ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Ceremony invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

No Ceremony invitation letter

Post by austin.pawers » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 am

Hi, my 2 weeks are gone but haven't received any ceremony invitation letter, Can I arrange my ceremony without this or I have to wait for the letter.

Thanks

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 am

My local authority wouldn't allow me to but if I were you I would still ring them and give it a try. Make sure you have your reference number from your approval letter handy. My invitation letter came just a day before the 2 weeks was going to expiry.

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

Post by austin.pawers » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 am

Ya I called my local council and they also refused. The problem is that email address they have mentioned on the Approval letter is simply replying a general message.

Don't know what to do. Any contact no please ?

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 am

i had also sent an email to that address in the letter a week ago and all i got was an automated response. luckily i got my invitation letter soon after

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

Post by austin.pawers » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

is there any contact no or any other email address where we can request a ceremony invitation letter ?

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm

U can call ur local council, that's the only way

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

addh wrote:U can call ur local council, that's the only way
when i tried this beginning of last week my local council was unwilling to assist without me having the invitation letter

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

Post by austin.pawers » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 am

same for me. They said you have to call home office. Now which contact no of home office shall I call ?

Thanks

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:07 am

try this one 01516725626

ola1

Post by ola1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm

kel wrote:
addh wrote:U can call ur local council, that's the only way
when i tried this beginning of last week my local council was unwilling to assist without me having the invitation letter
my subjective belief is that your local council can't do anything about it because if your council don't have your certificate with them then your ceremony can't be conducted. i will advice that you have to keep calling Home Office that you need to do the ceremony ASAP and with invitation noting can be done if there is anything they can do to facilitate it because its over two week you had your approval without invitation letter.

i hope that help. and good lock

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

Post by austin.pawers » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Guys you were right. I just called UKBA and told them that I have not received the ceremony invitation letter, they straight away ordered a new invitation letter to be sent out today.

So now i am waiting for more 15 days to see the outcome....

Thanks

ana ali

could u please give me contact number of ukba

Post by ana ali » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:50 pm

austin.pawers wrote:Guys you were right. I just called UKBA and told them that I have not received the ceremony invitation letter, they straight away ordered a new invitation letter to be sent out today.

Thanks
could u please give me contact number of ukba to ask for issuance of new letter of ceremony invitation

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: could u please give me contact number of ukba

Post by noble72uk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:14 pm

ana ali wrote:
austin.pawers wrote:Guys you were right. I just called UKBA and told them that I have not received the ceremony invitation letter, they straight away ordered a new invitation letter to be sent out today.

Thanks
could u please give me contact number of ukba to ask for issuance of new letter of ceremony invitation

ana ali

invitation letter.

Post by ana ali » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks
Mr. austin

have u got your invitation ceremony letter or not?

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Re: invitation letter.

Post by squirrel_land » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:13 am

ana ali wrote:

Thanks
Mr. austin

have u got your invitation ceremony letter or not?
I received my citizenship approval letter last week but the letter decision dated on 12th Oct, if I wouldn't get my invitation letter tomorrow 26th that'll be over two weeks, I will give em a call 01516725626 on first thing on Monday next week.

Do anyone know what's their working hours? 8am-6pm?

And thanks for the phone number in advance. :P

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:31 am

any news guys? I am still waiting for my invitation letter for ceremony :cry:

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 pm

just made a call to UKBA got told invitation letter was sent out last wednesday and it could take two weeks to reach me, fingers crossed and hope it reach me soon!

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:05 pm

My council just gave me a call saying that they have received my naturalisation certificate, obviously they noticed I made few calls to them last week trying to book a ceremony.

Unfortunately private ceremonies are fully booked so I would have to go to the public one, and they also mentioned I have to receive my invitation letter to be able attend, which I'm still waiting for.

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm a bit confused with posts above...

I've got a letter from UKBA saying my application has been aproved. In the same letter they ask me to contact my local authority within 21 days to arrange the british citizenship ceremony.

They have not sent any invitation with date and time for me to attend to as such.

So am I missing something? I rang local office today and they told me my ceremony is booked for 4 December.

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Mordoklej wrote:I'm a bit confused with posts above...

I've got a letter from UKBA saying my application has been aproved. In the same letter they ask me to contact my local authority within 21 days to arrange the british citizenship ceremony.

They have not sent any invitation with date and time for me to attend to as such.

So am I missing something? I rang local office today and they told me my ceremony is booked for 4 December.
Did you apply thru NCS? I read from other's posts that if you applied thru NCS you don't need to wait for invitation letter, I applied myself using special delivery thats probably why I received approval letter first then invitation letter after almost three weeks. :shock:

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm

I applied through NCS indeed.

My local County Council told me my ceremony date once I told them my name, post code and Home Office reference number from the letter. They also told me that they would send the confirmation of that by post.

But from what I read above it seemed like the ceremony invitation was supposed to come from the UKBA directly rather than from local authority, hence the confusion.

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Mordoklej wrote: My local County Council told me my ceremony date once I told them my name, post code and Home Office reference number from the letter. They also told me that they would send the confirmation of that by post.

But from what I read above it seemed like the ceremony invitation was supposed to come from the UKBA directly rather than from local authority, hence the confusion.
Did you get your citizenship approval letter along with invitation letter in one package?
I came separately which made me quite nervous because once I was supposed to book a ceremony within 21 days upon receiving citizenship approval letter.

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 pm

squirrel_land wrote:
Mordoklej wrote: My local County Council told me my ceremony date once I told them my name, post code and Home Office reference number from the letter. They also told me that they would send the confirmation of that by post.

Did you get your citizenship approval letter along with invitation letter in one package?
I came separately which made me quite nervous because once I was supposed to book a ceremony within 21 days upon receiving citizenship approval letter.
I've got a letter saying...

CITIZENSHIP INVITATION
APPLICATION FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BY (here my name and date of birth)

I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved. To complete the process of becoming a British citizen, you will need to attend a citizenship ceremony to receive your certificate. In the ceremony you will take an Oath or Affirmation of allegiance to the Crown and Pledge of loyalty to the United Kingdom. This is a formal promise to Her Majesty the Queen and the United Kingdom.

Then the letter says I need to contact my local authority within 21 days to book my ceremony (address on my local County Council and telephone number given). Also my details as they will appear on the certificate was mentioned in the letter. And there were Citizenship ceremonies guidance notes on the back of the letter.

It's the only letter I have received.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Mordoklej

I applied through NCS on 24th aug 2012 and I received the same letter like yours few weeks ago and when i called the local council,they told me that they will call me and arrange the ceremony date and will send the ceremony confirmation date which they did to me last week.

I think as long as you have contacted the local council and they have send the invitation letter,it should be fine.

Regards
Jaffar

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:10 pm

jaffar wrote:Hi Mordoklej

I applied through NCS on 24th aug 2012 and I received the same letter like yours few weeks ago and when i called the local council,they told me that they will call me and arrange the ceremony date and will send the ceremony confirmation date which they did to me last week.

I think as long as you have contacted the local council and they have send the invitation letter,it should be fine.

Regards
Jaffar
Cheers..

No problems so far it seems. It's just interesting that people who get approved by UKBA receive different stuff.

I know the date of my ceremony as today I contacted my local council and got it without fuss (they needed HO reference number to look at their system).