my ceremony done immediately which cost me £100 cash. I think it will be better to call your council to book private if you want it fast anyways.

I also think the delay is sometime to get ppl to go private. so all is money making if I can get space for a private ceremony next day of receiving my brown envelop :lol:
kel wrote:Tomorrow will be a week since a rcvd my approval letter and still no sign of the invitation letter for the ceremony. Should I be worried?

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:01 am

Thanks ola. I eventually got my invitation letter a week and a half after the approval letter. When i called the council i was told the next available date is 31st october. I hv booked it but was also toying with the idea of whether to cancel and go private. Eventually i thought it wasnt worth the extra 150 quid so am sticking with the public one. I cant blv camden council is so busy that i hv to wait this long. I mean they do ceremony every wednesday and its 45 people per ceremony.

ola1

Post by ola1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:02 am

kel wrote:further my last, just heard from my other half that my letter arrived at home today. i will call the council shortly.

congrats kel

ola1

Post by ola1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 am

kel wrote:Thanks ola. I eventually got my invitation letter a week and a half after the approval letter. When i called the council i was told the next available date is 31st october. I hv booked it but was also toying with the idea of whether to cancel and go private. Eventually i thought it wasnt worth the extra 150 quid so am sticking with the public one. I cant blv camden council is so busy that i hv to wait this long. I mean they do ceremony every wednesday and its 45 people per ceremony.

great, don't worry 31 Oct. 12 not that bad moreover you have the approval and the invitation already.

I had to go private and spend £100 extra because I made a mistake on my date of birth by representing August with 07 instead of 08 whilst filling my application so my certificate came in the wrongly filled DOB, and when I called HO i was advice to attend the ceremony then send my N.certificate along with prove back for amendment. so I had no option that to act fast.

congrats once again "kel"

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:55 am

Ok ola. What you hv done makes sense. Hope it does not take too long for them to make the correction. Keep us updated.

ola1

Post by ola1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 am

kel wrote:Ok ola. What you hv done makes sense. Hope it does not take too long for them to make the correction. Keep us updated.
Thanks, I hope it does not take too long moreover that it was checked and certified by the council official that conduct my private ceremony copy my birth certificate,passport and driver's licence for a prove of DOB, stamp it then posted it on my behave.

I will surely keep all instrested member posted.

emarketeruk

finally

Post by emarketeruk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:30 pm

finally i have received my approval this saturday ... need to call tomorrow to book for ceremony as i am planning to go private... :D

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Congrats emarketeruk!

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 am

We(me and my wife) received our approval on 5th october and i called hampshire council on saturday to enquire regarding cermony.

They told they will get back to me (give me phone call) in next couple of days to give me next available appts dates.

I will decide depending on the dates to go for a private or public cermony.

Best Wishes for everyone waiting.

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 am

Hi All,
I got my approval on saturday 6th Oct. Eventhough it was few weeks later than the july club members, i am catching up on the time i have missed. Called my council first thing today (monday) & managed to get the ceremony booked for tomorrow :D

passport application is also ready so probably will be sent it to passport office tomorrow too :D all the best for everyone

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 am

great news! lucky you managed to get a ceremony date so soon. I have to wait until 31st October!

ola1

Re: finally

Post by ola1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 pm

emarketeruk wrote:finally i have received my approval this saturday ... need to call tomorrow to book for ceremony as i am planning to go private... :D
congrats mate. it's like all July club is almost done with waiting for approval.

ola1

Post by ola1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:32 pm

emarketeruk wrote:Hi All,
I got my approval on saturday 6th Oct. Eventhough it was few weeks later than the july club members, i am catching up on the time i have missed. Called my council first thing today (monday) & managed to get the ceremony booked for tomorrow :D

passport application is also ready so probably will be sent it to passport office tomorrow too :D all the best for everyone
nice1 mate. am so happy for you :D :lol:

Meropenem
Newly Registered

Post by Meropenem » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Waiting for approval and getting really stressed out and impatient. Applied on 14 June. Is anyone still waiting since June.

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi All,
i completed my ceremony today & became a british citizen :D it was such an experience. All the best for all of you & i am sure your memorable day is not long away... sending my passport application tomorrow 8) ken, ola1.. thanks for both of you!!!

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm

i completed my ceremony today & became a british citizen :D it was such an experience. All the best for all of you & i am sure your memorable day is not long away... sending my passport application tomorrow 8) ken, ola1.. thanks for both of you!!!
I sent mine on the 19th Sep and reached HO on the 20th Sep , money debited on 1 Oct , am i in the Sept club or October club and when do you think is the average time to hear the approval guys , thanx !! Anyone just chip in i m curious on the time waiting ... :)

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm

trs2011 wrote:
I sent mine on the 19th Sep and reached HO on the 20th Sep , money debited on 1 Oct , am i in the Sept club or October club and when do you think is the average time to hear the approval guys , thanx !! Anyone just chip in i m curious on the time waiting ... :)
if my timeline is anything to go buy i would say you would probably get approval by beginning December, all going well

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 pm

kel wrote:
trs2011 wrote:
if my timeline is anything to go buy i would say you would probably get approval by beginning December, all going well
Cheers mate , the wait is gonna kill me as we all know human nature just wants things done on an immediate basis rather than waiting ..

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 am

applied for my passport today through check & send :D now the wait start for British Passport
Last edited by emarketeruk on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.